Crappy Figure Brigade!

flint069

The Front can be the CFB logo we use. Plain without the Golobulus goggle. and the back can be a Crystal Ball FC!

Thanks for the suggestion, as for the Golobulus eye I think that we decided to keep that as the logo. Good idea though, how about this, everyone pm me what they think I will post what people suggested (so everyone has a fair chance) and then go from there?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Cesspool be considered a crappy figure? He has a pretty good back story - corrupt corprate bigwig poisoning the environment. He leads an interesting division of Cobra - toxic warfare. He looks different then the rest of Cobra - he's an older guy who's scarred by radiation or acid. His chest symbol is cool. His colors reflect his role. I'm not saying he's the best or my favorite but I just don't think he really qualifies as a crappy figure.

How can Cesspool be considered a crappy figure? He has a pretty good back story - corrupt corprate bigwig poisoning the environment. He leads an interesting division of Cobra - toxic warfare. He looks different then the rest of Cobra - he's an older guy who's scarred by radiation or acid. His chest symbol is cool. His colors reflect his role. I'm not saying he's the best or my favorite but I just don't think he really qualifies as a crappy figure.

Good question, I am not sure if he was one to vote on......

Here are the minutes!  Sorry for the delay, I got home and got some news that is definitely taking my life in a different turn.

This is going to be a long post...

Please start emailing me your info to adroq@hotmail.com  Please put CFB info in the subject and provide me with your:

Name

Handle

What boards you post on

AIM/MSN/YAHOO sn

# years @ con

# years in CFB

Thanks!  Now, on to what we covered at the meeting

CFB 2005

Thanks to everyone who attended the Annual meeting of the Crappy Figure Brigade.  As a reminder this year’s “Dishonorable Discharge� (formerly Inductee into the Hall of Shame) is Battle Corp Leatherneck, lovingly nicknamed “Leopard Pants Leatherneck.�

This year it was also decided upon to include vehicles, so we introduce the “Decommissioned Junkyard.�  In order to catch up we nominated and then voted for four inductees.  Nominees included Triple T Tank, Road Toad, Destro’s Dominator, & The Earthquake.  For a full list of nominees, see the end of the newsletter.  The four vehicles inducted, are the Cobra Pogo, Fort America, Ninja Lightning, and the Pile Driver.

After much discussion on several topics, the following were decided upon and need to be considered when nominating in future years.

· Figures and vehicles need to be at least 10 years old before they can be considered to vote on.  Just because a mold is 20 years old does not mean we can consider a version of a character that has come out in the last year.  We had a lot of discussion back and forth on this.  Some felt that comic pack figures should be allowed because the molds are that old.  However, the point of the CFB is to celebrate the 3 ¾� line much in the way the D.O.B. members celebrate their line.  We felt that if we start including newer stuff it would be offensive to the Hasbro Design team, and that is NOT our purpose.  We want to give Hasbro our full support and keep the line around as long as possible.  If there is a recent figure or vehicle you feel should be nominated, wait the required amount of years and nominate it.

· Only single vehicles and figures can be nominated.  You can’t nominate “the entire ninja force vehicle line� as one nomination, but you can nominate and in turn vote on each one separately.

· Voting only occurs at the con, by those present.  If you cannot attend the con, get your nomination into someone who is going, so they can nominate for you. 

· While narrowing down the nominees, you can vote on as many as you like until the final voting round.

· It was suggested that we start using “Roberts Rules�, where a member of the club nominates it and someone else has to second it.

· The official mascots of the CFB are our first two inductees; Crystal Ball and Golobulous.

Next year we would like each member attending the club to do some sort of Golobulous custom, much in the same way the 12�ers do with all the Bulletman stuff.  What we want to do is alternate between our two mascots each year.  If possible, and you live close enough to another CFB member maybe even getting a dio entered would be fantastic.

I have a list of CFB members from this year’s con.  I will dig through my computer and find last year’s to create a current master list.  I will email it out to everyone shortly.  If you notice any of your own information that is missing or incorrect, please email it back to me.

Here is a list of all the nominees for this year’s figure:

Deep Six v.1

Deep Six v.  with “Finback the dolphin�

Dog Fight

Cobra Commander v.4  (Red Face)

Ice Cream Soldier

Voltar

Bazooka v.3 (Fisherman Bazooka)

Robo Joe

Bulletproof

Payload

Cross Country v.2 (Redneck)

Skidmark

Darklon

Sneak Peak

Taurus

Big Brawler

Create A Cobra

Leatherneck v.3  (Leopard Pants)

It narrowed down to the following three:

Fisherman Bazooka

Redneck Cross Country

Leopard Pants Leatherneck

All losing nominees can be re-nominated next year.

Vehicle Nominees:

Battle Copters

Triple T Tank

Darklon’s Evader

Destro’s Dominator

Road Toad

Cobra Pogo

Buzz Boar

R.P.V.

