Stormtroopers Are Clones!!!!!

KENNY GUIDO

Well I can see what your saying, but to me it only makes sense that the clones were trained by, well OTHER clones (duh) and so forth hence why they all sounds like Jango in the prequels and that leads me to believe that they couldn't pick up other accents. As for the Cody/personality thing, well again I see somewhat of a point but the thing is, these are not humans. They are clones, they are treated as slaves. I'm sure they get down time, but I imagine VERY little if any. Even then, who knows if they even are capable of having some human instincts and so forth. Truth is, you STILL don’t know if they are clones or clones and recruits. That’s all just speculation whereas my answer is simply the most probable and well (no offence), common sense.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok cool I thought so (I had to go back and look over all my posts to make sure I did not say something to warrant that kind of a response). Of course once the intended party sees this he will come back pretty hard.

Ahhh I don't care, thing is I'm right and he's wrong. He's just gotta admit it.

You should check out Pablo Hildago's members thread, he answers this questions, providing you have the membership. The clones did become Storm Troopers, it is likely that the cloning remained to some degree and also that many of the "young" clones (10years old) were serving the empire in ANH. But each to thier own.

Well I can see what your saying, but to me it only makes sense that the clones were trained by, well OTHER clones (duh) and so forth hence why they all sounds like Jango in the prequels and that leads me to believe that they couldn't pick up other accents. As for the Cody/personality thing, well again I see somewhat of a point but the thing is, these are not humans. They are clones, they are treated as slaves. I'm sure they get down time, but I imagine VERY little if any. Even then, who knows if they even are capable of having some human instincts and so forth. Truth is, you STILL don’t know if they are clones or clones and recruits. That’s all just speculation whereas my answer is simply the most probable and well (no offence), common sense.

Kamioan weren't clones and they did a bulk of the clone training.....and cvlone ARE human. They eat drink poop, pee, etc. They can also procreate if the oppurtunity arose. Clones are not slaves. Why do you think they started giving them names as opposed to CT 4516. It gave clones humanity and moved them away from the non personal numeral designation. Many Jedi looked at their clones as equals and comrades not "meat driods". This is why Palpatine went this way. It makes it easier to implement order 66 when the last thing a Jedi would expect is the person watching their back would turn on them. You kinda expect that from a droid...they're faulty, can malfunction. Humans are "infaliable" and you figure once you save each others life a few times you develop a kinship that goes deeper than 'master/slave". No downtime huh. Think about it like this...Jedi A and Battlion C are in hyperspace on their way to Planet X. That's downtime...it's time to relax, rest, and recuperate. Any effective fighting force works hard and plays hard. Clones would not be as effective if they drill drill drill. They are conditioned to be soldiers. As the Clone wars went on Jedi probably realized that they got scared, and frazzled like anyone else. Downtime give the troops time to bond and fellowship (how do you think they came up with nifty ideas like Legion colors and kits). Downtime also was the Jedi way of allowing troops tp experiance the galaxy they were fighting and dying for. The only difference between a clone and a human is one is a perfect replica of a host and the other is the product of male/female union. What makes a clone so different is that they were conditioned and trained from birth to be soldiers. Palpatine could have very well did that with humans but it would have taken to long, been noticed by many poed parents, and brought attnetion to his intentions. Cloning can be done in secret with knowledge only being with the host and the mastermind and the notion of ethics can be relaxed a little.

Well I can see what your saying, but to me it only makes sense that the clones were trained by, well OTHER clones (duh) and so forth hence why they all sounds like Jango in the prequels and that leads me to believe that they couldn't pick up other accents. As for the Cody/personality thing, well again I see somewhat of a point but the thing is, these are not humans. They are clones, they are treated as slaves. I'm sure they get down time, but I imagine VERY  little if any. Even then, who knows if they even are capable of having some human instincts and so forth. Truth is, you STILL don’t know if they are clones or clones and recruits. That’s all just speculation whereas my answer is simply the most probable and well (no offence), common sense.

Kamioan weren't clones and they did a bulk of the clone training.....and cvlone ARE human. They eat drink poop, pee, etc. They can also procreate if the oppurtunity arose. Clones are not slaves. Why do you think they started giving them names as opposed to CT 4516. It gave clones humanity and moved them away from the non personal numeral designation. Many Jedi looked at their clones as equals and comrades not "meat driods". This is why Palpatine went this way. It makes it easier to implement order 66 when the last thing a Jedi would expect is the person watching their back would turn on them. You kinda expect that from a droid...they're faulty, can malfunction. Humans are "infaliable" and you figure once you save each others life a few times you develop a kinship that goes deeper than 'master/slave". No downtime huh. Think about it like this...Jedi A and Battlion C are in hyperspace on their way to Planet X. That's downtime...it's time to relax, rest, and recuperate. Any effective fighting force works hard and plays hard. Clones would not be as effective if they drill drill drill. They are conditioned to be soldiers. As the Clone wars went on Jedi probably realized that they got scared, and frazzled like anyone else. Downtime give the troops time to bond and fellowship (how do you think they came up with nifty ideas like Legion colors and kits). Downtime also was the Jedi way of allowing troops tp experiance the galaxy they were fighting and dying for. The only difference between a clone and a human is one is a perfect replica of a host and the other is the product of male/female union. What makes a clone so different is that they were conditioned and trained from birth to be soldiers. Palpatine could have very well did that with humans but it would have taken to long, been noticed by many poed parents, and brought attnetion to his intentions. Cloning can be done in secret with knowledge only being with the host and the mastermind and the notion of ethics can be relaxed a little.

