Who Should Play The Joker...

Glaken

mark hamil would be good if he looked remotely like the joker

It's all about the make-up. Just because Mark doesn't have a massive jaw, doesn't mean he couldn't do it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of two people who can play joker in the bat movies

1.Mark Hamil the voice of the joker for as I can remeber but i think he is to old to play him in the movie

skyprec.jpg

2.michael madsen he can act and he has the look of joker but not the voice

mm.jpg

but now if use marks voice with michael looks you would have the perfect joker

just becuz he has the voice doesnt mean he can. i personaly wouldnt want him to do it. i think that voice was better for the cartoon but not a movie

You're right since sometimes it works for one thing, but not theo ther. Hamill's voice is too comical for the movie and may make it campy. Not sure if he has the acting talent to pull off a sinister, yet festive villian since a voice is crap without the needed acting skills.

here's the front runner for the Joker.

Actor Vincent Cassel has emerged as front-runner to play the villainous 'Joker' in the upcoming "BATMAN BEGINS" sequel, now being fast-tracked by Warner Bros. Pictures for a 2006 start, according to a studio insider.

"Cassel has the aquiline 'Joker' look as well as 'genre' film experience," noted the rep.

Cassel starred in director Chris Gans' period monster-actioner "Brotherhood Of The Wolf", big screen comic book adaptation "Blueberry" and contributed voice work on DreamWorks' "Shrek".

The 39-year old Cassel is married to actress Monica Bellucci.

casselbrotherhoodwolf.jpg

Personally, this guy has the look. I hope he gets the part.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the idea of Crispin Glover as the Joker. He's like Gary Oldman in that he just kinda blends into whatever role he does, so you'll actually see thoe Joker, instead of "Crispin Glover as the Joker".

I don't think Mark Hamill is right for the Joker, but I don't think he should be completely left out either. I have long held to the idea that he would make an absolutely perfect Mad Hatter. Think about it...he's the right height and build, and can really bring that manic, bizarre energy that the character would need to actually be a threat on-screen.

As for other characters, Adrian Brody would actually have been my choice for the Scarecrow, he's definately got the acting chops, and he's thin and wirey enough that he could pull off the "contortionist" aspect of the character that the new movie decided to ignore. I do like the idea of Sam Rockwell as the Riddler, that's inspired. If you want voice actors who could play the live-action part, what about Richard Moll for Harvey Dent?

And maybe we could eventually get the original choice for Mr. Freeze before Arnold came and camped it up...Patrick Stewart.

Actor Vincent Cassel has emerged as front-runner to play the villainous 'Joker' in the upcoming "BATMAN BEGINS" sequel, now being fast-tracked by Warner Bros. Pictures for a 2006 start, according to a studio insider.

"Cassel has the aquiline 'Joker' look as well as 'genre' film experience," noted the rep.

Cassel starred in director Chris Gans' period monster-actioner "Brotherhood Of The Wolf", big screen comic book adaptation "Blueberry" and contributed voice work on DreamWorks' "Shrek".

I like his look, I'd buy it if he was Joker....

-Nuff Said

I like his look, I'd buy it if he was Joker....

-Nuff Said

He has the look, but does he have the talent to pull of Joker?

The thing about Dafoe is, he probably wouldn't want the part. Actors are very concerned about getting typecast, and they or their agents usually try to make sure that they play a variety of different roles.

For a part like this, they want someone who will generate buzz. With Dafoe, people might be inclined to think "I've seen that picture before".

On the other hand, some of the names I've seen in this thread are just too "small" for this picture. Christian Slater? He's a has-been. He hasn't had a hit in forever, and execs would not count on him to bring people into the theater.

Mark Hamill is an interesting choice - not a big star exactly, but a household name nonetheless. Would that casting generate buzz? Maybe, but mostly among the fanboy types who are going to see the picture anyhow.

The casting of Jack Nicolson was big at the time because he brought credibility to a genre that a lot of people did not believe could sell tickets anymore. That of course is not the case today, as comic movies dominate. So I'm inclined to guess that movie execs will not want to open their wallets for a mega star of Nicolson's caliber. Nicolson got points on Batman (box office and video, as I recall). This meant that he in effect assumed some of the risk if the picture tanked. That in not much of a concern with Begins 2.

