Questions To Be Asked

pesatyel

Since the con officially starts tomorrow, we have time to see what questions we want answered.

I'd like to know if Wave 6, Wave 7, the Ice Saber and Quickstrike will be offered online.

Can we use Battle Points to cut the cost on orders? :D

Anybody else think of any questions to ask?

1.) Sunbow's G.I. Joe DVD Season 2, Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will we get it?

2.) Dreamwave's Transformers/G.I. Joe Part 2, Issues #2-4, will we ever see them? Will IDW Comics put it out?

Please do a better job with the detailing on the re-issues.

Release 1 decent Viper re-issue with painted glves and lower pants legs that ARENT the came color as the boot. One good properly detailed Viper. Thats all I ask

Would you please at least re-issue 6-packs at TRU? They all sell out.

will the 3 3/4 guys be advertise in simga six toy packs or in comercial spots?

Will their be guest "former joes" on sigma six cartoons?

Does hasbro have a say in who writes the joe comic ? (as in quinjets from casey SUCK)

1. How will online only sales generate enough revenue to support any new product in the long run?

2. Why has ARAH been abandoned when it has such a strong collector base and has proven to be a stronger seller than the new sculpts?

Somehow, I doubt they'd answer those, though. :)

Ask about a video game!!!!

Beyond that, ask which characters can we expect to be re-done using the wave-7 treatment

Ask if the rumor of them recovering the v.1 BAT mold a while ago was true, and if they ever plan to actually use it.

Ask about what vehicles can be reissued, and if those wanting stuff like a WHALE can give up hope.

1. How will online only sales generate enough revenue to support any new product in the long run?

2. Why has ARAH been abandoned when it has such a strong collector base and has proven to be a stronger seller than the new sculpts?

Hasbro did address some of these questions and/or similar ones.

1.Bill Lagor said that they want to see the line as a whole succeed.In so many words,since Sigma 6 is their primary focus,it MUST succeed in order for the rest of the line,whether its online or the last few TRU exclusives (Hasbro is stopping TRU exclusives for a while),to benefit as well.JayC himself asked what if Sigma 6 bombs,how will that affect the online stuff,and while Lagor said he'd like it for as a whole to succeed,their main target is the kids...which basically we took as that Sigma 6 must succeed for the rest of the brand to remain afloat.The more money that Hasbro makes from GI Joe,the more of it can go into the different divisions of it.

2.It has been a stronger seller in terms of the 6-packs,I suppose comic packs have been selling well as well.But they apparantly DO NOT hit Hasbro's target market:the kids.They believe their prime source of income is the kids but they model the stuff to also appeal to collectors. Also,it hasn't been entirely abandoned as we see the modified RAH molds in the comic packs.But I suppose that the RAH sales and items are more geared to the collectors than the kids.Who...once again...are Hasbro's prime target.

A few more answers/items of interest:

-Hasbro has obtained GI Joe video game rights back from Atari and they would like to make a new video game.Right now its a matter of pitching a good idea and finding the right developer and publisher for it.

-They are trying to obtain as many molds as possible,its kind of getting repetitive for them to answer this but some molds are just either too damaged to meet their quality and they don't feel like spending the money on repairing them.Then again,I think those decisions are decided by the suits as well.

-Hasbro would like to do more mail-in offers,but thus far there has been no discussion about the next offer that could come up.Someone asked about mail-in offer details and Lagor said that was a good idea and something they could discuss.Thus far,doesn't look like Battle/Flag points can be used to cut cost on orders...I'm sure Hasbro would rather see actual money than pieces of cardboard to support the online stuff. @haha@

-Hasbro quality control does want to make sure paint jobs come out good,but it is impossible to make sure everything comes out "perfect",I'm sure that the new stuff's detailing will be better in terms of the comic and single packs,but the 6-packs seem to be "second rate" to the primary items for sale.

