Star Wars Transformers

Wheeljack35

I found this at rebelscum.com

Hasbro 2006 Plans: Star Wars Transformers

As we previously reported, one of our Rebel spies has come across some interesting silver-and-black packaging with the logos of both Star Wars and Transformers on it.

While it's still very early in the development stages, and a lot depends on if retailers are willing to pick it up, here's a list of 12 toys in the works:

Luke Skywalker / X-Wing Fighter

Darth Vader / TIE Fighter

General Grievous / Wheel Bike

Obi-Wan Kenobi / Jedi Starfighter

Boba Fett / Slave 1

Darth Maul / Sith Infiltrator

Anakin Skywalker / Jedi Starfighter

Snowtrooper / AT-ST

Clone Trooper / ARC-170 Fighter

Emperor Palpatine / Star Destroyer

Jango Fett / Slave 1

If all goes as planned, these should begin appearing early in 2006.

In related news, we also hear that Transformers will be joining Star Wars in another popular line...more on that tomorrow.

I wonder what that means?

These definatly sound interesting. I've never really been into Transformers much though, so whether or not I'll actually get any of these remains to be seen.

This sounds a lot like those transforming Marvel characters that go from a figure to a vehicle. I was hoping for Star Wars vehicles that transformed into robots. If this line makes it to retail, it's going to have to look really good for me to pick it up.

I found this at rebelscum.com

Hasbro 2006 Plans: Star Wars Transformers

As we previously reported, one of our Rebel spies has come across some interesting silver-and-black packaging with the logos of both Star Wars and Transformers on it.

While it's still very early in the development stages, and a lot depends on if retailers are willing to pick it up, here's a list of 12 toys in the works:

Luke Skywalker / X-Wing Fighter

Darth Vader / TIE Fighter

General Grievous / Wheel Bike

Obi-Wan Kenobi / Jedi Starfighter

Boba Fett / Slave 1

Darth Maul / Sith Infiltrator

Anakin Skywalker / Jedi Starfighter

Snowtrooper / AT-ST

Clone Trooper / ARC-170 Fighter

Emperor Palpatine / Star Destroyer

Jango Fett / Slave 1

If all goes as planned, these should begin appearing early in 2006.

In related news, we also hear that Transformers will be joining Star Wars in another popular line...more on that tomorrow.

I wonder what that means?

Attacktix perhaps?

I hope these are just rumors, I would rather Hasbro actually

branch off into newer things, like EXPANDED UNIVERSE characters, which

in truth they should have already done.

From my understanding, the previous EU characters and vehicles that were offered during the POTF2 era were not exceptionally good sellers, and since many kids (the target audience) do not read the comics or books, it is difficult to gauge how well new EU characters would sell. The collectors would buy them, but it might not be enough to justify the cost of the new molds and all the work that would go into creating them. I doubt we will see any EU stuff before late '06 at the earliest, and even then just one or two more characters that are not repaints to test the water.

I hope these are just rumors,  I would rather Hasbro actually

branch off into newer things, like EXPANDED UNIVERSE characters, which

in truth they should have already done.

From my understanding, the previous EU characters and vehicles that were offered during the POTF2 era were not exceptionally good sellers, and since many kids (the target audience) do not read the comics or books, it is difficult to gauge how well new EU characters would sell. The collectors would buy them, but it might not be enough to justify the cost of the new molds and all the work that would go into creating them. I doubt we will see any EU stuff before late '06 at the earliest, and even then just one or two more characters that are not repaints to test the water.

I know what you are saying, however at the time those were released

the quality wasn't as good as it currently is. From their selections of characters I would figure the main buyers would really be the collectors rather than kids. I have no doubt that kids wouldn't take to some well detailed looking EU figures.

Hasbro could focus on the visually appealing characters, as well as making more Jedi and Sith characters, since they are making figures of those that are seen for only brief seconds.

What they really need to do is just take another chance and start introducing the characters while there is still alot of SW hype.

If it's saying that character will turn into that ship, then it sounds like crap.

