Saw The Moray At Tru Today

blasterblastinatya

My brother and I saw it and I didn't pick it up cause I think it's pitiful, but I thought I would pass this news to you all, for those who've been clamoring for unassembled vehicles, your prayers have been answered. It says clearly on the box "assembly required, no tools necessary."

I'll get it.. I am really dissapointed in it, but at the same time excited to pick it up... why?? Because I am a whore for RAH stuff @lol@

However, by giving us that UGLY marble green top, I am only buying ONE, instead of the FIVE I was planning on getting when I heard it was coming out.

see, these bad decisions are the types of things that make GiJoe unsuccessful. Just by picking the correct colors they could DRASTICALLY improve their sales... (and putting im two figures we haven't seen would be nice too, or at least painting them different from last time)

I'll get it.. I am really dissapointed in it, but at the same time excited to pick it up... why?? Because I am a whore for RAH stuff @lol@

However, by giving us that UGLY marble green top, I am only buying ONE, instead of the FIVE I was planning on getting when I heard it was coming out.

see, these bad decisions are the types of things that make GiJoe unsuccessful. Just by picking the correct colors they could DRASTICALLY improve their sales... (and putting im two figures we haven't seen would be nice too, or at least painting them different from last time)

Funny... Not just Clam, but also NC... When this was first announced, and even when VH threw up the "mock up" of the top half, I don't remember hearing a complaint.

Of course, the figures aren't the best choice. What I don't get is all the people throw up the "I'll be <this many>!" when it's first announced, and then saying they'll only buy one for a reason like Clam gave. I PLANNED to buy five as well, but I cannot now after going INSANE at the convention and buying crap. Now I'll be lucky to get three or four.

In short: I want a better reason than "See how much sales you lost Hasbro by not doing it the way we said?"

And before the attacks start, I love Clam and NC (since they were named), but as you all know, I HATE YOU ALL (even Clam and NC!)

-Kevin

I LOVE the damn thing. This thing ranks up there in my top 5 all time vehicles period. I love the green marble camo look! I have wanted this boat in these colors since I was 7 or 8!

Yeah it sucks about the figs, but oh well.

And to those that think its over priced, I don't. The box is a lot bigger than the Rattler and Conquest which were both $30 I believe and the toy is slightly bigger and more pieces. SO that is why I say that.

:)

Oh and I got home today and got mine. So I am not just speaking from pics.

Draven

see, these bad decisions are the types of things that make GiJoe unsuccessful. Just by picking the correct colors they could DRASTICALLY improve their sales...  (and putting im two figures we haven't seen would be nice too, or at least painting them different from last time)

Funny... Not just Clam, but also NC... When this was first announced, and even when VH threw up the "mock up" of the top half, I don't remember hearing a complaint.

Of course, the figures aren't the best choice. What I don't get is all the people throw up the "I'll be <this many>!" when it's first announced, and then saying they'll only buy one for a reason like Clam gave. I PLANNED to buy five as well, but I cannot now after going INSANE at the convention and buying crap. Now I'll be lucky to get three or four.

In short: I want a better reason than "See how much sales you lost Hasbro by not doing it the way we said?"

And before the attacks start, I love Clam and NC (since they were named), but as you all know, I HATE YOU ALL (even Clam and NC!)

-Kevin

@lol@

man.. I don't know what to tell you Kevin.. that is the real reason why I am only getting ONE. It is the ONLY reason why.. If they made it in grey, blue, black, (almost anything else that makes sense) I would be gettin FIVE. The Hydrofoil is one of my favorites ever.. but I really, really hate the marble green plastic. If they made it in solid green I would probably nab 3.

Hell, I asked you for TWO blue con versions, and they are 75 bucks!

Of course I would get way more TRU versions if the colors were right. And I remember saying so when we first heard the marble-green rumor.

P.S.. I want to hate you also, but you hooked me up with my con goods ... (and you still have them, so I have to be nice) @lol@

I'm sick of the Hydrofoil.It seems like MC pathetically shoved that down our throats and tried to sucker a lot of fans into buying another this year (I'm sorry,but I feel you were suckered if you did blow the $75 for it...unless you never had it).

Would've been nice if we were supposed to get that rumored Condor.

see, these bad decisions are the types of things that make GiJoe unsuccessful. Just by picking the correct colors they could DRASTICALLY improve their sales...  (and putting im two figures we haven't seen would be nice too, or at least painting them different from last time)

-Kevin

heh heh. good point.

I guess a lot of people (myself included) have the ol 'eyes are bigger than their stomach' syndrome (or in this case, eyes are bigger than their wallets)

I have been saying I would buy this, and if it was at my TRU earlier this week (checked twice), then it would be mine.