Um....dude....clones are not human, they are clones of a human. . . they are not natural. This is getting out of SW and into politics and such so I'm backing out. No offence man, but are YOU a clone? You see to be backing them up as if they were real....well in a few more years they may be.

Fact of the matter is, your wrong. Hate to say it, but you really don't know. That’s like preaching a religion, claiming yours is the only "right" one. You just DON'T know that! The only difference is that perhaps someday, we will know if Stormtroopers are clones or not, with religion that’s not the case until death. The facts are that, as of right now (in currently released DVD‘s), storm troopers are recruits. A clone has the same vocal cords as it’s host, yet they all have their own distinct voices (not to mention, why would Lucas change, for the DVD‘s, Fett‘s voice but not the storm troopers?…it‘s not like they have much more dialogue). A clone grows to the same height as it’s host, yet they all vary in height (and this would also make Luke and Han’s little disguise mission on the death star rather idiotic as they would be caught immediately as Luke is rather short). A clone cannot process much more then warfare, they are brainwashed soldiers that only serve rather then have a conscious personal life and yet, storm troopers are clearly heard “bullshitting� about an up and coming speeder or ship (as I stated, it’s the SW equivalent of two car guys chatting it up about a new, up and coming car). Then there is the simply matter of age, Jango looked to be between 30 and 40 to me. Clones have accelerated growth, by the time of ANH they would have, simply, been to old to fight as is. Now if you thinking, what of Kamino? Well if I recall correct, the Clone Wars comic showed that the Kamino cloning factories were destroyed which = No new clones! Those are the FACTS. Now Lucas very well might change, for the 3-D versions, Troopers to clones but AS OF NOW they are not and just face it (it‘s not even disputable, unless your either slow or bias). The TRUTH is that the dude whom posted this, had no facts. He claims that troopers ARE clones, but his “proof� shows nothing of the sort. Either he’s sickly bias or he just flat out cannot read (because he clearly didn‘t acknowledge all the facts I put in my last post but rather he simply ignored them because they proved him wrong).

I sure hope that you are not talking to me especally with the first 2 lines of your post.

I honestly do not care if they are or not clones. That is others that are arguing it.

I am guessing that you are talking to Kenny Guido.. ?

he best not be talking about me!!! @grumpy@

This is getting nasty... im outta here...

To me they are clones....

This topic is endless, unless someone calls Geore Lucas & asks him

what the deal is...

But i'm not that much of a geek to care if they are recruits or

clones...

That's just me..

Laters. @hmmm@

Well I can see what your saying, but to me it only makes sense that the clones were trained by, well OTHER clones (duh) and so forth hence why they all sounds like Jango in the prequels and that leads me to believe that they couldn't pick up other accents. As for the Cody/personality thing, well again I see somewhat of a point but the thing is, these are not humans. They are clones, they are treated as slaves. I'm sure they get down time, but I imagine VERY  little if any. Even then, who knows if they even are capable of having some human instincts and so forth. Truth is, you STILL don’t know if they are clones or clones and recruits. That’s all just speculation whereas my answer is simply the most probable and well (no offence), common sense.

Um....dude....clones are not human, they are clones of a human. . . they are not natural. This is getting out of SW and into politics and such so I'm backing out. No offence man, but are YOU a clone? You see to be backing them up as if they were real....well in a few more years they may be.

Of course my mistake!!!! How wrong of me to look as clones as human...it's much more acceptable to think of them as slaves :rolleyes:. I defer to your infinite wisdom (puts back on clone flash training helmet).

But.. If all wookies like cookies and all cookies are made by mookies and all mookies hate wookies, do all cookies made by mookies make wookies sick?