So to me, it seems like the studio will want a young actor who has some real acting credibility, but does not demand a mega paycheck. People like Adrian Brody or Alan Cumming seem to fit the bill, with Jude Law being perhaps a bit too expensive.

My choice would be Jude Law, because I think he'd bring some real sophistication to the role, although it sometimes bugs me when Brits do imperfect American accents.

Shawn

Okay...see, again, we need a combination of three things (which we could narrow down to two if Hamill would do the voice-over, and he could do a maniacal Joker, as seen in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker...you want to hear psychotic? Listen to him there):

1. Physical appearance. I know many say that "make-up" can go a long way, but in some of these cases, not even Hollywood magic could help them. Mark Hamill is one of them. I'm sorry, but the guy looks nothing like the Joker. He's short, he's more overweight for the role than Nicholson was at the time, and his face is too round. For those who say it would cost too much to dub over the body-actor, guess what? It would cost even more to make Mark up everyday in all of the heavy-duty prosthetics that would be required. The same goes for pretty much everyone who has been mentioned but is either too old to be the Joker or looks nothing like him (and please be honest with yourselves...some of these suggestions are, honestly, just very poor attempts to get a favorite actor's name out there. Few of them have the physical look of the Joker).

2. The acting prowess. While we all love actors, let's face it: Hollywood has two A-lists. The first A-list is the A-list that has award-winning actors who know how to act and win awards /for/ their great acting. The other A-list is the A-list that has actors that are just popular and are in popular movies. The former A-list has actors such as Adrien Brody, Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Guy Pearce, Cillian Murphy, and the like. These are people who can /act/, and are not just famous for the sake of being famous. The other A-list has actors such as Bruce Willis, Gary Busey, Steven Segal, Christian Slater, etc. These people, while good in certain roles, are not SO good that you completely forget about them as actors while watching a film. In the Burton/Schumacher films, the second, fame-filled A-list was the one to use. Batman Begins, I'd like to believe, has transcended that and is now picking from the first A-list. Again, please be honest with yourselves about these other actors.

3. He has to have the voice. In the case of Vincent Cassel, he looks the part and has proven himself in terms of acting (though he doesn't look like the Joker in Ocean's Twelve). The problem, then, is that...he's French. That means that he will have to try extra hard to drop the accent, and even then, it will most likely come through. Now, this can be easily remedied: just have Mark Hamill do a voice-over. However, I doubt this would happen.

Based on the three criteria, I would have to say that my first choice is still Adrien Brody, with Crispin Glover now moved up to an equal position.

i clicked a link, somwhere on this thread i think, and it sent me to a page about the joker's origion..also had a link to mark hamill's page, and there it said somwhere at the bottom that he was a top contender for the role of the joker in batman begins two.

now where this info came from i don't know, but to me that would be the #$##. I mean he's got the perfect voice for it, and really i can't think of anyone else doing the voice for the joker.

You guys will more than likely say I'm nuts but I could see Denis Leary as The Joker.

hmm...He's thin enough,got the built-in killer smile,can go from sane to crazy at the drop of a dime. It's a possibility. Only things that might hold him back are his age and if he can get around his filming of Rescue Me. Although if Wizard wants Mel Gibson to play Two-Face,I don't see Denis's age being a problem.

MARK HAMILL IS TOO FREAKEN OLD YOU IDIOTS!!!! Not to mention that he looks nothing like him . Adrian Brody is an obvious choice.

Or maybe Micheal Jackson, he's crazy and has got the look down.

MARK HAMILL IS TOO FREAKEN OLD YOU IDIOTS!!!! Not to mention that he looks nothing like him . Adrian Brody is an obvious choice.

We want an adversary for BATMAN... not Robin!!!!

first off, there is no reason to call us idiot's, and second, no actor looks like him without makeup...and mark hamil doesn't look that old...plus hollywood can take 10 years to your appearence.