But if, for example, the X-Wing turns into a honking great robot with a little Luke Skywalker as a pilot, then it might be ok

Ugh, I didn't care for the Marvel version of this idea, and I can't say I'm interested in a SW version either. The SW ship TF idea is a little interesting, though.

If it's saying that character will turn into that ship, then it sounds like crap.

But if, for example, the X-Wing turns into a honking great robot with a little Luke Skywalker as a pilot, then it might be ok

Yeah, that's what it sounds like though - I have a feeling these are not going to be very good...

Ugh, I didn't care for the Marvel version of this idea, and I can't say I'm interested in a SW version either. The SW ship TF idea is a little interesting, though.

Ditto.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like though - I have a feeling these are not going to be very good...

Yeah, I agree. I have said the same thing on other boards..

http://s12.invisionfree.com/Diverse_forums...hp?showtopic=84

Yes I really hope this is the Case, i suspect it is.

You know... I always hear that the EU figures did not sell well. I know that the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car EU toys stayed on shelves forever... but if the carded figures didn't sell well, I find it funny that I only found ONE EU figure at retail... and that was at a video game store of all places. Anyway...

I have been saying for a long time that they need to start making animated movies or mini series (on TV or direct to video) based off of the popular books/comics. Not only could they make money off of the DVD and/or TV airings... but they could then produce EU figures that the kids would actually want to buy.

As far as Star Wars Tansformers... I have been thinking that they will be Star Wars characters that transform into vehicles from the start... if that turns out to be true... I'm not interested.

I just found this at rebelscum

Hasbro 2006 Plans: Attacktix

The Attacktix line will see at least three more waves beyond the current series based on Revenge of the Sith.

We've already seen some of the figures from the second line making appearances at conventions like Celebration III and Comic-Con, and we've known the majority of Series 2 for awhile now, but what's next?

First of all, the Battle Case for Series 1 (which includes the exclusive Clone Trooper Sergeant) is due to arrive any day now. Good news for those who have been looking to complete their collection, and also have a nifty storage/stage for their figures.

Series 2 will follow the strategy of the first series, with a Starter Pack, Booster Sets, and Battle Masters. Featuring 30 characters from all 6 movies, this series is expected to debut this fall. The Starter Set figures will be repainted with new statistics.

Series 3 will include 30 characters from A New Hope, with a brand-new Starter Set, Booster Packs, and a new Battle Case. Should be out early 2006.

Series 4 will include 30 characters from Return of the Jedi, and the Starter Set figures will be repainted with new statistics, and a Jabba the Hutt Battle Master figure. Expected mid-2006.

And joining the Attacktix family with a Starter Pack, Booster Sets, and a new Battle Case is the Transformers, with characters from Cybertron and from the movie.

I just found this at rebelscum

Hasbro 2006 Plans: Attacktix

The Attacktix line will see at least three more waves beyond the current series based on Revenge of the Sith.

We've already seen some of the figures from the second line making appearances at conventions like Celebration III and Comic-Con, and we've known the majority of Series 2 for awhile now, but what's next?

First of all, the Battle Case for Series 1 (which includes the exclusive Clone Trooper Sergeant) is due to arrive any day now. Good news for those who have been looking to complete their collection, and also have a nifty storage/stage for their figures.

Series 2 will follow the strategy of the first series, with a Starter Pack, Booster Sets, and Battle Masters. Featuring 30 characters from all 6 movies, this series is expected to debut this fall. The Starter Set figures will be repainted with new statistics.

Series 3 will include 30 characters from A New Hope, with a brand-new Starter Set, Booster Packs, and a new Battle Case. Should be out early 2006.

Series 4 will include 30 characters from Return of the Jedi, and the Starter Set figures will be repainted with new statistics, and a Jabba the Hutt Battle Master figure. Expected mid-2006.

And joining the Attacktix family with a Starter Pack, Booster Sets, and a new Battle Case is the Transformers, with characters from Cybertron and from the movie.

You might be on to something... mmmm @hmmm@