Fact of the matter is, your wrong. Hate to say it, but you really don't know. That’s like preaching a religion, claiming yours is the only "right" one. You just DON'T know that! The only difference is that perhaps someday, we will know if Stormtroopers are clones or not, with religion that’s not the case until death. The facts are that, as of right now (in currently released DVD‘s), storm troopers are recruits. A clone has the same vocal cords as it’s host, yet they all have their own distinct voices (not to mention, why would Lucas change, for the DVD‘s, Fett‘s voice but not the storm troopers?…it‘s not like they have much more dialogue). A clone grows to the same height as it’s host, yet they all vary in height (and this would also make Luke and Han’s little disguise mission on the death star rather idiotic as they would be caught immediately as Luke is rather short). A clone cannot process much more then warfare, they are brainwashed soldiers that only serve rather then have a conscious personal life and yet, storm troopers are clearly heard “bullshitting� about an up and coming speeder or ship (as I stated, it’s the SW equivalent of two car guys chatting it up about a new, up and coming car). Then there is the simply matter of age, Jango looked to be between 30 and 40 to me. Clones have accelerated growth, by the time of ANH they would have, simply, been to old to fight as is. Now if you thinking, what of Kamino? Well if I recall correct, the Clone Wars comic showed that the Kamino cloning factories were destroyed which = No new clones! Those are the FACTS. Now Lucas very well might change, for the 3-D versions, Troopers to clones but AS OF NOW they are not and just face it (it‘s not even disputable, unless your either slow or bias). The TRUTH is that the dude whom posted this, had no facts. He claims that troopers ARE clones, but his “proof� shows nothing of the sort. Either he’s sickly bias or he just flat out cannot read (because he clearly didn‘t acknowledge all the facts I put in my last post but rather he simply ignored them because they proved him wrong).

I sure hope that you are not talking to me especally with the first 2 lines of your post.

I honestly do not care if they are or not clones. That is others that are arguing it.

I am guessing that you are talking to Kenny Guido.. ?

he best not be talking about me!!! @grumpy@

This is getting nasty... im outta here...

To me they are clones....

This topic is endless, unless someone calls Geore Lucas & asks him

what the deal is...

But i'm not that much of a geek to care if they are recruits or

clones...

That's just me..

Laters. @hmmm@

I think I'm out too.

Not because of it gettiny nasty, but because this thread is making me want to smash my head through a plate glass window. I just can't believe some people refuse to believe what is clearly right in front of their faces. If a beam of light shown down from Heave and George Lucas himself rode down on a flaming chairot got out and said "Stormtrooper are Clones" some of these people would still be argueing that they recruits and not clones.

So forget it, you think whatever you want that doesn't threaten your life long preconcived notions. I don't care anymore.

a clone is a human. its been tampered with by man, thats all.

listen, I thought like many of you here when it came to the inevitiable theory that all trooper are clones until I missed a part in a SWI issue where they say that later on (E4), the empire also used "recruits". that cemented the theory later on, mixing in the "alternate hosts" to explain the different voices and sizes. I didnt like it but SWI said it.

now, 2 issues later, theyre not saying it "at all."

listen, I thought like many of you here when it came to the inevitiable theory that all trooper are clones until I missed a part in a SWI issue where they say that later on (E4), the empire also used "recruits". that cemented the theory later on, mixing in the "alternate hosts" to explain the different voices and sizes. I didnt like it but SWI said it.

Kenny this thread is getting way out of hand just like your Steve Sansweet thread a few monthes back. It's nice to post an artical that you read and share it with others , but again you are responding to everyones oppinion like you did in your Steve sansweet thread. (Remember how that one turned out?) Sounds like this one is getting ugly like that other one. Maybe you should just stick to posting what you read and not feel the need to constantly respond to everything some one says that you don't agree with. When you always find a need to reply it ends up getting others mad down the road. Think it over for next time.

UUhhhh the most recent SWI was about the Army of the Republic. They are a completly different beast than the Imperials. So to me naturally there would be no mention of recruits because well the GAR was Jango clones. Later in the OTC era (some 18 years later) there are numerous clone templates and recruits to fill out the Stormtrooper ranks. Clone Troopers and Storm Troopers are two differnt entities. The former becomes the latter but is NOT the latter. 18 years is alot of time for things to change (look at how much the GAR changed in just 3 years, so you gotta figure 18 years will bring about a great deal of change from weapons, armor, to shooting ability). The question in that issue of SWI was about STORMTROOPERS not CLONETROOPERS. There is a difference so no one changed their story or mislead you. There are now recruits in GAR there are in the Galactic Empire. It makes total sense to me that an article about GAR would not mention recruits...there are none!!!

Kenny this thread is getting way out of hand just like your Steve Sansweet thread a few monthes back. It's nice to post an artical that you read and share it with others , but again you are responding to everyones oppinion like you did in your Steve sansweet thread. (Remember how that one turned out?) Sounds like this one is getting ugly like that other one. Maybe you should just stick to posting what you read and not feel the need to constantly respond to everything some one says that you don't agree with. When you always find a need to reply it ends up getting others mad down the road. Think it over for next time.

it's not my fault someone bought religion into this. I dont believe in religions so if people want to talk about stories written by man, I guess religion would fit here. afterall, Lucas has said he had derived his star wars stories from many religions.

