Wanna Repaint Halo Master Chief Figure

dreamer

Well, I got some extra Spartan to do some repaint.

Just wondering what type of paint should I use?

Is there any process like cleaning the figure before painting?

After painting the figure, do I need to do extra step to prevent the paint from chipping?

Also I want to create some emblem on the figure.

Should I paint them on? It will be hard since the emblem is small.

Is there any way to create sticker?

Thanks.

you can wash your figure by just using a little bit of soap and water if you want.

Enamels are good paints and wont chip at all. Acylics shouldnt chip really.

for the emblem u cood paint it on or make some on your computer an print them off onto some decal paper but i think the paper is expensive.

thanks wolvie.

i want to achieve a sense of very metal, tank-like texture on chief's armor, how can i do that?

also what brand of paint do you use?

if i remember correctly, you did a repaint of the v1 chief right? did you repaint the grey area of the figure?

• 1 month later...

http://groups.msn.com/HakatoXfriends/wolve...oms.msnw?Page=2

Maybe this might help. I did this repaint as soon as I got the Master Chief. Its a dark green wash, then light/neon green drybrushed over top. Very simple.

nice! i've seen your repaint, that's a superb job!

just wondering, what's a 'wash' and what's a 'drybrush'?

also when you painted the figure, did you take it apart?

some part like behind the head is a very tough spot to reach with a brush...

Ok, you start off with the dark green. This is a wash. What you do, is water down the paint, until it is runny, but still has colour, and enough paint so that it will not drip. Then you use a brush and mostly get into all the crevices. If you used too much water, it will leak and wont stay in the cracks. Do this all around (but not on the black and grey obviously) and let it dry.

Then, get out some lime green (I remember I mixed in a metallic green with it too) and very slightly water it down (just enough so that its not as thick, do not add a lot of water, VERY little). Get a bunch on your brush, and wipe it off onto a paper towel or something until there is not too much on the brush. Then using a stiff brush, go over the raised areas until they've got a pretty good coat. You wont have to worry about accuracy for the most part (except watch the visor) because you'll be doing very broad strokes. Then you're done.

Maybe this might help. I did this repaint as soon as I got the Master Chief. Its a dark green wash, then light/neon green drybrushed over top. Very simple.

That's really cool!

I've thought about paiting mine. I think it's a great figure with tremendous detail work, but a better paintjob really would bring thise details home. I think it'd be really cool to see a camoflage one.

I usually use citadel and tamiya paints. Stay away from Appel Barrel and Folk Art (Wal-Mart paints) as they really are quite crap. First I soak the base/piece in pinesol for a little while rather than soapy water. But I a little dish soap works too. Then I use a spare toothbrush to get in those har-to-reach areas.

But since your using a Master Chief, I would watch out with the soap since he's got the chrome face plate, unless you plan on repainting it anyway. It's possble it could chip or fade.

That's really cool!

I've thought about paiting mine. I think it's a great figure with tremendous detail work, but a better paintjob really would bring thise details home. I think it'd be really cool to see a camoflage one.

I usually use citadel and tamiya paints. Stay away from Appel Barrel and Folk Art (Wal-Mart paints) as they really are quite crap. First I soak the base/piece in pinesol for a little while rather than soapy water. But I a little dish soap works too. Then I use a spare toothbrush to get in those har-to-reach areas.

But since your using a Master Chief, I would watch out with the soap since he's got the chrome face plate, unless you plan on repainting it anyway. It's possble it could chip or fade.

I appreciate the compliment, and while I agree that Citadel and Tamiya are far excellent paints to use, I have to tell you, this is a really simple repaint, and I just used the cheap paints (Folk Art ironically enough) because all you're doing is adding to the base green, you don't have to worry about paint chipping or rub because the fig is already green. I do agree that any other time, for a full repaint, and for sturdiness to use Tamiya or Citadel(Tamiya is cheaper and works just as good) but to save money here, just use cheap stuff.

As for the soaking the figure, completely unnecessary here, as the green is factory molded, and there is no paint to strip off (not that you'd want to anyway). Just do the wash/drybrush and you wont have to worry about the existing paint.