From What I've Seen From The Con

Crimson Twins

To me the shown product was overall made me very happy. But there were a few things that bothered me.

Shadow Crimson Guards?!?!? WTF?!?!?

Yeah I know.... i understand why Hasbro wants to get re-use of the mold, but really, this just doesn't work

Heavy Assault Squad w/ Duke, Snake Eyes, and greenshirts?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

It was apprently an unfinished product that wasn't meant to be displayed...(which beg the question why was it taken to the Con at all?) but still I doubt it'll improve all that much

Hannibal?!!?!? WTF?!?!?!

He's part of a line up "we" voted for (though I went for Mayday, Mariner and Raptor Viper myself), mind you the best part of this pack is cover girl

Barrel Roll sp ?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!

Actaually I've long had a new Barrel Roll figure as a want.... something about the character really caught my imagination, and this verison looks more like a traditional sniper than the origional

neon BAT 6 pack?!?!?!?! WT.....well actually this one was kind of neat.

I quite like it: the Green accents give an other-worldly insectiod look that makes the V5's look more imposing,(unlike the Green/orange mix of the V2 which just screamed "epilepsy inducement bot") its not like BAT's are weapons of subtlety anyway.... As the first New sculpt 6 pack it seems to me to be a good omen of whjat we could see in the future.

Personally I was strongly impressed by the new sculpt's and massively underwhelmend by the re-issue's, which continues the unbroken trend for me since VVV wave 4.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you feel that way CT! I respect your opinion though.

To me I personally only was disappointed in the RAH 6 packs and the Footloose single. Other than that I am in love. lol

Draven

Of course, by the time I start seeing these things online, I'll probably fall in love myself, and I'll be ranting on these boards about how great this stuff is. Some of it though, I just don't see myself shelling out the cash for it.

I am going to agree with the disappointment POV...

Basically, the best thing Hasbro showed us was the new packaging. it is the ONLY thing they are getting right. it is the ONLY thing I see a lot of effort in.

Everything else just looks half-assed. If a figure is good, then the paint or accessories are bad. If they choose nice molds to use, they put them into stupid teams.. if they come up with a cool team concept, they use the wrong characters.. if they pick a good character, they use the wrong mold.. etc...

and I think all the vehicles sucked. I remember a time when everybody would have agreed.. I think you are all seeing this stuff through rose-colored glasses.. We all thought GiJoe was going to be canceled, and now you are happy to have anything, even if its sub-par.

I'll buy the RAH stuff like always.. and maybe even the new single-packs just for the packaging.. but all the RAH figures got the shaft on paint and accessories big time. I don't need crappy GvC weapons when there are thousands of great RAH weapons around.

Basically, the best thing Hasbro showed us was the new packaging. it is the ONLY thing they are getting right. it is the ONLY thing I see a lot of effort in.

Everything else just looks half-assed.

@loll@

Well you guys have a right to think or buy what you want, but honestly I don't think it matters what Hasbro does, some of you are always going to find something to complain about and find reasons not to be happy.

That Hiss is the coolest Hiss tank they have ever made, but instead of being happy, it's more fun to nitpick it to death. Yeah its got a Nightcreeper, who cares, the creeper itself is decent and im sure you can find a neo-viper or someone else to drive it.

Major Bludd is great and so are most of the single packs, but because they re-used exisiting parts there no good, or a character shaved its no good.

I have certainly advocated people should feel free to speak your mind here, but honestly I think some of you just aren't happy unless you can #$## or complain about something, and it gets to the point where people quit caring cause they know it doesnt matter what they do you aren't gonna be happy with it.

Now that being said I think Hasbro should change the name of the Crimson Shadow Guard to Black Shadow Guard. Crimson just doesnt apply here, but I think the sculpts looks good in black.

Well you guys have a right to think or buy what you want, but honestly I don't think it matters what Hasbro does, some of you are always going to find something to complain about and find reasons not to be happy.

That Hiss is the coolest Hiss tank they have ever made, but instead of being happy, it's more fun to nitpick it to death. Yeah its got a Nightcreeper, who cares, the creeper itself is decent and im sure you can find a neo-viper or someone else to drive it.

Major Bludd is great and so are most of the single packs, but because they re-used exisiting parts there no good, or a character shaved its no good.

I have certainly advocated people should feel free to speak your mind here, but honestly I think some of you just aren't happy unless you can #$## or complain about something, and it gets to the point where people quit caring cause they know it doesnt matter what they do you aren't gonna be happy with it.

Now that being said I think Hasbro should change the name of the Crimson Shadow Guard to Black Shadow Guard. Crimson just doesnt apply here, but I think the sculpts looks good in black.

Right on there JayC,people will never be happy...........................some members always have to complain,at least there is new joes coming and thats great news to me.

Looking forward to an awesome year of buying new joe stuff and damn its alot....................

