Shockwave And Hardball Customs

Topes

Hey all, I have a couple of more customs done. 1988 was my favorite year for Joes growing up. I'm 25 now, so back then was the year I was super into Joes. It was the only year where I had every figure on the cardback. Joe collecting went kind of downhill after that. Anyways, here's 2 customs for 2 of my favorite characters: Shockwave and Hardball. I went with the Night Force scheme for Shockwave cuz I never owned one as a kid (still don't, and it was way easier to do...). For Hardball, I just went with the original. Please check em out and as always, critiques are more than welcomed.

Topes

10108579hs.jpg

Topes,

Those are REALLY nice! I'm not a big fan of Hardball, but what a great job you did. Shockwave is one of the best versions I've seen, period. And as always . . .let's get the parts list, bub.

-John

Amazing work Topes. Question, how did you do hardball's right arm, and the knife holster on shockwave's chest. Great customs!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I could finnaly make these the guys the way I wanted them to look after winning a lot of BBI figs on ebay. (It's where I got all the addons - pouches, shells, etc...) For those who would like the parts list:

Shockwave

Head - Depth Charge w/ Gung Ho hat

Torso - 88 Shockwave

Upper Arms - ST Night Creeper

Lower Arms - Wide Scope

Waist, Lower Legs - VvV Beachhead

Upper Legs - ST Gung Ho

Hardball

Head - BBI Swat

Torso - Wave 7 Snake Eyes

Arms - VvV Alpine

Waist - CLAWS

Upper Legs - ST Gung Ho

Lower Legs - JvC Duke

TnT - I just dremelled off the handle of the knife and then drilled it to accomodate the Kamakura dagger. For Hardball, he's just holding the original gun in his hand.

Hopefully soon, I'll have Hit & Run and Spearhead ready too. They're next on the list. As well as 88 Storm Shadow, which I know GILTY has been looking for for a while. Thanks again guys...

Topes

Thanks for the comments everyone. I could finnaly make these the guys the way I wanted them to look after winning a lot of BBI figs on ebay. (It's where I got all the addons - pouches, shells, etc...) For those who would like the parts list:

Shockwave

Torso - 88 Shockwave

Lower Arms - Wide Scope

Upper Legs - ST Gung Ho

Hardball

Head - BBI Swat

Arms - VvV Alpine

Waist - CLAWS

Upper Legs - ST Gung Ho

Lower Legs - JvC Duke

TnT - I just dremelled off the handle of the knife and then drilled it to accomodate the Kamakura dagger. For Hardball, he's just holding the original gun in his hand.

Hopefully soon, I'll have Hit & Run and Spearhead ready too. They're next on the list. As well as 88 Storm Shadow, which I know GILTY has been looking for for a while. Thanks again guys...

Topes

You know me I been wait for that one for a while lol! I'm in the city of the con now wit 20+ customs ready for display at the con. Hehe

Topes

I see. In the pic it almost looked like an Overkill arm. OK see it now. Good stuff now.

You did a great job there man, I can't believe how accurate they look. Some people just have the talent, unlike me.

post # 1900 YEY! @band@

• 8 months later...

Shockwave

Torso - 88 Shockwave

Lower Arms - Wide Scope

Upper Legs - ST Gung Ho

Hardball

Head - BBI Swat

Arms - VvV Alpine

Waist - CLAWS

Upper Legs - ST Gung Ho

Lower Legs - JvC Duke

Topes

BUMPDY BUMP HELLO TOPES I'M STILL WAITIN LOL LOL. I already did a v2 Stormy waitin for u lol.

Great work as usual Topes! :)