UUhhhh the most recent SWI was about the Army of the Republic. They are a completly different beast than the Imperials. So to me naturally there would be no mention of recruits because well the GAR was Jango clones. Later in the OTC era (some 18 years later) there are numerous clone templates and recruits to fill out the Stormtrooper ranks. Clone Troopers and Storm Troopers are two differnt entities. The former becomes the latter but is NOT the latter. 18 years is alot of time for things to change (look at how much the GAR changed in just 3 years, so you gotta figure 18 years will bring about a great deal of change from weapons, armor, to shooting ability). The question in that issue of SWI was about STORMTROOPERS not CLONETROOPERS. There is a difference so no one changed their story or mislead you. There are now recruits in GAR there are in the Galactic Empire. It makes total sense to me that an article about GAR would not mention recruits...there are none!!!

uhhhh....you must have been missing the page with the article that talks about the stormtroopers history:

"During the past year, Ive received quite a few letters regardng why it is that the stormtroopers in the first trilogy seem to vary in height, if in fact they are from the same gene pool. The fact of the matter is that the Empire needed to find other geneti donors as the years went on, which would also explain why some stormtrooperss see, different from one another in some cases. of course, this would also explain why the stormtroopers in the 1st trilogy were such horrible marksman. I highly doubt a clone sporting Jango genes would miss so badly, and so often." 

you see, theres no explanation about them being "recruits" as stated 2 issues earlier. why try explain the story without stating all the facts, if being the facts that were given we true to being with?

it's not my fault someone bought religion into this. I dont believe in religions so if people want to talk about stories written by man, I guess religion would fit here. afterall, Lucas has said he had derived his star wars stories from many religions.

Kenny again you are responding and again you are responding to the wrong person. I never said anything about religion in my post. I just mentiond that I think you need to tone it down a bit when you post a thead. You get way to involed and you try to conform everyone to your way of thinking. Just post what you read and let everyone form their own oppinions about it with out you challenging what they say. When you constantly challenge and respond it no longer becomes a friendly discussion it becomes an ugly debate and finally an argument.

Kenny again you are responding and again you are responding to the wrong person. I never said anything about religion in my post. I just mentiond that I think you need to tone it down a bit when you post a thead. You get way to involed and you try to conform everyone to your way of thinking. Just post what you read and let everyone form their own oppinions about it with out you challenging what they say. When you constantly challenge and respond it no longer becomes a friendly discussion it becomes an ugly debate and finally an argument.

I never said that you were the one i was questioning, merely responding to your accusations. :)

I never said that you were the one i was questioning, merely responding to your accusations. :)

Not an accusation Kenny, A Fact. If you respond to this like every other thing anyone has said you only prove my point. You want your oppinion to be the only one, and if you say no i will call you a lire because you keep responding to everyone's comments to sway their oppinion to your way of thinking just like you did with your Steve sansweet thread a few monthes back and everyone was getting on your case then too. I think you just like to argue a point kenny but whatever, I'm done, I'm so done it isn't even funny. You argue to the point you piss people off and you don't care. Do whatever you little hart desires Kenny.

uhhhh....you must have been missing the page with the article that talks about the stormtroopers history:

"During the past year, Ive received quite a few letters regardng why it is that the stormtroopers in the first trilogy seem to vary in height, if in fact they are from the same gene pool. The fact of the matter is that the Empire needed to find other geneti donors as the years went on, which would also explain why some stormtrooperss see, different from one another in some cases. of course, this would also explain why the stormtroopers in the 1st trilogy were such horrible marksman. I highly doubt a clone sporting Jango genes would miss so badly, and so often."  

you see, theres no explanation about them being "recruits" as stated 2 issues earlier. why try explain the story without stating all the facts, if being the facts that were given we true to being with?

Sigh. It has become obvious over these last four pages that you have your opinion and you seem to be on some jihad to get everyone to your way of thinking. I thought this was a discussion but it's just you trying to shoot down anyone who disagrees with your "points". If you were gonna do that then why start a thread to begin with? I went back and read the most recent issue of SWI. Unless I am misreading your statement there was nothing about stormtroopers in the GAR article. There was a question in ANOTHER issue of SWI that addressed why stormtroopers were of different height and speech patterns. The explanation given was that STORMTROOPERS are clones AND recruits. It's there...it was said and there was no mention of GAR. GAR is 100% clone. A article at clones (GAR) would not mention recruits because there aren't any!!! There is no ommission or mistake on SWI's part. The breakdown is your intereptation of that info. You're only confusing and frustrating yourself. It really is not hard. GAR- Clones, Stormtroopers- DIFFERENT clones and recruits.