I've Got Another New Toy!!!

JDP

Dudes check out my new acquisition!!! My sculptor friend based this design loosely on the WWBB drawing for his company's new product line targeting Hong Kong and Japan and I just can't resist asking him to make me an exclusive yellow/black color scheme since he ain't using this color scheme nor is he gonna try sell to the USA. I'm thinking of selling it if the response it good enough. If not, I'll still be helping him sell a couple on ebay and the other colors on my site.

sorta reminds me of those things from that movie... the lil round alien alive flying saucers, they hook up with the old people & help them build up there resturant & such .... & then have alien babies ect

sorta reminds me of those things from that movie... the lil round alien alive flying saucers, they hook up with the old people & help them build up there resturant & such .... & then have alien babies ect

what movie are you referring to? @smilepunch@

Dudes check out my new acquisition!!! My sculptor friend based this design loosely on the WWBB drawing for his company's new product line targeting Hong Kong and Japan and I just can't resist asking him to make me an exclusive yellow/black color scheme since he ain't using this color scheme nor is he gonna try sell to the USA. I'm thinking of selling it if the response it good enough. If not, I'll still be helping him sell a couple on ebay and the other colors on my site.

What kind of price tag is on that?

what movie are you referring to? @smilepunch@

He is talking about "Batteries Not Included".

Dude that is awesome!! I would be interested in getting one if you sold them. Whats the aprox price of it?

I don't know if he's going to base everything on TWW designs but he got inspiration from Don F's drawing and inspiration. He roughly told me that they line would be targeting the Japanese market so they'll all be very anime like with features similar to popular existing designs like GGG, Gundam etc. This one doesn't look like a TF at all but I just can't resist doing it in yellow and black since the transformation is already so similar to TWWBB.

As for selling them I'm not too sure as response so far that this is too anime and un-TF for the US market. And also price-wise, its a little hefty. He's targeting them at about 15000yen as kits and the price for completed version is unknown. Anyway I've listed one on ebay to test the response. I'd still love to get the yellow and black scheme but I will need to order a minimum number of 200 for my own colors and over 1000 sets for a significant price difference. Assembly's also one of the major problem as I took 3 days just to put this thing together without painting. So I'm guessing I'll probably end up painting them myself and selling them on ebay.

Forgot to mention that this sucker stands at 7" tall in bot mode and 7" wide in alt mode.

Oohhhhh imagine if we could get a War Within Prime or Grimlock......your freind is on to something here. I don't think I'm the only one who would be willing a pay for a couple of these things....

banned Prime's making and selling a really neat TWW Grimmy as tall as your average Alternator. But I bet it'll be in the range of hundreds though.

Yea Sucks that we don't get any decent WWW stuff :| There making a statute but you can bet it will suck, Plus be filled felt battle damage all over :S

I saw the pics of Palisades TWW Prime and its really nice though I thought the bending of knees is a little weird. I bet my friend can do a better job transformable and fully articulated but then it'll cost alot more than the statue cost its statues does not require extra designing and engineering and those are made in China using cheap labor and materials in substantial quantities.

lol from the rest of the work I've seen I'm sure he could...

& remember, the palisades statuest/tf anyways, allways look pretty in the computer generated pics, but when it comes to the real thing stay awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

He's targeting them at about 15000yen as kits and the price for completed version is unknown.

woah....thats $137.00 US...for an unpainted kit. I love his work and I know he put in a lot of hard work and effort into it and all.......if he could get the kits down to about $75 I think they would sell very well on the boards.

He's targeting them at about 15000yen as kits and the price for completed version is unknown.

woah....thats $137.00 US...for an unpainted kit. I love his work and I know he put in a lot of hard work and effort into it and all.......if he could get the kits down to about $75 I think they would sell very well on the boards.

Btw kits come colored with 3 tones I think for the armor and internals. They come in different schemes though and I think he's trying to get more realistic shemes like grey/brown for desert colors, green for jungle warfare etc.

Sigh If I can get over 1000 for my order I can sell them even cheaper than $75 (not including shipping though) but where the heck do I get so much $$$ and what the heck will I do with the extras? Its already considered affordable or even cheap in Japanese standards (see the reason he's not selling them there in the States? ^_^ )

Btw kits come colored with 3 tones I think for the armor and internals. They come in different schemes though and I think he's trying to get more realistic shemes like grey/brown for desert colors, green for jungle warfare etc.

Sigh If I can get over 1000 for my order I can sell them even cheaper than $75 (not including shipping though) but where the heck do I get so much $$$ and what the heck will I do with the extras? Its already considered affordable or even cheap in Japanese standards (see the reason he's not selling them there in the States? ^_^ )

Wow, $137 is considered affordable in Japan? Those guys are rich over there. But I guess I shouldn't be too surprised as some of the gundam perfect grade kits are around the $100 range or even more. And these are high production products. So $137 for a low production product is reasonable.

yeah, I see what your saying. Even if you hit all the major TF boards you would probably only get about 50 takers :( . I think most North American collectors generally have about a $50 max desired spending limit per figure. Couldnt he sell us the leftovers from his sales in Japan :huh:

I'm thinnking of a way to sell them affordably to the folks here in the States but that'll clash with the "originals" that I'll be selling for him thru the site. Ya know, if you can import a Japanese PS2 for $75 would you buy a US set if its $150? I'm thinking along the lines of OEM kits that come directly out of the molds with no packaging or extra work like trimming of excess resin etc if you know what I mean. Shipping also costs extra unless someone's willing to make a bulk order and have them shipped over in one parcel and reship them individually.

i don't know, if there was a whole line of these and more than just this bumble bee, i would get a few...like grimlock or prime, that would be cool!! and why do they(hasbro) not see that most of us want war within toys, they look great in the books, and i would get them all...dumb dumbs!!