From What I've Seen From The Con

Crimson Twins

I am glad that I am pleased with 90-95% of what was shown.

As you mention the vehicles, though, it got me thinking:

Its going to be hard to know EXACTLY how big these vehicles are and dimensions they have and what not. I hope hasbro can put some really good comparison shots up, maybe have some pics of the toys next to other familiar toys, or by a ruler/dollar bill, so we get the true feel for its size.

Its sure going to be wierd and different not being able to hold these toys and check them over good before purchasing <_<

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be hard to know EXACTLY how big these vehicles are and dimensions they have and what not. I hope hasbro can put some really good comparison shots up, maybe have some pics of the toys next to other familiar toys, or by a ruler/dollar bill, so we get the true feel for its size.

Its sure going to be wierd and different not being able to hold these toys and check them over good before purchasing <_<

well, i doubt you'll get any comparison shots or even dimensions on the hasbro site, but i'm sure once people start gettin' 'em, a number of people will be posting pics and comparison shots. so you can just wait 'til then.

or you can ask the people that went to the con. i went to see nov and och today and check out their convention hauls, and they gave me a good idea of the size of the rhino and rocc. pretty big vehicles. i'm lookin' forward.

If you have Nightcreeper you could just use a ratio to figure it out.

Well you guys have a right to think or buy what you want, but honestly I don't think it matters what Hasbro does, some of you are always going to find something to complain about and find reasons not to be happy.

That Hiss is the coolest Hiss tank they have ever made, but instead of being happy, it's more fun to nitpick it to death. Yeah its got a Nightcreeper, who cares, the creeper itself is decent and im sure you can find a neo-viper or someone else to drive it.

Major Bludd is great and so are most of the single packs, but because they re-used exisiting parts there no good, or a character shaved its no good.

I have certainly advocated people should feel free to speak your mind here, but honestly I think some of you just aren't happy unless you can #$## or complain about something, and it gets to the point where people quit caring cause they know it doesnt matter what they do you aren't gonna be happy with it.

Now that being said I think Hasbro should change the name of the Crimson Shadow Guard to Black Shadow Guard. Crimson just doesnt apply here, but I think the sculpts looks good in black.

@pow@ woohoo beatifully said

Well, I never intended this to be a complaining or bashing post. I simply stated that I was not greatly impressed, and stated my reasons why. I really haven't complained about much Hasbro has put out, with the exception recently of the last two awful 6 packs (which many members agreed with me on). I think it's great that Hasbro is doing what they can to keep the 3 3/4 line alive. And I know they have 'budget restraints' right now. Which to me, sounds silly. If a company like Hasbro really wanted to support this line for the online collectors, I'm sure a million dollar company can afford to shell out a few extra thousand to make some new molds. But that's just me. I'm sure they have a 'G.I. Joe Fund' that they use just for the line. Anyway, I hope they come back, and make some awesome toys. I will continue to support the line and buy the figures I like, and not buy the ones that I don't like.

As for the vehicles, I never bashed them. I said I didn't think I would be willing to part with the money they were asking for them. I actually said they were the strong point from what I saw. They all looked good. I simply stated that the ROCC would be an expensive buy for someone that already has the MCC which serves basically the same purpose.

And for the comic packs, I made it clear that I never liked them, and my opinion hadn't changed on them.

These were only my opinions, and I was never tearing down Hasbro, or nitpicking. I was simply backing my claim that I wasn't that impressed. I'm not one of those people that drools all over myself no matter what Hasbro puts out. If keeping the line alive meant they went back to T-crotches, I would not be happy the line was carrying on. I have my own opinions on quality, and SOME of the stuff they put out just falls short in my OPINION.

Last year, I loved just about everything they put out at the con. This year, not so much. And as I stated above, my opinon could change based on personal experience, and actually seeing others with these toys up close and personal. But for now, I stand by my opinion. Those that disagree with me are free to comment, and state their cases just like many people did. I respect that. And it helps me get another perspective on some of the items in question. People are free to go on and on about how much they like a product with no negative feedback, but if one person has something negative to say, they get told that they shouldn't be nitpicking.

This isn't directed towards everyone, but if the shoe fits...

