Cybertron=refreshing

SentinelPrime

Well, after declaring myself Alts and G1 from here out, I can't help but be impressed with alot of Cybertron. After Armada and Energon, I'd had enough of the bright colors, weird proportions, repaints, gimmick over design etc.

But Cybertron toys kind of have a seriousness about them that I haven't seen since RID. (the toys not the show!) After I killed that yellow on Prime, he really rawks. Give Vector Prime a nice wash and paint in his missing gold details, BAM! Instant classic. I really like that guy. GF Screamer? My favorite SS yet. Clocker? My new favorite basic.

Of course, $30 is too much for Scourge or Jetfire, and I don't care for a couple of the basics, and Hot Shot's colors are on drugs (why sky blue with yellow and red? yikes.) but overall, Cybertron is causing me to re-think the main line again.

Well, that and a much needed tweaking of the story. But I do like the basic concept, it's the best way I've seen to make the story a space-hopping, multi planet adventure so far. Of course, I pick up Cybertron directly after TFTM, but that's because to me, everything story-wise in between has been bunk.

Yeah, I think the same thing. I have some RID toys but I completely ignored Armada and Energon, except for Unicron and Arcee.

Cybertron TFs on the other hand are quite interesting, I think I will get some of them.

So far I've gotten some figures I really wanted from day 1 and a couple that I was kind on the fence about and I really REALLY like them all!

Optimus- What can I say that hasn't already been said. Nearly Perfect!

Hot Shot- The best Hot Shot ever. Whether you like the colors or not there's no denying that the mold kicks ass.

Landmine- The first real pleasant surprise to me. I thought he was so-so by the pics but he's one of my favorite figures so far next to Optimus.

Ransack- The best basic figure I've ever had. Another one that really surprised me.

Overhaul and Scattorshot- Both have their own flaws that make them not as good as the others, but they are pretty cool anyway.

Vector Prime- I wish I could have paid the extra for the GF version, (maybe at a later time I will) but I just couldn't wait any longer...I HAD to get him. A couple of minor things kinda bug me but overall he's a neat figure and I consider him a must have.

There is only one figure so far that fell lower than my expectations (that were low to begin with) and that was Thundercracker. Not only is the gun arm totally lame, but the way it plugs (or I should say doesn't plug) into the shoulder really sucks! Luckily, it was my nephew who bought him so I don't think I'll be wasting my money on him unless I can get him super cheap.

I know some people are already dead against getting much of anything in this line and all I can say is, if you don't give a few of these figures a good chance then you're cheating yourself out of some great figures.

I don't think so. I like the Cybertron toys, but I liked the energon and armada aswell. I really think in some ways this line is a step down.

There is nothing serious looking about Megatron, Crumplezone, Clocker or Overhaul

Nice to see you are giving stuff a try again, its allways good to try out a couple from a line IMO ... as for the show well... you may wana look into getting hte subs you may find those a bit more to you're tastes, don't ask where you can or this thread will just get deleted/locked sadly :P

But Cybertron toys kind of have a seriousness about them that I haven't seen since RID. (the toys not the show!) After I killed that yellow on Prime, he really rawks. Give Vector Prime a nice wash and paint in his missing gold details, BAM! Instant classic. I really like that guy. GF Screamer? My favorite SS yet. Clocker? My new favorite basic.

But you're still talking about recolouring stuff... Energon had some great molds too, but the colours were awful.

Anyway, I think I'll stay away from this line, to be quite honest. Maybe once I see the show I'll change my mind, if it even airs in Canada...

To me, it's the opposite of Armada and Energon, in that when I saw online pics the stuff looked great, but once I opened the stuff it was "meh", whereas with Cybertron, the pics look "meh", but once I got a couple of toys in hand, I was surprised, but then again, I only have the 2 Primes, Hot Shot and Clocker.

Im just coppin'da G1 redips in'da cybertron line. Holla.

Ummm......

what?

Oh, you are saying you like the G1 homages in Cybertron, and you want me to....yell?

Dang hip hop.