Man Oh Man Oh Man...

Devilbat

I've had a particularly unpleasant weekend since I've got a raging ear infection, so imagine the cheering-up I received upon returning from the doctor's office this afternoon to see a big box from Hasbro sitting on my front porch! I was hoping my order would arrive today since so many people relatively close to me geographically were getting theirs, and so it did.

Guys, I cannot describe the incredible sense of nostalgia that swept over me when I opened my case of figures. First of all, Hasbro did an outstanding job packing these things. They were very securely packed for those of you who are strictly MOC collectors; absolutely no worries there. And much to my satisfaction the card stock on the packaging themselves was of the same high grade as the originals; it's as if you are holding a vintage MOC RAH figure in your hands brand new again. (I was concerned that they were cheap or flimsy like Funskool cards since they looked like it in some review pics I've seen.) And I had seen many, many reviews of these figures, and they're still better in person. I mean, the packaging alone could capture my fascination and admiration for hours since it so resembles the originals. And it's just different enough to be enjoyed as originals in and of themselves. Now I will open some of these eventually; I've told several of you many times how I keep everything MOC/MISB because of space issues in my apartment and someday I hope to have a room in a house so I can open everything up and display it all loose. But...these things look so great, let's just say I'm glad I ordered doubles of everything because I hate the thought of opening them they look so great MOC. (BTW, I was pleased with the fact that the cards were mint and not curled or creased, but anyway...) I'm even enamoured with the new Spirit that I was not all that impressed with initially. I tell ya, these things are just fantastic in person, and I hope all of my collecting buddies get a chance to own them all they're so great. Simply put, they're beautiful. (lol) Hasbro really outdid themselves on this outing, and they have secured my support for a long time to come if they keep putting out excellent product like this.

And guys, I thought about doing pics and reviews, but seemingly so many people have done them already, so I didn't want to bore you guys with yet another review. I mean, I'd be glad to do it, but I figured you guys could just go to other sites that have already reviewed them. But if you guys want me to do my own little review, let me know and I will.

Oh yeah, one more thing: I had an extra Protectopac case lying around in my storage room at my in-laws', so I thought I'd try it out on these new carded figures to see if they fit; they did! They fit perfectly. I'm assuming they are the same dimensions as the old RAH cards. They're just so great looking, and no online pictures, no matter how great, can give you an idea of how cool they look in person. I'm so very thrilled with them and can't wait for Wave 2!!

Got mine today too....

Funny thing is I was a little underwhelmed by the "new" figures. Spirit, Scrap Iron, and Mutt all kinda fell short once I got them.

The Medi-Viper and CG however where great. Can't believe how much I like these given how unimpressed I was with the Molds they were made from.

And the jem was Barrage. I actually didn't even WANT this figure to begin with, but now that I actually have him. Wow. If all male Joes where as well sculpted and detailed as Barrage, then I'd have nothing but Love for this line.

My box came today too. I got the pack of 8 figures.

Wow what a set! Hasbro is doing some excellent work here. Here's my thoughts:

Scrap Iron: Awesome mold and accessories especially that big gun. I've always wondered why he had a cobra insignia on all his molds. Doesn't he work for Destro?

Medivipers: Good mold, especially the head. I would've picked some other guns but this ones okay.

CGs: Very good looking and the gun and backpack are cool too. I think I'm going to make these CG elites, one rank above the RAH ones.

Spirit: Everything is awesome about this pack.

Mutt: Good mold and accessories. I wish he had a mustache though. He looks cool by himself but when you put him up next to Major Barrage he looks like a shrimp.

Major Barrage: What a cool figure, very big and buff. Nothing bad about this figure either.

i got mine today and i am completely blown away with the packaging. the cg is my fave but major barrage and the medi-viper a close second.

one of my comic packs has a dinged up corner, should i try to send it back for a new one? or do you guys think that will be a MAJOR hassle and not worth it?

I'm thinking about keeping a set MOC, where did you get your cases from?

BTW, nice post. ;)

Thanks SS! I get my Protectopac cases from adkinsstore.com. They might cost a little more than those Star cases, but they're more sturdy and look better IMO.

Congrats DB! Makes me want to get home and rip into my box even faster now!!!!!!!

Draven

Thanks Draven! You will not be disappointed, my friend...

Still nothing here. 

Honestly, at this point I just want my money back.  Three weeks to ship something is bloody ridiculous.

You ordered at the 'con, right?

Yep.

I was told by the nice Hasbro rep that our orders would ship BEFORE July 1. @grumpy@

Still nothing here. 

Honestly, at this point I just want my money back.  Three weeks to ship something is bloody ridiculous.

You ordered at the 'con, right?

Yep.

I was told by the nice Hasbro rep that our orders would ship BEFORE July 1. @grumpy@

I would not hold the web store on that though. The rep had no business tealing you that imo as they have no input on the webstore. Just a guess. I know it sucks and I do feel for you though. Maybe call the webstore and ask???

Draven

Congrats DB! Makes me want to get home and rip into my box even faster now!!!!!!!

Draven

Thanks Draven! You will not be disappointed, my friend...

Yep no disappointment on my end. Better than I thought actually!!!!!

Draven

• 2 weeks later...
an MOC army builder? or just haven't gotten around to opening them?

Well, I'm just a MOC collector right now 'cause I don't really have anywhere to display my stuff loose. So I thought I'd jusy keep everything sealed until we get a house someday with a room I can unleash all this stuff in.

But y'know, it's still kinda fun to lay out my MOC army builders just to see them all still sealed in their original packaging.

Cool pic DB! Lots of CG's!

Draven

Thanks Draven! The CGs are my favorite army-builders right now. That'll change however whenever the Range Vipers come out... (lol)