Equilibrium Cleric John Preston Custom

Superduperninja

I need someone to help me on this custom. Have a look:

The name of it is Cleric John Preston from the movie Equilibrium. I have it all planned out.

Figures needed:

-Toybiz ML6 MOVIE Punisher

-Toybiz X2 Cyclops

http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050703b.htm

Accessories:

2 Pistols, 1 Samurai Katana, ML6 Punisher's jacket (All sewn on ammo, knives and such would be removed)

Base Body:

The upper half of the body would be that of Cyclops, and the bottom half would be punisher's waist down.

The Coat:

The trickiest part would probably be the coat. A similar style to that of Jin Saotome's Neo custom would probably be the best bet. Perhaps measuring it and cutting the front flap off a little further than needed, then scoot the loose piece back and glue it on. This will give him the solid front-look to the jacket and shouldn't hinder mobility.

Jin Saotome Neo Custom

Anyone interested u can drop me a line at d2eux@yahoo.com

B0000AG8K6.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpgequilibrium_film_visuel.gif

equilibrium_2.jpg

Interesting!

This movie was pretty neat!

I remember that movie... man it was awesome... it'd be cool to see him made into a figure... who made that cool ML Matrix Neo figure with the trench coat? Maybe you can "borrow" some ideas from that for the coat :)

you could do wot Jin saotome did with his matrix neo

neo

i was thinking of doing the coat more along the lines of this one (looks better)

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/J...ys/NeoMulti.jpg

Ok, another update. I keep the upper half of X2 Cyclops

http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050703b.htm

Then I use the legs and jacket of ML6 Punisher (then add buttons to it and such)

The design similar to Jins shouldnt be impossible to copy

Those two figures you mentioned for the base are pretty hard to find nowadays, so I would be more inclined to use movie punisher. He comes with a coat that should work pretty well, just cut the collar off and find a way to join it at the top. Also, his arms are too buff to be posed well in that jacket, and since arm posing is really important to the character, I'd maybe dremel the arms down a bit. The handgun that comes with him is pretty close to correct, but you might need to make the barrel longer, plus he needs two of them. For the other one, you might be able to start with the rifle, and cut bits off, and then scuplt something back.

Then for the head, you'd have to change the face a little, although the face is actually fairly close. The cheeks are right, the nose is wrong. You'd have to sculpt a little bit of hair on.

It's a cool movie and the custom should be just challenging enough that it will be hard, but not too hard.

Shawn

• 3 weeks later...

The ML5 Mr Fantastic has a head that is practically Bale in resemblance. I noticed this a while ago, and had plans for it , but never got around to it.

• 1 month later...

Hmmmmmmm.... If you really felt like tailoring the suit to him, a ML Magneto or larger-character figure would work with the NECA head. You're only looking at an inch difference in height, and not so much in the arms or body. You can pad the shoulders/waist because it's going to be completely covered up by the coat. Chop his upper thighs in half, add spacers. I'd definatly get better hands than Magneto tho. The gloved hands from the Black Mask are pretty large.