What Do You Do With Your "sand" Vipers?

Crimson Twins

I had to come up with something for all those colors of Sand Vipers. So, I put them as part of the Neo Viper Ranks and came up with my own acronym for SAND.

S-pecial

A-dvance Tactics

N-eo Viper

D-ivision

Just wondering how everyone else explains Black and Blue desert troops.

My black Sand Vipers are the night shift around Cobra desert installations. The black uniform serves two purposes: stealth for night operations and it absorbs much needed heat for the cold desert nights. Their suits are geared more towards providing them with heat as opposed to the day shift Sand Vipers whose suits keep them cool.

As for the blue ones...I always thought they looked stupid, so I never bought any. @smilepunch@

I use my black/gold as the night versions as well. Funny thing about that version though, thats what the sand viper should ahve looked like in the 1st place. Look at all the orginal package art, all of them are black and gold. Anyway I use the brown/light brown versions and their reversed colors as the standard day time troops. The red and black one is the leader of them all. The ones with the gliders I use as raptor vipers.

I have the wave 3 single pack version. The black and gold colors match the APC so I transport them to desert missions using the APC.

My Cobra desert division is like this:

Nuerotoxin: Desert Commander

Sand Scorpions: Elite Desert Troops (Any color)

Sand Vipers: Desert Troops (Both brown colors)

Sand Viper (Black/red): Sand Viper Squad Leader

Sand Viper (Gold): (I'm not sure yet)

Sand Viper (Blue): Desert Surveillance, they pretty much fly around at night The blue helps them blend into the night. When it is not quit dark, they blend in with the dark blue sky.

Desert Scorpions: Punished Cobra Troops

Guest A-MAN

I put the black ones in the sand box and the cat covered them up.

The black & gold ones are yet another elite unit created to protect Cobra Commander, who has devoted 70% of Cobra personnel and resources towards his own personal safety. :wacko:

Well I use the Brown and Gray ones as my elite desert Vipers (Sand Scorpians man the HISS IV, cause I use it as desert HISS)

The Blue and Gold one, I use a Sand Viper Officer... and the Blue one, well It's the only one that matches the Glider (I got this thing about matching colors) So i havn't decided what to do with him yet.

My V1's (Brown/Tan/Gray) and V2's (Tan/Brown/Gray) Are Sand Vipers

V3's (Black and Crimson) and V4's (Black and Gold) are Strike Vipers, used mainly as Assasins and inquisators (Cobra is a very fractious organisation these days in my Joe Verse, these guy's main job is to make excamples of Cobra cells that try to Defect from Cobra to any of the splinter groups, they are the most loyal, most vicious fighting soldiers CC has, their handiwork is not pretty)

V5 (blue) are Raptor Vipers, long range skirmishers, for the most part they fight from the ground, using their Gliders to cover long distances or impassable terrain during inital infiltation

If it was released in VvV it belongs to Venemous Max.

If it was released in Spy Troops it belongs to Serpentor.

If it was released in RAH, or RAHC it belongs to CC.

If it was supposed to be IG it belongs to Destro. (And since I only have one new sculpt IG open, he's my IG-field commander.)

-Kevin

the only sand vipers I have are 15 of the single card figs. And they are Just that, desert troopers. Lead by 2 Desert Cobra Claws.

Phanstar