#50 Rots Anakin Skywalker On Mustafar Review

Behold, Galvatron!

Ok this time I got some pics for this review but well, they aren't great by any strech but it'll get the point across

anak.jpg

toasty.jpg

Sculpt Here's a theme for this figure that will be prevalient: Toasty good, Anakin bad. No really, it is that simple. The burns and tears on Toasty Anakin are fantastic but normal Anakin is simplistic as anything.

Also may as well touch on the battle damage feature here, the arms and legs are attached by plug and remove without too much effort, the ball heads are great as Anakin's head is NOT a mask. However, there is an issue with this figure. With the Toasty head on, the robe fits like a glove with it being a little above the shoulders but not too noticably. With the Anakin head on, well, not so well. It seems to be higher than the toasty head and thus the robe doesn't wrap around as well. Looks ok from the front but from the sides it looks pretty bad, def a disapointment

Toasty Anakin 4/5 Normal Anakin 2.5/5 Overall 3/5

str.jpg

Articulation BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh wait, u serious? I actually have to review this catagory? :( In one of the few instances of a deluxe being better in this line, Operating table Vader has better articulation! (ok the ball head here is more useful than Vader's waist but its basically the same!) Poor Toasty Anakin gets arms, legs and swivel lower legs (due to how they are removed) and ball joint heads (although in the hood its not too useful). Now I can understand somewhat that removable ball joint arms would have been a little difficult but no wrists, elbow cuts or waist articulation (which would have been VERY easy)? Pathetic. 1.5/5

Paint Could have been better, the parts on toasty Anakin are great and detailed while the ones on Anakin are simplistic and sloppy such as his flesh hand getting on the robe (had to use nail polish remover to fix that)

Toasty Anakin 5/5 Anakin 2/5 Overall 3.5/5

accessories.jpg

Accessories No complaints here, removable lower legs, switchable arms, ball heads (yep, the Anakin head is NOT a mask contrary to popular belief), robe and a lightsaber round it out. Also one note: none of Rebuild Vader's parts save the helmet fit on this figure 5/5

What would have happened to Anakin had he not lost his potiental? !:

moffsky.jpg

Moff Skywalker baby!

Overall I really don't know what to say, I LOVE the concept of this figure, the interchangable parts, Toasty Anakin and that he can go on the operating table. However I do NOT like the simplistic Anakin and the fact that his robe doesn't seem to wrap around him right with his normal head. Is this the best Anakin figure in the line? Oh hell no, #28 Anakin's alot better. I'd say he's better than #2 Anakin based on the interchangable parts and he doesn't have AA crap. Had a little more effort gone into this guy with fixing his robe, making the normal anakin parts look a little better, adding some wrist, waist and arm cut articulation, I wouldn't be so harsh on him but the fact is this could have been better. For 6 dollars its not all that bad, but don't pay anymore its not worth it. Basically if you want a burnt anakin figure its a winner, but if you're getting him for the normal Anakin look he's not that great (his robe doesn't fit great on 28 and the colors don't match the arms). His accessories and display value do give him points and thus he's not the worst figure in the line

Toasty Anakin 4.5/5 (not much could have been improved on) Anakin (ALOT could have been improved on) 2/5 Overall 2.75-3/5

PalpAn.jpg

operating.jpg

anavad.jpg

anakincomp.jpg

hoodcomp.jpg

i got the new figures last night, seems pretty cool.

Found this wave at Walmart this afternoon, passed on R2D2(for now, his light and sound thing is actually cool) and anakin, picked up bacara. Bacara's pauldroon and waistcoat have a peg buckle thing(like #33 clone commander's waist coat) so it's an easy swap to a #41 clone(once you remove HIS belt). Only problem is the neck on the #41 is too short and makes the helmet go to his left but it's fairly solid and I can easily scoop out some of the plastic so it'll fit better.

the normal Anakin is a bit dissapointing, but I definatly want to pick this figure up! the burnt Ani looks nice.

I've yet to see a decent anikin figure but I like this one pretty much, plus its a key moment ... One thing that pisses me off though is that obi did not just kill anikin ...

I mean if I had a "brother" burning to death you can sure as hell bet I'd put the "light saber" to em just to finish em off & end his pain if anything ... of CORSE I understand WHY he had to live but after seeing it I just can't really see someone walking away from that ...

Found 2 Bacara's (Bought one, stashed another) and 2 R2s today, but could not find a damn #50 Anakin. There were 3 #28s, but no fiftys Grr... It only adds to my anger that my mom said I couldn't have my Bacara until after I finish my school 'No Extra Credit, its just a Challenge' project.. @grumpy@

And to top that off, I haven't even seen the Tarkin wave in stores... @grumpy@

Sorry...

I look forward to finding an Anakin. He looks cool, but from the pictures provided, I'm not reconsidering...