Stormtroopers Are Clones!!!!!

KENNY GUIDO

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe there is a thread about stormtroopers being clones & not humans.... didn't Episode II show us how they made them? :o

lol.....yes. I was more than convinced of that until people came up with the assumption that they were recrutied humans as well.

but a couple of issues back, they said something about stormies being "recruits" and now in the current SWI, they are back peddling and leaving that theory out. Thats why im so confused now!

I still live to go with my original theory that all stormtroopers are in fact, clones and not humans (recruits).

perhaps in the tv series, we will get a definative answer.

there are also Imperial Folks that were "drafted" or joined, like Han Solo when he was young, so I would assume that there are plenty of Imperials that ARE NOT clones, but the bulk of Storm Troopers are clones.

The original question asked was "what happens to all the clones after episode 3 and when the war is over" and the answer was they didnt go anywhere, they are the storm troopers.

What does this do to Han Solos back story of when he was a stormtrooper?

What? This has nothing to do with Han. This was a debate about if Stormtroopers are clones or not.

I think it does.If Han was a stormtrooper does that dispell them all as clones

What? This has nothing to do with Han. This was a debate about if Stormtroopers are clones or not.

I think it does.If Han was a stormtrooper does that dispell them all as clones

No one brought up Han Solo until you did. and if you read my link I posted it gives info about Solo ;)

This does not specify if he was a trooper but since ranked officers are the ones in grey outfits I guess he was one of them..

He graduated with honors from the Imperial Naval Academy, and on the night of his graduation, his former employer, Garris Shrike, attacked him. After a brief scuffle, Shrike was killed and Solo escaped.

Han Solo worked hard at the Imperial Navy, rising to the rank of lieutenant before receiving a dishonorable discharge for interference in the use of Wookie slaves. (

???

Fact of the matter is, your wrong. Hate to say it, but you really don't know. That’s like preaching a religion, claiming yours is the only "right" one. You just DON'T know that! The only difference is that perhaps someday, we will know if Stormtroopers are clones or not, with religion that’s not the case until death. The facts are that, as of right now (in currently released DVD‘s), storm troopers are recruits. A clone has the same vocal cords as it’s host, yet they all have their own distinct voices (not to mention, why would Lucas change, for the DVD‘s, Fett‘s voice but not the storm troopers?…it‘s not like they have much more dialogue). A clone grows to the same height as it’s host, yet they all vary in height (and this would also make Luke and Han’s little disguise mission on the death star rather idiotic as they would be caught immediately as Luke is rather short). A clone cannot process much more then warfare, they are brainwashed soldiers that only serve rather then have a conscious personal life and yet, storm troopers are clearly heard “bullshitting� about an up and coming speeder or ship (as I stated, it’s the SW equivalent of two car guys chatting it up about a new, up and coming car). Then there is the simply matter of age, Jango looked to be between 30 and 40 to me. Clones have accelerated growth, by the time of ANH they would have, simply, been to old to fight as is. Now if you thinking, what of Kamino? Well if I recall correct, the Clone Wars comic showed that the Kamino cloning factories were destroyed which = No new clones! Those are the FACTS. Now Lucas very well might change, for the 3-D versions, Troopers to clones but AS OF NOW they are not and just face it (it‘s not even disputable, unless your either slow or bias). The TRUTH is that the dude whom posted this, had no facts. He claims that troopers ARE clones, but his “proof� shows nothing of the sort. Either he’s sickly bias or he just flat out cannot read (because he clearly didn‘t acknowledge all the facts I put in my last post but rather he simply ignored them because they proved him wrong).

Fact of the matter is, your wrong. Hate to say it, but you really don't know. That’s like preaching a religion, claiming yours is the only "right" one. You just DON'T know that! The only difference is that perhaps someday, we will know if Stormtroopers are clones or not, with religion that’s not the case until death. The facts are that, as of right now (in currently released DVD‘s), storm troopers are recruits. A clone has the same vocal cords as it’s host, yet they all have their own distinct voices (not to mention, why would Lucas change, for the DVD‘s, Fett‘s voice but not the storm troopers?…it‘s not like they have much more dialogue). A clone grows to the same height as it’s host, yet they all vary in height (and this would also make Luke and Han’s little disguise mission on the death star rather idiotic as they would be caught immediately as Luke is rather short). A clone cannot process much more then warfare, they are brainwashed soldiers that only serve rather then have a conscious personal life and yet, storm troopers are clearly heard “bullshitting� about an up and coming speeder or ship (as I stated, it’s the SW equivalent of two car guys chatting it up about a new, up and coming car). Then there is the simply matter of age, Jango looked to be between 30 and 40 to me. Clones have accelerated growth, by the time of ANH they would have, simply, been to old to fight as is. Now if you thinking, what of Kamino? Well if I recall correct, the Clone Wars comic showed that the Kamino cloning factories were destroyed which = No new clones! Those are the FACTS. Now Lucas very well might change, for the 3-D versions, Troopers to clones but AS OF NOW they are not and just face it (it‘s not even disputable, unless your either slow or bias). The TRUTH is that the dude whom posted this, had no facts. He claims that troopers ARE clones, but his “proof� shows nothing of the sort. Either he’s sickly bias or he just flat out cannot read (because he clearly didn‘t acknowledge all the facts I put in my last post but rather he simply ignored them because they proved him wrong).