Well, I never intended this to be a complaining or bashing post. I simply stated that I was not greatly impressed, and stated my reasons why. I really haven't complained about much Hasbro has put out, with the exception recently of the last two awful 6 packs (which many members agreed with me on). I think it's great that Hasbro is doing what they can to keep the 3 3/4 line alive. And I know they have 'budget restraints' right now. Which to me, sounds silly. If a company like Hasbro really wanted to support this line for the online collectors, I'm sure a million dollar company can afford to shell out a few extra thousand to make some new molds. But that's just me. I'm sure they have a 'G.I. Joe Fund' that they use just for the line. Anyway, I hope they come back, and make some awesome toys. I will continue to support the line and buy the figures I like, and not buy the ones that I don't like.

As for the vehicles, I never bashed them. I said I didn't think I would be willing to part with the money they were asking for them. I actually said they were the strong point from what I saw. They all looked good. I simply stated that the ROCC would be an expensive buy for someone that already has the MCC which serves basically the same purpose.

And for the comic packs, I made it clear that I never liked them, and my opinion hadn't changed on them.

These were only my opinions, and I was never tearing down Hasbro, or nitpicking. I was simply backing my claim that I wasn't that impressed. I'm not one of those people that drools all over myself no matter what Hasbro puts out. If keeping the line alive meant they went back to T-crotches, I would not be happy the line was carrying on. I have my own opinions on quality, and SOME of the stuff they put out just falls short in my OPINION.

Last year, I loved just about everything they put out at the con. This year, not so much. And as I stated above, my opinon could change based on personal experience, and actually seeing others with these toys up close and personal. But for now, I stand by my opinion. Those that disagree with me are free to comment, and state their cases just like many people did. I respect that. And it helps me get another perspective on some of the items in question. People are free to go on and on about how much they like a product with no negative feedback, but if one person has something negative to say, they get told that they shouldn't be nitpicking.

This isn't directed towards everyone, but if the shoe fits...

Well, if they did make all new molds and never go back to use the older ones, that is suicide in their part. Molds COST a lot of money to produce, which a tiny gun or head can cost around several thousands to make the mold of.

That is why Hasbro constantly uses the repaints in the past to make its moneys worth off of the molds. If say, they went and kept making new molds w/o using existing parts, they would probably charge more per figure and such, which I doubt anyone is willing to pay for.

Well you guys have a right to think or buy what you want, but honestly I don't think it matters what Hasbro does, some of you are always going to find something to complain about and find reasons not to be happy.

That Hiss is the coolest Hiss tank they have ever made, but instead of being happy, it's more fun to nitpick it to death. Yeah its got a Nightcreeper, who cares, the creeper itself is decent and im sure you can find a neo-viper or someone else to drive it.

Major Bludd is great and so are most of the single packs, but because they re-used exisiting parts there no good, or a character shaved its no good.

I have certainly advocated people should feel free to speak your mind here, but honestly I think some of you just aren't happy unless you can #$## or complain about something, and it gets to the point where people quit caring cause they know it doesnt matter what they do you aren't gonna be happy with it.

Now that being said I think Hasbro should change the name of the Crimson Shadow Guard to Black Shadow Guard. Crimson just doesnt apply here, but I think the sculpts looks good in black.

Right on there JayC,people will never be happy...........................some members always have to complain,at least there is new joes coming and thats great news to me.

Looking forward to an awesome year of buying new joe stuff and damn its alot....................

Here here Bekk...Im really happy about the new line...and Im pretty much going to buy everything I can...

Im also happy that Hasbro has at least taken one step in the direction we want, not to mention that they could have just killed the line entirely (no Im not saying that we should take whatever they gives us with a smile) but its nice to see the effort...Even Sigma Six is not looking as bad as I thought...

My only complaints about the line...is the selection of certain items...The H.A.S set, 4.0 BAT (god I hate them) in the BAT set, camo on the Urban set, The word "Crimson" and them being ninjas on Crimson set...but the selection of vehicle drivers, NF Flint/Beach Head on the Hydro and so on...Will I buy all the vehicles probably not...But Im glad there is a nice selection to choose from...

Well, if they did make all new molds and never go back to use the older ones,  that is suicide in their part.  Molds COST a lot of money to produce, which a tiny gun or head can cost around several thousands to make the mold of. 

That is why Hasbro constantly uses the repaints in the past to make its moneys worth off of the molds.  If say, they went and kept making new molds w/o using existing parts,  they would probably charge more per figure and such, which I doubt anyone is willing to pay for.

And that will start another round of complaints....

Let me start with the single packs:

To Hasbro's credit, they did bring in a lot of names people wanted, myself included. On the other hand, a lot of these guys were just put together from already existing parts. They didn't use the new heads or or the new arms on a lot of these figs. It just takes away from them to me. I'll buy a few. Mostly the Army builders and some of the guys I don't have yet. Like the Major blood.