Earthquake

Fort America

Apache

Liquidator

Ninja Lightning

Falcon Glider

Hammerhead

Battle Axe

Pile Driver

Septic Tank

Again, those vehicles not voted in this year are eligible for re-nomination next year.

The CFB was created at the 2004 convention after Brian Savage suggested in the club forum that the 3 ¾� collectors have a club similar to the 12 inch’s D.O.B.  This club is not intended to slam, mock, or otherwise put down the Joe line, or offend other collectors.  It is meant as a tongue in cheek way of celebrating some of the decisions made throughout the toy line that always made us wonder.  CFB members love Joe and want to see the line prosper and continue for years to come.

If you have any questions, please contact any of the following people.

General Zod: President

Card: Acting Vice President for life

Cmdrinchief:(need exact title)

Tazzman:(need exact title)

Adroq: Secretary

Nope Cesspool was not nominated, besides even if he was nominated it would take everyone to vote to have him Dishonorably Discharged.

That is what is great about actually being at the con to vote since one person might want a figure dicharged, but all the rest do not, it happened a lot this year and everyone was a consensus of Leopard Pants Letherneck :D

To true Tazzman, you Cmnder and Androq did do alot at con and flint would have if he could have made it. All I was trying to say is we need a few people to step up and help us organize this a little if we really want to do all the things we have said. Its cool you picked up the t-shirts, now for those buttons...lol. An idea for the shirts is you find out the price, we all paypal you and we pick them up at con, if possible.

To true Tazzman, you Cmnder and Androq did do alot at con and flint would have if he could have made it. All I was trying to say is we need a few people to step up and help us organize this a little if we really want to do all the things we have said. Its cool you picked up the t-shirts, now for those buttons...lol. An idea for the shirts is you find out the price, we all paypal you and we pick them up at con, if possible.

It's all good, consider it done..... will work on it this weekend, or next.

Do you have AOL? We need to chat as prices come about.

Anyone that said they wish to be officers need to step up and give their opinion and help. Me and Zod cannot be the only two to work out all the deals. Sorry if im being an ass but if we are the only two that do the leg work then thats not really a group, is it. Everybody seems to want to throw a few ideas but very few want do the actual work. Thats what happened last year. If everybody did one project for the cfb that takes all of a few hours for the year we could have a lot of things going on next year. I know everybody is busy, im right there. But a few hours a year will not kill anyone.

Who wants to take control of the T-shirts and who wants the buttons. Zod has the website in hand and I will try and deal with the collectors club.

On a side note I need ideas for any contest or events we want at the con. Any ideas for the custom contest, etc, etc. Anyone that wants to head up a contest or event just say so. I will handle the custom contest since it was my idea, but we need the trophy for that. Any ideas on that would be great as well. Right now its looking like a custom crystal ball contest. Crappiest custom wins the booby prize, hopefully awarded at the dinner. I know their was some talk at con about a figure breakage event or catapult a crappy figure contest. All of those sound found but we need someone to organize them and deal with the logistics. I need the info by sept to hopefully get into the con. We might be doing alot of our events without con knowledge if they dont approve them, no big for the CFB.

Don't forget about cmndrinchief and I too ;), someone had to keep the meeting to order and I thought we did a good job. He and I faciliated and told everyone to be quite so we could vote :D also do not forget about Adrow, he typed everything out for the min as well as is compiling the list of members to send something out via email.

I can look into the t- shirts, but have to get everyone to agree on what they would like on them. I talked to todd (delta six) at the con as well as via email and trying to come up with a crystal ball and perhaps globulus file card t -shirt, but I need a lot more ideas.

Well its already established that Card is VP Adroq is secretary/hr, Cmdr is Voice Of CFB/Zod :), and Tazz truthfully I forgot what you were :(.....im ashamed. Anyway those positions are sealed and done. Now we just need people to participate and help with stuff.

Nope Cesspool was not nominated, besides even if he was nominated it would take everyone to vote to have him Dishonorably Discharged.

That is what is great about actually being at the con to vote since one person might want a figure dicharged, but all the rest do not, it happened a lot this year and everyone was a consensus of Leopard Pants Letherneck :D

This is why I was suggesting a point system for votes. Everyone votes their top 3 from the nominated list and teh points will bring out a true winner.

As for Cesspool, noone has voted him in, I just used him as an example. While not neccessarily a crappy figure, he IS a crappy character. Last year we said wern't going to be limited to just paint schemes (giraffe Leatherneck...good mold, but bad paint) but also molds (Armadillo), character (Raptor and Crystal Ball), and all of the above (Golobulus). There will be a few disagreements. Raptor is a cool figure and cool colors, but his backstory is ridiculous!!! Cesspool is a bit out there as well. He was an Eco-Warrior (which should make you an automatic pick lol). He creates Toxo-Zombies. He has a Toxo-lab. While I won't nominate him next year or maybe even in the year after that, I will get to him eventually. If someone doesn't get to him first. @firedevil@

The Front can be the CFB logo we use. Plain without the Golobulus goggle. and the back can be a Crystal Ball FC!