One question, who is this schmo??? Serpentor???

schmo in skull shirt!!!

I believe that's Hannibal(?*) from the comic 3 pk w/ Cover Girl

(*I don't follow the comics @hmmm@ )

Oh and have to say Flint looks like a schmo as well!!!

schmo Flint!!

Those eyes :P

That Hiss is pretty good looking.. but I definitely prefer the Hiss 2 over it..

the thing that ruins it for me are the missle launchers... they just don't look right

For me, the single packs look great despite the reused parts since it I hardly can take the differences. But yah, a lot of ppl moan or nitpick anything whether it is old Hasbro vs new Hasbro or Sota vs High Dreams. They always nitpick to favor the stuff they like, which is bad imo since it makes those who likes stuff like Stigma 6 feel bad for liking it. We don't need to make ppl feel bad because Hasbro of today isn't what it was back then.

Honestly, the only things I'm even CONSIDERING not buying are the Crimson Shadow set and the Heavy Assault set.

In MY OPINION....OPINION!!!!!

Everything else absolutely ROCKS. ESPECIALLY the Vehicles. No, the singles! No, wait, the comic packs!!!

Ahhh!

I guess in the act of "discussing" this stuff, we all tend to have pretty dramatic differences of opinions about something as relatively simple as TOYS! ^_^

I don't typically care too much if somebody doesn't agree with me on everything I think about the non-important matters of G.I.Joe paint apps or articulation, but when they get offended by my opinions and come at me like I've just insulted their Mother or something, I think THAT is where it all goes wrong and down hill.

I can't figure out where everyones expectations lie on these toys and don't really want to try anymore, as it's pretty complex. I don't care either, if somebody did or didn't get a thrill out of what we saw at the convention for the new Joes this year, because I know I'm pretty impressed, but that's just me and from what I gather...quite a few OTHERS. :)

Hell, I hate the whole Sigma Six thing and the anime cartoon looks pretty creepy to me also, and I can find a hundred ways of expressing that dislike, as just a routine matter of adding to the discussion on it. For everyt ONE (or TWENTY) of my Sigma badmouthing rant posts, you can figure that three times as many will post something they like about it, so I don't understand this whole idea of people "fearing" posting about liking something, just because others will criticize the same thing..?? :rolleyes:

Have fun with it people! Hell, I know I'm not soaking my pillow case with my tears at night, because others don't dislike Sigma Six as much as I do. @lol@

There is no problem with pointing out things you dont like or suggesting ways to improve something. I agree 100% that I would have rather seen a new HISS driver come with the HISS instead of a Nightcreeper, but I can certainly work around it and doesnt take away that its overall a nice toy. Just for me taking the time and energy to cover these things only to hear people say, those suck, is kinda dishartening, I can only imagine what the designers that make them must go thru. People have every right to think what they want and its not mine or anyone else's place to tell them otherwise, yet at the same time it seems like some people will just complain and try and tear down something for the sake of complaining. We get so wrapped up in the negative we dont truely take time to appeciate the positive, and I have been guilty of doing that to sometimes, so im not tring to point fingers at anyone. Just pointing out how the negativity all the time can be as much of a downer as a bad paint app sometimes.

With regards to the nitpicking and complaining about the new stuff, I think that's just an inherent part of online fandom. I'm not sure why, but that just seems to be how it is. I'm just glad that there is new stuff . *sadly remembers what happened to MOTU*

Here are my thoughts on the new stuff:

Single packs: I like Major Blood and the Medi-Viper the best. The rest are okay, although I don't really like Scrap Iron. He looks like a football player or that Super Pro guy from the old cheesy Marvel comic book. :D Does anybody else think that the crimson guard figure looks like it is sporting 3 or 4 different shades or red?

Collector three packs: I think the Dreadnoks pack and the General Hawk pack look the best, although I don't really care for any of those characters. I don't like Zarana in the Cobra pack (I think she looks like a man). The Devil's Due comic pack looks good, but I don't like that guy in the skull shirt. (Is he supposed to be a Serpentor clone or something?) Comic pack #9 looks just all right to me.

Vehicles: I like the HISS tank the best. It looks like a cool update to the original and has extra space to hold troops. If you don't like the red missles, you don't have to leave them on the tank. I don't mind the night creeper as you can't really see who's driving the HISS tank anyways due to the opaque windows. :) The other vehicles look good, but I'm not much of a vehicle guy anyways.

Six-packs: I don't really care for the BATs. They look kinda blah to me. I like the Cobra nightwatch pack. I'd like to see how they look compare to the Cobra infantry pack that came out a while ago. The shadow guard pack looks cool, although I agree it makes no sense for crimson guardsmen to dress in black.

