From What I've Seen From The Con

Crimson Twins

Let me start with the single packs:

To Hasbro's credit, they did bring in a lot of names people wanted, myself included. On the other hand, a lot of these guys were just put together from already existing parts. They didn't use the new heads or or the new arms on a lot of these figs. It just takes away from them to me. I'll buy a few. Mostly the Army builders and some of the guys I don't have yet. Like the Major blood.

Onto the Comic Packs:

Now, I'm ready to hear it from all those fans of these things, but I absolutely HATE the comic packs. The only one I like was the one with Serpy and Firefly, and I have yet to see one to get me excited about these. I did like the DD one though. If only for Hannible's accessories. I might buy these simply for the comics, and throw the figs into the trade/custom bin.

And now the Vehicles:

This did hit me as a strong point from what I've seen. The new HISS is awesome IMO. They seemed to have been listening to us by giving us the ability to carry some troops in it. And it has a nice retro look to it. This is how I would have imagined the HISS IV should have looked. The Rhino was another nice piece. I liked it, but now so much the suggested retail. Sure it's big, but I think of the BAT APC when I see it, and I would be willing to pay $20, and not much more for it. I feel like Hasbro is trying to get over on us by sneaking this Sigma 6 stuff to us in the form of 3 3/4" vehicles. I feel like they're up to a much bigger agenda. And if that awful Cobra Commander ever rears it's ugly head, they can count me out of whatever scheme they got going on. And then there's the ROCC. Eh. That's about all I can come up to say about it. Oh, and that it's BIG. Too big for my liking. And it's purpose seems kinda redundant if you already have the MCC. Last year I was really impressed, and knew I had to get everything that was coming out. This year, won't be the same for me.

And then the 6 packs:

Go ahead and shoot me now, but I don't like the new BATs. I never liked the new Overkill, and the BATs just don't impress me much. I like the older ones. V1-V4 are fine to me. All you other army builders can have my share of BAT packs.

Now onto the Crimson Shadow Guard. The most frustrating set yet for me. OK, let me get this straight. These guys are a subset of the Crimson Guard? OK, I'll buy that. But what I won't buy is that these guys are the Firefly equivalent of the CG world. So, you mean to tell me that they run around in THOSE SAME uniforms to do all of their sabotage? Those uniform are not exactly the sneaking type. Especially with the nice gold logos on the front. I bet that gold really blends nicely into the night sky. I'll buy them, but they'll serve another purpose to me.

The Heavy Assault Squad. Yeah! Another Snake Eyes. Just what I was waiting for. I'm not even going to say anything else about the set. It'll be another peg warmer to go with those awful Winter and Imperial sets.

So, that's my opinion. Kinda glad I didn't go. Well, not really. I would have liked the experience. But this stuff doesn't have me as excited as the rest of the people around here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you feel that way CT. I for one love most of the stuff. I agree with you on the HAS. Why in God's name did they omit Rock N Roll, Short-Fuze, the mandatory Roadblock who would have been perfect for this? I understand Duke as he would be a good squad leader, but SE, I thought TRU exclusives were for us and not the kids.

The Shadow Guard, dislike the concept, but I'll pick one up to keep MOC.

Everything else though, Im cyked about. I can't see why you would be so down about it I myself don't try to have high expectations for these as they are just toys. If I see something that I know they could have done better on, I will be frustrated but not let myself get down on it.

Let me start with the single packs:

To Hasbro's credit, they did bring in a lot of names people wanted, myself included.  On the other hand, a lot of these guys were just put together from already existing parts.  They didn't use the new heads or or the new arms on a lot of these figs.  It just takes away from them to me.  I'll buy a few.  Mostly the Army builders and some of the guys I don't have yet.  Like the Major blood.

Onto the Comic Packs:

Now, I'm ready to hear it from all those fans of these things, but I absolutely HATE the comic packs.  The only one I like was the one with Serpy and Firefly, and I have yet to see one to get me excited about these.  I did like the DD one though.  If only for Hannible's accessories.  I might buy these simply for the comics, and throw the figs into the trade/custom bin.