Thanks for the suggestion, as for the Golobulus eye I think that we decided to keep that as the logo. Good idea though, how about this, everyone pm me what they think I will post what people suggested (so everyone has a fair chance) and then go from there?

I prefer the patch. I suggested though for the shirt not to use it because....

A.) others seem not to like the patch (guess they do...sweet!!!)

but also

b.) it obstructs the letters on the logo, so people can't see it properly

Maybe the shirt can be a neon green or blue (nothing TOO obnoxious like yellow or pink).

I'm going to see about procurring a bunch of Crystal Ball shields. get a CFB logo printed and laminated and you can stick em on the shield.

but also

Maybe the shirt can be a neon green or blue (nothing TOO obnoxious like yellow or pink).

I'm going to see about procurring a bunch of Crystal Ball shields. get a CFB logo printed and laminated and you can stick em on the shield.

U know the crystal ball shield would be a great button....and also a sweet grandprize in our contest.

but also

U know the crystal ball shield would be a great button....and also a sweet grandprize in our contest.

I think that everyone should have the CFB button and for a grandprize, something else......

Flint is right, there will be disagreements, and that is to be expected, the old saying "one man's junk is another man's treasure" certainly applies to CFB. That's why I like our voting system. Some of us were shocked at Deep Six v.1 or Sneak Peak getting nominated. When it came time to vote, they only got 1 (the nominator) or 2 votes. Those people, in turn were shocked at other nominees that most people thought were crappy, yet when the time came the votes just weren't there.

I like the T-shirt idea, but I also like buttons or patches. I'll go along with pretty much anything, (just don't put me in a CFB tutu!)

One thing we DO need, is a place for multiple threads. The DOB members have a place on the master collector board just for them. I know JC was very generous to sticky this thread, and I'm greatful, but it's getting kind of confusing. It would be nice, whether here, Mastercollector, or our own site to have a good message board with some of us as mods and have a bunch of organized threads.

I suggest Master Collector, because we are trying to be recognized just like DOB is, and we should participate with MC in the same fashion.

I pmed Don, but I'll say it here, just shoot me an email and let me know what needs to be done and how I can help. I'm transferring within my company so I've been hectic in the real world (and absent) from here lately, but I do still pop on and lurk when I can.

Also, still working on the list of members. I no longer have last year's list. If someone still has it, please send it to me. This years is ready to go out, I just want to combine the two so I don't leave anyone out. If I don't get last years within the next couple of days, I'll just send out what I have.

I have a feeling though, that CFB wise, it's pretty much going to be us that have been posting in this thread. There were several people at the meeting who have yet to show up here. Maybe when I send the list out it will jog some memories.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a while since anyone posted here.....so I'll break the ice.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to meet with the Johio group just outside of Dayton. It was a good time and James (aka the dude who wore the Crystal Ball costume at the con) was in classic form. I am sure pics will be posted. With all the groups that the 3-3/4 collectors are forming, we're sure to be ultra organized at next year's con.....where ever that may be (Norfolk maybe??)

those joehio guys are awesome! You should see the movie that Jon made. It's pretty entertaining.

I do have a question: I was going through my old email address (that I haven't used in a year) and saw an email for a CFB Yahoo group. The email was an invite (that has expired). Do/did we have a yahoo group? If so, how can I get in on it?

We should figure out some communication between all of the members other than here...

We should figure out some communication between all of the members other than here...

I'm working on the CFB website right now, I should have something up for General Zod's approval in a week. If anyone ahs any ideas of what they would like to see on the site, shoot me a pm.

The website is going smoothly but I need mugshots of Battle Corps Leatherneck, Raptor, Golobulus, and Crystal for the Dishonorable Discharge as well as pics of the Cobra Pogo, Fort America, Ninja lightning, and Pile driver for the Decommissioned Junkyard. If anyone can provide me with pics of any of these that would be great. You can make the photo anyway you want.

Thanks, Kevin

yeah, that's why we nominate, discuss, and vote all at the same time. There were some figures that the only people who voted were the ones who nominated them.

There is a simple rule to keep in mind: The figure you love the most someone else hates, and the one you hate the most, someone else loves.

Man, I should have kept up with this as it came up. That's a lot of red tape to read through all at once.

So you finally got to see my birthfday wishes to ya?!?!

YOJOE.....Did you get my email....my pc crashed so I didn't email them to ya right away. What would be a good pixel size for you to work with? What kind of background would you like for the Shamer/Lamers?