I sure hope that you are not talking to me especally with the first 2 lines of your post.

I honestly do not care if they are or not clones. That is others that are arguing it.

I am guessing that you are talking to Kenny Guido.. ?

I sure hope that you are not talking to me especally with the first 2 lines of your post.

I honestly do not care if they are or not clones. That is others that are arguing it.

Yah, sorry about that. Meant to quote someone (forgetting the name) whom said troopers are clones. No not you :) .

Ok cool I thought so (I had to go back and look over all my posts to make sure I did not say something to warrant that kind of a response). Of course once the intended party sees this he will come back pretty hard.

Ok cool I thought so (I had to go back and look over all my posts to make sure I did not say something to warrant that kind of a response). Of course once the intended party sees this he will come back pretty hard.

Ahhh I don't care, thing is I'm right and he's wrong. He's just gotta admit it.

Ahhh I don't care, thing is I'm right and he's wrong. He's just gotta admit it.

LOL.

I'm about ready to give up on this. Just seems there are some people that'll stick their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA" if anything doesn't mesh with their 20 year old assumations and a crap load of EU. Stromtroopers ARE Clones.

or.. are they??? :o

no, because if you read what was written about them, the clones had other "hosts" so why would they go and recruit humans for stormtroopers when they have an endless supply of clones?

Money maybe? Clones would cost a lot of money. You have to feed them for ten years as the mature. You have to pay to have them created and housed and taught. You have to pay the host for the constant use of his DNA. Drafting ordinary people from within the empire would be a great way of cutting corners.

...that being said...

I am not going to commit to either side of this argument as I don't believe there to be enough evidence within the movies (and only the movies) to make a proper argument one way or the other. It is logical that the stormtroopers are clones (not of Jango of course)... but they never say for sure. I just don't see why we should fight over this. Every person takes something different form a movie based on their own perceptions. If someone took something different form the movies then you... why does that make them wrong?

Can't believe there is a thread about stormtroopers being clones & not humans.... didn't Episode II show us how they made them? :o

Thats why im so confused now!

That makes 2 of us....

he best not be talking about me!!! @grumpy@

no, because if you read what was written about them, the clones had other "hosts" so why would they go and recruit humans for stormtroopers when they have an endless supply of clones?

Money maybe? Clones would cost a lot of money. You have to feed them for ten years as the mature. You have to pay to have them created and housed and taught. You have to pay the host for the constant use of his DNA. Drafting ordinary people from within the empire would be a great way of cutting corners.

...that being said...

I am not going to commit to either side of this argument as I don't believe there to be enough evidence within the movies (and only the movies) to make a proper argument one way or the other. It is logical that the stormtroopers are clones (not of Jango of course)... but they never say for sure. I just don't see why we should fight over this. Every person takes something different form a movie based on their own perceptions. If someone took something different form the movies then you... why does that make them wrong?

were not fighting. its a simple discussion boardering on debate, I suppose.

were just trying to get to the bottom of the story the SWI is feeding us now.

Listen....per SW Insider stormtroopers are clones AND recruits. If some folks find this hard to believe check this. Jango clones probably make up a SMALL percentage of the active Imperial army (I could see them more as training instructors). As it was printed in the Visual dictionary thare were other clone host that were now beibg used as the Jango DNA was exhausted (with Jango dead no way to get fresh samples) on other planets other than Kamino. When the Empire was born there became less and less use for clones of Jango's caliber due to the fact that active fighting was over. Other clone templates were used as a) political favors, B) desire to keep "good genes", intellect, etc" in Imperial rotation even if the host was killed. The problam there is that I believe with the anti alien dogma the Empire preached they cut out the finest clone trainers (Kamino) in favor of humans who probably had no idea how best to mold clones into a crack fighting force (remember the Republic was not the only clone customer). The size difference can be broken down into different clones and/or human enlistees (which makes sense, what better way to keep young people under thumb than keep them busy enforcing your rule). Why were those guys talking?? Because soldiers talk $#!t from time to time. If you look at the relationship Cody and Obi wan had you can see that as time went by they became more "normal". Clones did have down time..they didn't just polish their rifles and drill everyday, any soldier no matter how gung ho needs R &R. They talk different because they are different clones or they are normal humans. Also clones tended to adopt the speech pattern of who they were trained by. Most Republic clones had contact with either Jango personally or clones who did hence the Concord Dawn accent. It could be argued that the further clones got away from the template the more they adopted speech patterns of who trained them (like a child adopting the speech pattern of their parents or someone with a down south drawl or Boston accent. Get them away from that after awhile and you can notice they'll lose that accent). Just because they're clones doen't mean they'll sound like. One could have been trained by a Corellian and have a Corellian speech pattern. Bottom line stormtroopers are clones AND conscripts. It's not hard or difficult...it's not one or the other...it's both. Please don't make this more difficult than it is :D

Listen....per SW Insider stormtroopers are clones AND recruits.

that was 2 issues ago. in this months issue, they dont say that.

I want to know why they are not stating it.