And now the Vehicles:

This did hit me as a strong point from what I've seen.  The new HISS is awesome IMO.  They seemed to have been listening to us by giving us the ability to carry some troops in it.  And it has a nice retro look to it.  This is how I would have imagined the HISS IV should have looked.  The Rhino was another nice piece.  I liked it, but now so much the suggested retail.  Sure it's big, but I think of the BAT APC when I see it, and I would be willing to pay $20, and not much more for it.  I feel like Hasbro is trying to get over on us by sneaking this Sigma 6 stuff to us in the form of 3 3/4" vehicles.  I feel like they're up to a much bigger agenda.  And if that awful Cobra Commander ever rears it's ugly head, they can count me out of whatever scheme they got going on.  And then there's the ROCC.  Eh.  That's about all I can come up to say about it.  Oh, and that it's BIG.  Too big for my liking.  And it's purpose seems kinda redundant if you already have the MCC.  Last year I was really impressed, and knew I had to get everything that was coming out.  This year, won't be the same for me.

And then the 6 packs:

Go ahead and shoot me now, but I don't like the new BATs.  I never liked the new Overkill, and the BATs just don't impress me much.  I like the older ones.  V1-V4 are fine to me.  All you other army builders can have my share of BAT packs.

Now onto the Crimson Shadow Guard.  The most frustrating set yet for me.  OK, let me get this straight.  These guys are a subset of the Crimson Guard?  OK, I'll buy that.  But what I won't buy is that these guys are the Firefly equivalent of the CG world.  So, you mean to tell me that they run around in THOSE SAME uniforms to do all of their sabotage?  Those uniform are not exactly the sneaking type.  Especially with the nice gold logos on the front.  I bet that gold really blends nicely into the night sky.  I'll buy them, but they'll serve another purpose to me. 

The Heavy Assault Squad.  Yeah!  Another Snake Eyes.  Just what I was waiting for.  I'm not even going to say anything else about the set.  It'll be another peg warmer to go with those awful Winter and Imperial sets.

So, that's my opinion.  Kinda glad I didn't go.  Well, not really.  I would have liked the experience.  But this stuff doesn't have me as excited as the rest of the people around here.

I really resepct your opinion CT that why I feel bad about this bashing you're about to receive. Joking I do resepct your opnion though and I see where you are coming from. Heres my two cent....

Single Packs:

Love em to death. Love the designs, love the throwback card art/ file card, and love the new weapons as well. I do wish they had more people though for the first wave, but thats just my greed talking. As for the heads and such, alot oft eh regular heads were not ready for the con so thats why you see reups of heads, mainly Shipwrecks. And the bodies are bieng retooled and frankensteined becasue they have a very small budget to work with. Once we start lining thier pockets with money then we will start seeing some new sculpts. I mean we did get a new one of Maj Barrage and Spirit, and we did get new heads for all of the figures, so Im happy with that. Its just going to take time thats all.

Comic Packs:

Love them as well......on the contrary I was really dissapointed in the Firefly/Serpy/Scraps packs. To many paint apps errors. I think they could have done a much better job on Scrapy's head...it looks exactly like the old one. And I bought two of the packs and both of Scrapy's head had blue on his hair. The new ones coming out look to be alot cleaner, even though Hawks helmet seems to be a tad to big

Vehicles: I love big vehicles, so Im kinda byassed here. Big vehicles equal more playability to me. The rhino is freaking sweet. Takes me right to Aliens. Im getting two of them. Price point wise Im cool with them, cause from what I understand they are a nice size. Im dissappointed in the drivers though...they should have gone to new figures or better frankesteining.....why does every one have to have no sleeves when they drive a vehicle? My whole thing make the uniform look like it works with the vehicle, have a comm set or something...I dont know. The vehicles should look shiny either, i want them to look grungy or have flat paint on them, Still good vehicles and I cant wait.

