Exclusive Con News!!!!!!

flint069

The Big Brawler seen in Jay C's post is not the real Big Brawler. BB has a decorating empire to maintain as well as being the Joes fashion coordinator, so was not able to attend. So one of his many standins was there to meet the demands of his adoring public. BB fans take heart as Hasbro DTC has an upcoming wave 3 BB in the works....here the exclusive card photo!!!

Enjoy!

brawler.jpg

Nothing personal guys to you. I just have major problems with the "real Big Brawler"

Draven

Well I dont. He's helped me a lot. Ive even talked to the guy a few times. Nice fellow.

The figure resembles Loewll. Ho ho ho. Fiendishly clever. I think thats been pretty firmly established. Can we find a new horse to beat to death now?

But if we're gonna go down the "If it physically resembles a person it therefore must BE that person" path, lets take it to its logical conclusion and apply it unilatterally. Why just limit it to Brawler? Barrel-Roll resembles Blaylock. Lets see some jokes regarding him making a bad comic and his thirst for blood. C'mon, it's only fair.

Nothing personal guys to you. I just have major problems with the "real Big Brawler"

Draven

Well I dont. He's helped me a lot. Ive even talked to the guy a few times. Nice fellow.

The figure resembles Loewll. Ho ho ho. Fiendishly clever. I think thats been pretty firmly established. Can we find a new horse to beat to death now?

But if we're gonna go down the "If it physically resembles a person it therefore must BE that person" path, lets take it to its logical conclusion and apply it unilatterally. Why just limit it to Brawler? Barrel-Roll resembles Blaylock. Lets see some jokes regarding him making a bad comic and his thirst for blood. C'mon, it's only fair.

So what Doc. We have been down this path before. If I want express my anger towards Brawler I will. Its called freedom of speech. I am not going to tip toe around your feelings of him. Quit taking it so personal. You do it every time.

Draven

I started the Big Brawler looks like Christopher Lowell thing waaaaay back on the alt.gi-joes1980's google board, and that was when the damn figure FIRST made an appearance! @lol@

That being established, I still can enjoy a flashback of a good running gag about it!

Lowell being such a pansy that he is, and an interior decorating one at that, it just killed the whole Big Brawler image, as being anything rough and tough and "brawling"! @loll@

Draven

So what Doc. We have been down this path before. If I want express my anger towards Brawler I will. Its called freedom of speech. I am not going to tip toe around your feelings of him. Quit taking it so personal. You do it every time.

Draven

Yep pretty damn funny to me and I am not a brawler fan at all............is he on the dead list yet?

LMAO Brawler will probably be the last joe left alive. He will be the one that out lives eVERYONE else! LOL

Yeah because he was hiding in the closet being a weenie while all the other Joes went down fighting.

I once painted over the Brawler on the RAH one with Weenie. Quite funny.

Draven

Draven

Draven

I just have this thing for supporting people who come through for me. That's also called freedom of speech. I do the same thing for anyone else who does. Someone does the same to you Ill stand up for you as well. As Im sure you would for yours.

Big Brawler supports you? I got your PM yelling at me, which is uncalled for Doc. I don't know where this anger is coming from but place it elsewhere. It's an action figure....that looks like Christopher Lowell.....It's funny. Get over your self. My god....lock this freaking thread already.

Doc man even if I express anger or make fun of BB here, have you ever heard me actually bash or call out the real Brawler publically? No I keep that private. But I can laugh and make fun of the figure right? See what I am saying?

Draven

Fair enough. Consider that part dropped.

I will concede that the head sculpt is my least favorite part of the first figure, though I dont really hate it. But Ill maintain that the BOD is a great re-use of the Outback mold and the colors are superb. And more militaristic than say any new sculpt Tunnel Rat.

The v2 Low-Light head of the two following RAH style figures and even the head sculpt of the Spy Troops version works a lot better for the character.

If you sculpt some hair onto the original head, maybe give it a 50s-like paompadour it makes a decent looking Clutch. Maybe it can be re-issued as a different character in red or blonde hair. Eh. Just look like a blonde Lowel probably.