-No news about the TF/GI Joe comic continuing,I'm sure it'll be dropped and scrapped for something new since that was between Devil's Due and Dreamwave.More on it after the Devil's Due roundtable on Saturday I'm sure.

Lagor said he'd like it for as a whole to succeed,their main target is the kids...

If the line's for kids, why sell online at all? His answers make no sense and reek of corporate B.S. I'd hammer him on some follow ups when he's available. His responses fly in the face of the entire online venture. I suppose I shouldn't expect real answers at a Convention, but he can't be let off the hook so easily.

(Just so you know, this isn't an attack on you but frustration and the line of crap Hasbro feeds us. They think us idiots when they speak. :) )

1.) Sunbow's G.I. Joe DVD Season 2, Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will we get it?

Rhino lost the rights to the DVDs/Cartoons cause they let it run out and Sony picked up the copyright so it's up to Sony now... Last heard that Sony wants to start the DVD's over and put out season 1 from scratch...

Hey guys,

I very much appreciate the answers thus far. Yo Joe to Ya!

1.  How will online only sales generate enough revenue to support any new product in the long run?

2.  Why has ARAH been abandoned when it has such a strong collector base and has proven to be a stronger seller than the new sculpts?

Hasbro did address some of these questions and/or similar ones.

1.Bill Lagor said that they want to see the line as a whole succeed.In so many words,since Sigma 6 is their primary focus,it MUST succeed in order for the rest of the line,whether its online or the last few TRU exclusives (Hasbro is stopping TRU exclusives for a while),to benefit as well.JayC himself asked what if Sigma 6 bombs,how will that affect the online stuff,and while Lagor said he'd like it for as a whole to succeed,their main target is the kids...which basically we took as that Sigma 6 must succeed for the rest of the brand to remain afloat.The more money that Hasbro makes from GI Joe,the more of it can go into the different divisions of it.

2.It has been a stronger seller in terms of the 6-packs,I suppose comic packs have been selling well as well.But they apparantly DO NOT hit Hasbro's target market:the kids.They believe their prime source of income is the kids but they model the stuff to also appeal to collectors. Also,it hasn't been entirely abandoned as we see the modified RAH molds in the comic packs.But I suppose that the RAH sales and items are more geared to the collectors than the kids.Who...once again...are Hasbro's prime target.

A few more answers/items of interest:

-Hasbro has obtained GI Joe video game rights back from Atari and they would like to make a new video game.Right now its a matter of pitching a good idea and finding the right developer and publisher for it.

-They are trying to obtain as many molds as possible,its kind of getting repetitive for them to answer this but some molds are just either too damaged to meet their quality and they don't feel like spending the money on repairing them.Then again,I think those decisions are decided by the suits as well.

-Hasbro would like to do more mail-in offers,but thus far there has been no discussion about the next offer that could come up.Someone asked about mail-in offer details and Lagor said that was a good idea and something they could discuss.Thus far,doesn't look like Battle/Flag points can be used to cut cost on orders...I'm sure Hasbro would rather see actual money than pieces of cardboard to support the online stuff. @haha@

-Hasbro quality control does want to make sure paint jobs come out good,but it is impossible to make sure everything comes out "perfect",I'm sure that the new stuff's detailing will be better in terms of the comic and single packs,but the 6-packs seem to be "second rate" to the primary items for sale.

-No news about the TF/GI Joe comic continuing,I'm sure it'll be dropped and scrapped for something new since that was between Devil's Due and Dreamwave.More on it after the Devil's Due roundtable on Saturday I'm sure.

Thanks for the info D!

Draven

Lagor said he'd like it for as a whole to succeed,their main target is the kids...

If the line's for kids, why sell online at all? His answers make no sense and reek of corporate B.S. I'd hammer him on some follow ups when he's available. His responses fly in the face of the entire online venture. I suppose I shouldn't expect real answers at a Convention, but he can't be let off the hook so easily.