6packs:

I agree with you totally on the Crimson Shadow Guard. It makes no sense...How can Crimson bee shadowed? I would have made them commanders or something, and how are they the equiv of firefly...kinda makes him useless then huh. he heavy weapons packs is a bunch of crap as well. I dont think heavy weapons when I think Snake eyes. a good heavy weapons set would have been this. Roadblock, Heavy Duty, Backblast, Rock and Roll, Rampart, and Salvo. Now thats a heavy weapons team righ there. and I wont even comment on the winter set.....but i did like the Imperial Procession it was different. Come to think of it, they should have made the Imperial Procession this. 4 Crimson Shadow Guards with silver logos, CC in black and Silver trim like the battle corp version, and Vypra is a black with silver around her sash and belt. That would have been sweet.

Guest A-MAN

Other than a few suprise new vehicles, what was shown at the Convention was underwhelming, and incredibley disappointing as far RAH goes (no previously unreissued molds in the 6 packs, no reissued vehicles, besides the moray we've known of for months).

Comic packs. The Dreadnoks were nice, but the line-up was leaked months ago, and the figures weeks ago. Issue #9 is overdue. The Devil's Due pack is boring, even with Covergirl. What the hell good is clone boy without a new sculpt Serpentor?

I'm not entirely happy with wave 2 of the single cards, Major Bludd is a GvsC/Spy Troops style figure, whose body made from parts of 2 figures I didn't really care for. And I'm amazed that after 4 years they NEVER sculpted a new Major Bludd. But they redid Barrel Roll! WTF??

So we're back to inconsistency, which has been my biggest gripe with the new sculpts.

Other than a few suprise new vehicles, what was shown at the Convention was underwhelming, and incredibley disappointing as far RAH goes (no previously unreissued molds in the 6 packs, no reissued vehicles, besides the moray we've known of for months). 

Comic packs. The Dreadnoks were nice, but the line-up was leaked months ago, and the figures weeks ago. Issue #9 is overdue. The Devil's Due pack is boring, even with Covergirl. What the hell good is clone boy without a new sculpt Serpentor?

I'm not entirely happy with wave 2 of the single cards, Major Bludd is a GvsC/Spy Troops style figure, whose body made from parts of 2 figures I didn't really care for. And I'm amazed that after 4 years they NEVER sculpted a new Major Bludd. But they redid Barrel Roll! WTF??

So we're back to inconsistency, which has been my biggest gripe with the new sculpts.

Now the whole Barrel Roll thing I agree with, they could have sculpted a new Major Bludd. But correct me if Im wrong but isnt Barrel Roll v2( i dont count repaints), a frankensteined figure. I swear his chest is from rollbar.

Also remember guys they said it before they dont havea huge budget to work with this time around cause most of the money is going to S6. They said that the first few waves will be frankeinsted with a some new ones as well. When they get a bigger budget they will start making more new sculpts. So we gotta help by supporting it.

Also remember guys they said it before they dont havea huge budget to work with this time around cause most of the money is going to S6. They said that the first few waves will be frankeinsted with a some new ones as well. When they get a bigger budget they will start making more new sculpts. So we gotta help by supporting it.

also they need to repaint the army builders. Geting a repaint of those once would be ok and not upset most people.

I feel like Hasbro is trying to get over on us by sneaking this Sigma 6 stuff to us in the form of 3 3/4" vehicles. I feel like they're up to a much bigger agenda. And if that awful Cobra Commander ever rears it's ugly head, they can count me out of whatever scheme they got going on. And then there's the ROCC. Eh. That's about all I can come up to say about it. Oh, and that it's BIG. Too big for my liking. And it's purpose seems kinda redundant if you already have the MCC. Last year I was really impressed, and knew I had to get everything that was coming out. This year, won't be the same for me.

So, that's my opinion. Kinda glad I didn't go. Well, not really. I would have liked the experience. But this stuff doesn't have me as excited as the rest of the people around here.

i like all the single pack plan on getting all of them

*Onto the Comic Packs:

Now, I'm ready to hear it from all those fans of these things, but I absolutely HATE the comic packs. The only one I like was the one with Serpy and Firefly, and I have yet to see one to get me excited about these. I did like the DD one though. If only for Hannible's accessories. I might buy these simply for the comics, and throw the figs into the trade/custom bin.*

i agree here don't much care about the comic packs though i might get the ripper pack

*And now the Vehicles:

This did hit me as a strong point from what I've seen. The new HISS is awesome IMO. They seemed to have been listening to us by giving us the ability to carry some troops in it. And it has a nice retro look to it. This is how I would have imagined the HISS IV should have looked. *

i agree completly

The Rhino was another nice piece. I liked it, but now so much the suggested retail. Sure it's big, but I think of the BAT APC when I see it, and I would be willing to pay $20, and not much more for it.

i feel the same

And then the 6 packs:

*Go ahead and shoot me now, but I don't like the new BATs. I never liked the new Overkill, and the BATs just don't impress me much. I like the older ones. V1-V4 are fine to me. All you other army builders can have my share of BAT packs.*

bang :) actually i do like the new bats

*Now onto the Crimson Shadow Guard. The most frustrating set yet for me. OK, let me get this straight. These guys are a subset of the Crimson Guard? OK, I'll buy that. But what I won't buy is that these guys are the Firefly equivalent of the CG world. So, you mean to tell me that they run around in THOSE SAME uniforms to do all of their sabotage? Those uniform are not exactly the sneaking type. Especially with the nice gold logos on the front. I bet that gold really blends nicely into the night sky. I'll buy them, but they'll serve another purpose to me. *

i don't think i will get any of these at all ninja crimson gaurds dressed in black nuff said

*The Heavy Assault Squad. Yeah! Another Snake Eyes. Just what I was waiting for. I'm not even going to say anything else about the set. It'll be another peg warmer to go with those awful Winter and Imperial sets.*

agreed what a stupid pack the only one that belongs is road block and i guess you could make an argument for 1 green shirt

I am extremley impressed by everything on offer at the Con (except the Heavy Weapons Team...I`ll give that a miss)!

I`ll be buying Barrel Roll, Major Bludd, Range Viper, Salvo etc etc...I personal think are amazing! Especially for frankenjoes.

A great throw back to the early figures (Flash, Grandslam) that used the same parts to cut costs originally. I think this works for the DTC line!

The vehicles are extremely cool too. Nice homage to Aliens, the HISS rocks and the ROCC is a great concept with loads of play value.

I really think Hasbro finally got this right! They have been listening.

Now if Hasbro UK would sell these figures online, I`d be happier!

Decky Hedrock.

i thought most of what was shown a the con was awesome. I love the single pack figures. they rule.

i also liked the cobra troop builder packs. even the bat, although i wont get it. i got over 100 of the family dollar wave 1 bats and vowed never to purchase any more.

i will pass on the heavy hitter thing thought. but thats not a surprise as i have passed on every single joe six pack so far. They are all kinda crappy in my opinion.

Also remember guys they said it before they dont havea huge budget to work with this time around cause most of the money is going to S6.  They said that the first few waves will be frankeinsted with a some new ones as well.  When they get a bigger budget they will start making more new sculpts.  So we gotta help by supporting it.

also they need to repaint the army builders. Geting a repaint of those once would be ok and not upset most people.

no, they need to RERELEASE army builders, not repaint them. I want my armies to look uniform, but a viper like wave 7 in every wave and you could but i'll buy a few every wave till i die.

To me the shown product was overall made me very happy. But there were a few things that bothered me.

Shadow Crimson Guards?!?!? WTF?!?!?

Heavy Assault Squad w/ Duke, Snake Eyes, and greenshirts?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

Hannibal?!!?!? WTF?!?!?!

Barrel Roll sp ?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!

neon BAT 6 pack?!?!?!?! WT.....well actually this one was kind of neat.

Guest A-MAN

The BAT MK 5 proto on Ebay had better colors than the neon-accented 6-packer. Why make a homage to the 1991 BAT colors? And again, they should've thrown in a silver MK 5 head so troop builders can use the silver Overkill as a BAT. I might get one set, but I'd more likely get another Night Watch, unless they sell out (yeah, right...they'll be gone by noon the day after they go up for sell).

Guest A-MAN
(yeah, right...they'll be gone by noon the day after they go up for sell).

noon? Awfully optimistic aren't you? By the time one of us on the board puts up that they're available for sale, they'll be sold out.

I don't mean sold out at Hasbro's site, I mean everywhere, even Brian's Toys! @smilepunch@