Sigma 6: I don't care for the toyline, because I think that the scale is too big, but I really like the animation designs. (I like anime, so maybe that's why.) If the new cartoon GONZO is making is anything like Transformers Galaxy Force, then I think we are in for a real treat.

Overall, I think there is a lot of cool stuff coming out for GI Joe. Hopefully, Sigma 6 hits big with the kiddies, so that the OG Joe line can continue on and we get more good stuff. :)

PharmV

Just for me taking the time and energy to cover these things only to hear people say, those suck, is kinda dishartening, I can only imagine what the designers that make them must go thru.

Well, that's very true and a good point! Hopefully you know though, that the coverage you did on the con this year was OUTSTANDING and the best yet. You covered it all man, and with great pics, that showed us every angle and detail of everything we could have asked to see.

You made people probably like MORE, what they weren't intially sure of, just from such excellent pics, so you can take pride in that for sure! ;)

People have every right to think what they want and its not mine or anyone else's place to tell them otherwise, yet at the same time it seems like some people will just complain and try and tear down something for the sake of complaining.

Yeah, I sometimes get accused of that even MYSELF! @lol@

When we're all fired up and excited about something, I guess the addition of something negative does have a tendency to be a buzz kill and disappointing to some.

We get so wrapped up in the negative we dont truely take time to appeciate the positive, and I have been guilty of doing that to sometimes, so im not tring to point fingers at anyone. Just pointing out how the negativity all the time can be as much of a downer as a bad paint app sometimes.

All very true, and something to think about.

Just for me taking the time and energy to cover these things only to hear people say, those suck, is kinda dishartening, I can only imagine what the designers that make them must go thru.

so im not tring to point fingers at anyone.

#hang@

sorry @hmmm@

Well, that's very true and a good point! Hopefully you know though, that the coverage you did on the con this year was OUTSTANDING and the best yet. You covered it all man, and with great pics, that showed us every angle and detail of everything we could have asked to see.

You made people probably like MORE, what they weren't intially sure of, just from such excellent pics, so you can take pride in that for sure!

cheer up, jay, we loves ya! see? ^_^

Amen, you are 100% correct, I thought that HASBRO did an awesome job with the new sculpts and are keeping the 3/3/4 line alive.

Amen, you are 100% correct, I thought that HASBRO did an awesome job with the new sculpts and are keeping the 3/3/4 line alive.

Yep I agree to. Some people just never will be satisfied! But its all cool. I like it all mostly and that is all that matters to me.

And while some of the talk Hasbro says I laugh at, I do believe they have done a bang up job with the DTC line! I give them a tone of credit with it!

Draven

no, they need to RERELEASE army builders, not repaint them. I want my armies to look uniform, but a viper like wave 7 in every wave and you could but i'll buy a few every wave till i die.

Preach on brother!!!! PREACH ON!!!!!

and I love the Frankesteining. I've seen what people on their very board can do with existing parts, a little puddy and some paint. As long as it's a good Frankenstein...which I have felt that almost all of them have been up to this point, then I have no problems with it at all. Course I grew up a big fan of MOTU and that puts this line to shame in way of Frankensteining.

And those 3V Heavy Duty Legs are just begging to made into a Hiss Driver!

The ROCC, and Rhino arn't my cup of tea and I plan to make up for the fact by buying many, many Cobra HISS and maybe even a 2nd Night Ops Hummer. But I hope they do well, cause I'm hoping we get some more vehicles in these size classes down the line.

Yep I agree to. Some people just never will be satisfied! But its all cool. I like it all mostly and that is all that matters to me.

And while some of the talk Hasbro says I laugh at, I do believe they have done a bang up job with the DTC line! I give them a tone of credit with it!

Draven

As for the recycle parts, some ppl don't look at the big picture. I think Hasbro is resorting to reusing parts after some odd years since they are aiming for the collectors. However, using old arms and such isn't for nostalga, but to keep the line goin. Think about it, recycled parts are used by a lot of companies to save money, such as the alt/binal tech transforemr line. For the sake of the DTC line, I think they are using old parts IS TO NOT RELEASE REPAINTS! Repaints work so well in retail since it is aimed towards kids and that the repaints were usually packed in with the new fig. But since it is now only for the net as single packs, not a lot of collectors would be please to purchase a repaint unless it is needed like Firefly. Therefore, they would pass on the repaint, which will cost Hasbro $$. So rather than getting repaints, we get recycled parts. No biggie as we are getting "new figures" rather than 20 different repaints of snake eyes.

One question, who is this schmo??? Serpentor???

schmo in skull shirt!!!

I believe that's Hannibal(?*), from the comic 3 pk w/ Cover Girl

(*I don't follow the comics @hmmm@ )

Oh and yes LJ Bespin is right. The guy you asked about is Hannibal. A Serpy Clone.

Draven

'...and knowing is half the battle.' ;)

Thanks for the info, B :)