(Just so you know, this isn't an attack on you but frustration and the line of crap Hasbro feeds us. They think us idiots when they speak. :) )

I'm with you on that, man. The contradiction.... !!!

If the RAH stuff sells so well, cutting back on it doesn't make sense. But as always, if Hasbro doesn't want our money, what ya' gonna do??

The GIJOE brand has ALWAYS been aimed at kids. The products you love and are a fan of were geared and aimed towards kids.

That the product is now online and geared towards fans and collectors means they are giving the fans and collectors what they want: namely those aforementioned toys geared towards kids.

Hasbro has done the collector-aimed product before--several times in fact.

Those ventures have failed far more than its ever succeeded.

Stuff like the 12" Timeless collection, the FAO Schwarz exclusives, and other collector aimed items like the George Washington, Bob Hope and President Kennedy figure..........all FAILED to sell well.

They ended up being clearanced for the most part--and the retailers made noise about it.

The 40th Anniversary line was pretty much the last stab at it--its not been continued for the on-line store but it IS being continued for the far more exclusive official collectors club. That speaks volumes.

The now infamous quote that they wanted a line that "sold at times other than Christmas" is the other part of it.

GIJOE as a whole was selling, but as a perennial "seasonal" item. it really does not draw the interest at any other time of the year.

Its a KNOWN trusted name brand, but its not got any magnetism outside the Christmas season.

If Hasbro places somes ads regarding the on-line store and product lines then you'll still see those seasonal purchases--but not as many as you would from a brick and mortar store.

Its a concession all the way across the board.

For every sellout phenom, like the first 12" Hall of Fame Duke, 12" Masterpiece Edition GIJOES, and others......you get items that linger on the shelves for months before moving. Stores HATE that, and Hasbro takes that heat. The brand is a core one at Hasbro--they'll always be trying something with it because there's always been JUST ENOUGH interest in the brand to warrant........something. GIJOE is a classic household name.

That's been the history for the past 40 years.

Is it going to make everyone happy?

Ha, fat chance. We are too rough a crowd for that.

Is it going to please most? There's probably going to be quite a few of us that are happy to get almost anything.

But remember, what made us all happy before were toys aimed at kids.

Start changing that and the line stops being what attracted people to it in the first place.

Well now that the convention is over, and I've seen what's coming...There are a few question I wish I could ask now.

Like are the colors on the Cobra HISS that was on Display final, or is possiable to get rid of that ugly gold/green/brown accent color they used on otherwise amazing looking toy?

and What are the chances of seeing the Wave 7 Viper, get rerleased as either a single card of a Army building six pack of some kind?

1.Bill Lagor said that they want to see the line as a whole succeed.In so many words,since Sigma 6 is their primary focus,it MUST succeed in order for the rest of the line,whether its online or the last few TRU exclusives (Hasbro is stopping TRU exclusives for a while),to benefit as well.JayC himself asked what if Sigma 6 bombs,how will that affect the online stuff,and while Lagor said he'd like it for as a whole to succeed,their main target is the kids..

Sounds more like a threat to me.

"Buy S6 or we'll take the whole Joe franchise down in it's failure" is the message. The 3-3/4" line does NOT depend on S6 at all.

Then there's the crap that kids are their biggest concern, but in the end it's us fans who'll be called upon to save the Joe series (again).

2.It has been a stronger seller in terms of the 6-packs,I suppose comic packs have been selling well as well.But they apparantly DO NOT hit Hasbro's target market:the kids.

So? Money is money, and Hasbro should be grateful that 20 years later people are still buying Joe stuff in large enough quantities to cause shortages for most waves, even if we're not kids.

.........and they don't feel like spending the money on repairing them.Then again,I think those decisions are decided by the suits as well.

I'm sure the suits did decide that one. Let some of their best characters slip into oblivion just to be cheap? Definitely a decision only a businessman who doesn't give a rat's ass for Joes would make.