Sdcc - Hasbro Panel "transformers The Movie" Promo

OptimusPrime2005

I wish they didn't make us suffer through all that other stuff just to see the preview LOL ...

I agree with noc on this one... Even if this movie is good, it will still wind up being bad for us in the end...

How exactly can this movie be bad for us?

Ever since the animated G1 movie, fandom has been clamoring for another big-budget movie. We're almost guaranteed a new series of toys based exclusively from the movie. Despite what a person's opinion of Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg may be, just one of their names attached to any movie will put tons of people in seats. The more people that attend this movie, the better of a budget for another movie, much less the chance of sequel. The biggest pro for this movie-more Transfans will be made because of the movie......and I have no idea how that's a bad thing. To call or decry the movie this early, without nearly anything seen, is nothing more than ignorance, plain and simple.

Ever since the animated G1 movie, fandom has been clamoring for another big-budget movie. We're almost guaranteed a new series of toys based exclusively from the movie. Despite what a person's opinion of Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg may be, just one of their names attached to any movie will put tons of people in seats. The more people that attend this movie, the better of a budget for another movie, much less the chance of sequel. The biggest pro for this movie-more Transfans will be made because of the movie......and I have no idea how that's a bad thing. To call or decry the movie this early, without nearly anything seen, is nothing more than ignorance, plain and simple.

Well, it being live action could be a problem.

Personally, since they have to do everything with CGI, why not make the WHOLE movie CGI (like the Final Fantasy movie).

1 a billion new fan boys!

2 a billion new scalpers!

Both making it harder to get stuff...

3 people will hence forth come to relate to anything TF as " oh the movie , I saw that" :S

4 anything after words will probly be movie based, along with anything we " the fans" don't like about it ...

5 once all the newbe fandom dies down the line may end all togeather... because hasbro would see that as a BIG drop in sales in the tf lineup...

&

If the movie sucks

1 Transformers? Oh yea that movie sucked

2 it will most likely end the tf line all togeather... at least on hasbros end...

uhm...I have other reasons too I just can't think of them at the moment...