Onto the Comic Packs:

Now, I'm ready to hear it from all those fans of these things, but I absolutely HATE the comic packs. The only one I like was the one with Serpy and Firefly, and I have yet to see one to get me excited about these. I did like the DD one though. If only for Hannibal's accessories. I might buy these simply for the comics, and throw the figs into the trade/custom bin.

I actually thought that the comic packs #1, the one with Serpy and Firefly, and the one with the COBRA officer were all great. COBRA Commander had a new hooded head sculpt which I felt was awesome and a cheap alternative to the original hooded CC. Baroness was ok...I suppose this would be a different character.

And now the Vehicles:

This did hit me as a strong point from what I've seen. The new HISS is awesome IMO. They seemed to have been listening to us by giving us the ability to carry some troops in it. And it has a nice retro look to it. This is how I would have imagined the HISS IV should have looked. The Rhino was another nice piece. I liked it, but now so much the suggested retail. Sure it's big, but I think of the BAT APC when I see it, and I would be willing to pay $20, and not much more for it. I feel like Hasbro is trying to get over on us by sneaking this Sigma 6 stuff to us in the form of 3 3/4" vehicles. I feel like they're up to a much bigger agenda. And if that awful Cobra Commander ever rears it's ugly head, they can count me out of whatever scheme they got going on. And then there's the ROCC. Eh. That's about all I can come up to say about it. Oh, and that it's BIG. Too big for my liking. And it's purpose seems kinda redundant if you already have the MCC. Last year I was really impressed, and knew I had to get everything that was coming out. This year, won't be the same for me.

I like the vehicles...especially since they can serve as transportable playsets. I just hope they don't get too expensive.

And then the 6 packs:

Go ahead and shoot me now, but I don't like the new BATs. I never liked the new Overkill, and the BATs just don't impress me much. I like the older ones. V1-V4 are fine to me. All you other army builders can have my share of BAT packs.

Now onto the Crimson Shadow Guard. The most frustrating set yet for me. OK, let me get this straight. These guys are a subset of the Crimson Guard? OK, I'll buy that. But what I won't buy is that these guys are the Firefly equivalent of the CG world. So, you mean to tell me that they run around in THOSE SAME uniforms to do all of their sabotage? Those uniform are not exactly the sneaking type. Especially with the nice gold logos on the front. I bet that gold really blends nicely into the night sky. I'll buy them, but they'll serve another purpose to me.

The Heavy Assault Squad. Yeah! Another Snake Eyes. Just what I was waiting for. I'm not even going to say anything else about the set. It'll be another peg warmer to go with those awful Winter and Imperial sets.

I definitely dislike the Heavy Assault Squad...but at least the Winter Ops Snake Eyes was decent. The BAT 6-pack looks neat...possibly interests me. As for the Crimson Shadow Guard...if I use them, they wouldn't be CGs. They definitely would be some sort of group of special bad guys.

So, that's my opinion. Kinda glad I didn't go. Well, not really. I would have liked the experience. But this stuff doesn't have me as excited as the rest of the people around here.

Bottom line is, I think the figures look great with just a few misses and not too many good single pack figures.

All I have to say is I haven't bought a Joe-related figure since the whole SpyTroops thing. But after going to the Con and seeing all the cool stuff coming out for the online market, I'll be making my first Joe purchases in the coming weeks. This goes to the S6 stuff too.

The S6 pictures don't do them justice. You have to see them in person. Long Range, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows are a must for me.

Iv'e already done this with a pack I got from TRU. I call them the Onyx Gurad. NSA equals in the Cobra World.

That Hiss is pretty good looking.. but I definitely prefer the Hiss 2 over it..

the thing that ruins it for me are the missle launchers... they just don't look right

Same here. That's the reason I love the reissued Snow Cat to the original.

Personally, I don't mind that they reused/frankensteined molds. I didn't even notice Major Bludd was a frankenstein (granted I wasn't paying that much attention) and the mold works better for Footloose than it did for Shipwreck.

I just think they should have used NEW molds for NEW characters (ie. ones that haven't gotten the JvC treatment). Barrel Roll, for example, is a new mold, I believe, and should have been someone else.

As for the nitpicking, as was pointed out before, it is just part of the discussion. Besides, if everyone agreed/loved everything put out, what fun would there be in coming to the boards to talk about G.I. Joe? What would there be to discuss?