'special' Extra Convention Piece Question

I got my invoice for the con a few days ago, and this has been bugging me... On the slip of paper attached to the invoice, the final paragraph states:

P.S. Wishing you were attending the convention this year? Here's one more reason to attend! There is a special convention piece that ONLY ATTENDEES will receive who have purchased the General's 12" package or the American Hero 3 3/4" package. You must pick your set up IN PERSON at the convention. No one else can pick it up for you. Non-attending packages will not receive these items.

I happen to be in the crowd that is not able to attend, and this is the first Joe con that I have been following before it starts. Are they simply referring to the vehicle sets and the three figure pack/ drivers pack that are not sold on the site, or is there something else? I'm hoping that there will be enough of these items left over to be sold on the site when the con is done; in the experience of those who have been through this before, is there usually a little bit left over?

Thanks for any info.

I would guess they are talking about the free souvenir vehicle which is a rumored A.G.P.

In the past 3 3/4" collectors got a free Crimson HISS (2002), 3 Hammerhead subs (2003), and a Dreadnok Trike (2004). I hope thats what it is. Anyways they never ever sell them on their site so Ebay or stores like GIJOEHQ will be your only option. Everything else that is left over they sell on the site, though apparently the paracute drop figure may be only available to those who attend this year.

Anyways they never ever sell them on their site so Ebay or stores like GIJOEHQ will be your only option.

Crap, I was under the impression that the 'extras' that are not sold at the con would be put up for sale on their site. I was hoping to get a couple of those Condors for my Iron Anvils, otherwise they'll be jumping from the wings of my AGP squadron. I hope there's not too much of a markup at GI Joe HQ then, otherwise I guess I'll have to beg for some kind soul going to the con to purchase some for me. As if I didn't hate my job enough already.

Im sure the condor will be available through master collector. Only the attendees vehicle wont be available for purchase. Id call master collector a day or two after con, that way you get one before they ever hit the website.

Not every MC member have the luxury/time/convenience/legs/car/etc to attend the con ... doin things like this makes it not much point to join MC.

They should just allow MC members to buy off the site and non-MC ppl only able to buy at the con. It's not like MC membership is FREE.

Well that does bring up the question of, What do they do with the left overs?

I know they must make as many as they do sets and when all the sets don't sell then what happens? You can buy a membership at the con with the exclusives and still get the vehicle so what about the rest of them?

Well that does bring up the question of, What do they do with the left overs?

I know they must make as many as they do sets and when all the sets don't sell then what happens? You can buy a membership at the con with the exclusives and still get the vehicle so what about the rest of them?

They give them to powerjedi and mudnemo to sell on Ebay ;)

I just hope I get a chance to grab some cool Destro vehicles. I am surprised and pleased that this entire box set deals with the Iron Grenadiers, instead of cutting down on his men simply to add a couple of Joes in the set. I realize there will be non-Destro affiliated figures released in either or both of the two figure set and three figure set. I welcome this as long as it's something interesting and worthwhile like members of the Oktober Guard. The thing is that my favorite faction is Destro's Iron Grenadiers, and this is the best opportunity to get some more officially sanctioned and recognized Iron Grenadier vehicles, even though they are simply repaints of previously released designs. I hadn't heard anything prior to this about the Condor idea being scrapped, but then again it was never confirmed. I wouldn't mind at least getting one new airborne vehicle (aside from the repainted 'stealth' AGP). I hope to see the size of my army of Iron Grenadiers rise appreciably after this con, though it will cost me some bucks.

I guess I wasn't clear. ONLY the free vehicle does not get sold on their site after the show.

The other vehicles and figure packs always end up on there. The parachute figures were sold there but brian has made it sound like the only way to get them this year is by attending.

I feel we stay at home guys should still get the freebies. I understand WHY we do not but, still think if we pay our $210 like teh attendees we should get them as well. It sucks some of us can't go because of work or other finacial obligations. But rest assured they will still somehow get my $400-500 for all the con goodies within the next month.

okay, let me try to clear this up..

The only thing at-home members are guaranteed to get is the Box-set and a bagged set if they order it.

For those who attend the convention, there are more items available.

With your attendee package you get:

Boxed Set

Bagged set (if you ask for it, 100 bucks extra)

1 parachute figure (if they are doing a drop that year)

1 FREE attendee exclusive vehicle

THEN, you can also purchase Exclusive SOUVENIRS from the MC booth..

if there are extras, the SOUVENIRS will be sold on the website afterwards, the attendee exclusive will NOT. I think any extra parachute figures will also be sold online.

Last year, the extra Morays, Stuns, and figure packs were offered online.. the Dreadnok Tricycle wasn't.

You will never have a chance to buy the extra attendee exclusive vehicle. HOWEVER, I believe that they are offered at the next year's convention in exchange for that year's exclusive. So this year, attendees might be able to get last year's Dreadnok tricycle instead of whatever is offered with this set.

OK, thanks for clearing that up, I was worried I was REALLY going to miss out. If the only thing I miss out on is the stealth AGP, I'm OK. Now all I need to worry about is there being enough of the other items left for online sale by the time I get to order.

I sort of wonder what the parachute figure is going to be. It sort of seems that the Iron Anvil would be the perfect choice given his primary function, but I guess it's unlikely that they'd drop the same figure they're including in the set. Perhaps it's best they don't do the Iron Anvil after all, since according to their file card they prefer to drop without their chutes--that could hurt. :)