It's Official, And I Hate It..

cobia123

The Yanks are ditching the house that Ruth built for a new stadium to be opened some time around 2009, costing 800$ million. It is rumored that the current stadium will be turned into some sort of museum. I grew up at Yankee stadium, it depresses me to see it go. I always thought one day when my kids were born I would take them down to Yankee stadium just like my dad has done to me the last 17 years of my life. It annoys me to know that my kids will never see a game there, but instead, will only see plaques and memorials of what once took place there. It angers me not only in an emotional way, but in an economical way too. Whenever me, my brother, and my dad go we always take this sort of secret back entrance where we can park right outside the stadium and not have to pay a dime for parking, it really is nice. Unfortunately, it will not be that way anymore when the new stadium opens, and im sure the prices for parking and tickets will be a nice hefty price. All I can do now is let myself know that I was lucky to have experienced the grandeur of Yankee stadium while it lasted.

My brother feels that all the magic of Yankee stadium is lost because the Red Sox won the world series, which in some way is true, but it does not hide the fact that the building has history. I will miss it.

Yankee Stadium- R.I.P 1923-2009

Yankees should not leave the house that Ruth built. Don't be stupid! I don't know why they need so much luxury boxes for baseball games. @hmmm@ They will be making a big big big MISTAKE if they do leave.

I know what it's like to have that classic old park that you'd hate to see go. I loved old Comiskey Park and I was a little bummed at first about getting a new park, and seeing the old one go, but in the end it turned out to be SO MUCH better! The same goes for the old Chicago Stadium, that place SO ROCKED!

Look at the bright side, you'll still have old Yankee Stadium to visit instead of it being torn down like old Comiskey and the Chicago Stadium were. (now if they'd only blow up Wrigley Field! @razz@ )

From what I understand of the new Yankee Stadium, it's going to basically be a replica of the original Yankee Stadium, only a lot more comfortable. Take it from me, once you go into that new stadium for the first time, all those bad feelings will melt away. The wider concourses and modern conviences, not to mention clean new bathrooms, will all make going to the game a bit more enjoyable.

If I know anything about big George, he'll go all out to make sure every detail of the new park is nothing less than perfect, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Trust me, you may hate it now but when the time comes you'll end up loving it!

That does suck i am a huge Yankee fan and have been my whole life (have family in NY/NJ)...living in Florida my whole life you dont get many chances to see games...the Yankees used to do Spring training here in Ft Lauderdale for years, but now its freakin Baltimore...and when they came here for interleauge play i was extatic and then the World Series against the Marlins whoa i couldnt contin myself...anyways i went to one game in Yankee Stadium and i tell you it was AMAZING....sorry to hear its going bye bye in 2009 maybe i can catch another game before then...