But I just dropped 54.17 at hasbrotoyshop.com, so its going to be harder to suck up 40 plus dollars for a decent vehicle but 2 rerunned-ass Gijoes I dont need.

Good thing is that from the few reports Ive seen, there are plenty of these being shipped to the TRUs that get them, so I dont see them all selling out right away.

I'm sick of the Hydrofoil.It seems like MC pathetically shoved that down our throats and tried to sucker a lot of fans into buying another this year (I'm sorry,but I feel you were suckered if you did blow the $75 for it...unless you never had it).

to sucker is to cheat someone. how do you cheat someone into buying something they want to buy? if selling a hydrofoil is suckering someone, than so is Hasbro suckering everybody with their verson and everybody who buys any of these versions are suckers. whether you owned the vehicle already is irrelevent. now, if MC said that the only way to get any Moray was to buy theirs, that would be suckering people. but they didn't, and I think it is fair to assume that everyone who bought one was well aware that they could buy Morays elsewhere for cheaper and actually...gasp...made a conscious decision to buy this one and not another version, and were not suckered.

don't quite follow yur position, which seems to be bred more out of your attitude for the vehicle, which has caused an emotional reaction from you which you are in turn taking out on people who don't share your same opinion with insults. to say someone has been suckered is to call them a sucker. I'm sorry that some of us like the vehicle, and the fact that we have differing opinions about it offends you to the point that you need to offend us back.

personally, I hate this new Moray and will be happy to drop $75 plus shipping for the MC version if they offer it for sale on their site because I do like the vehicle. call me whatever you like, I won't be offended, but please just be rational in your position is all I ask.

Oh I agree. This was pretty much bs imo. It was just a way to dump excess TF Moray plain and simple.

I wonder if the Condor really was found damaged now. That and the fact the Mamba was supposed to be the replacement and well what happend there too? @hmmm@

Draven

Man, i know MC gotta make money, but I dont care who you are: selling something like that for a whopping 75 bucks when is a bit obtuse.

MC seems to go overboard on basically ALL their prices.

But your right--its up to the consumer to ultimately buy or not buy ...

Oh I agree. This was pretty much bs imo. It was just a way to dump excess TF Moray plain and simple.

lame? I'll agree. but they were hardly suckering anyone. everyone who bought it knew what they were getting.

MC seems to go overboard on basically ALL their prices.

But your right--its up to the consumer to ultimately buy or not buy ...

It sure is. And I "vote" by closing the wallet and not buying. There are a few reasons that I don't buy the con stuff from MC, and the CHA-CHING price tag is ONE of them.

I still haven't seen the new TRU Moray. I won't be able to make a final decision on it until I see the package. @lol@

Jase

=w=

Make sure you look at the back Jase! The front sucks really bad. lol

On a odd note, mine came today with no tape on the box to keep it sealed! That is odd!

Draven

Make sure you look at the back Jase! The front sucks really bad. lol

On a odd note, mine came today with no tape on the box to keep it sealed! That is odd!

Draven

PICS!!

Jase

=w=

to sucker is to cheat someone. how do you cheat someone into buying something they want to buy? if selling a hydrofoil is suckering someone, than so is Hasbro suckering everybody with their verson and everybody who buys any of these versions are suckers. whether you owned the vehicle already is irrelevent. now, if MC said that the only way to get any Moray was to buy theirs, that would be suckering people. but they didn't, and I think it is fair to assume that everyone who bought one was well aware that they could buy Morays elsewhere for cheaper and actually...gasp...made a conscious decision to buy this one and not another version, and were not suckered.

don't quite follow yur position, which seems to be bred more out of your attitude for the vehicle, which has caused an emotional reaction from you which you are in turn taking out on people who don't share your same opinion with insults. to say someone has been suckered is to call them a sucker. I'm sorry that some of us like the vehicle, and the fact that we have differing opinions about it offends you to the point that you need to offend us back.

personally, I hate this new Moray and will be happy to drop $75 plus shipping for the MC version if they offer it for sale on their site because I do like the vehicle. call me whatever you like, I won't be offended, but please just be rational in your position is all I ask.

good lord @rolleye@

does every post from you require this attitude?? @lol@

I am 50/50 on getting the TRU one for the fact I now have a cobra one, I never got the true moray when I was young so I give MC props for getting us a blue one that looks NICE. Also keep in mind sure we got a con 2004 tiger moray but it came with a blue top and blue accessories. This in turn costed the people that got suckered into buying it an additional 10 bucks. I know exactly what I was buying and I might have complained about it right when I heard the price, but now that I have it home (and in one piece) I am happy that I got it. Now on the other hand if MC decides to produce more of these tops, I sure hope they do not since they said they only had 250 tops.