Will You Add Any Of The New Marvel Showdown Figs

martini_847

Yep, pretty much my whole reason for getting them.

me too.

Theyre superheroes, being a little taller than regular humans isnt that uncommon.

I agree... I do not have a problem with some of them being a bit taller than joes... except for Wolverine... I always thought he was supposed to be short.

Not that it matters to me because I won't be incorporating them into my joeverse anyway. While I accept that things in joe-land are somewhat sci-fi and unrealistic, I don't really see a place for super heros in their world. Joe has (to me) never been about bigger than life powers or abilities. It is about the average every day "Joe" fighting for freedom and defeating terrorism. Superheros would ad an eliment that I don't want in my joeverse.

But I still plan on picking up a few of the showdown figures anyway. I like the scale and they do look pretty cool.

Pardon me for soundin dum but what the heck are these figure u guys are talkin about? Anyone have pics?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=23&itemid=7428

Yes! Every one! My Joeverse has been planted firmly in the middle of the Marvel Universe since I was a kid. I know Hama says it's not so, but theres just too much evidence to the contrary (JJ Jameson outside the Cobra Consulate, "Hey look it's Moon Knight!", The whole Joe-Transformers-Spiderman thing) for anything else IMHO.

Bring em on!!!

Joe has (to me) never been about bigger than life powers or abilities. It is about the average every day "Joe" fighting for freedom and defeating terrorism.

Lets see...

Android soldiers, Ninjas, V-Troops, individual dynamic skin-tight costumes, Ninjas, Mechs, Holograms, standard issue lasers, ninjas, Austrailian Road Warriors, megalomaniacal villains who constantly wear masks and have access to infinate amounts of men and hardware, Ninjas, tyrants formed from the DNA of histories greatest conquerors, grand sweeping plans that put the lives and freedoms of billions into question. Including, but not limited to clones, mind controlling animals, poisoning currency

Oh, and Ninjas.

Youre right. The presense of Captain America and Spider-Man would totally throw off the gritty die-hard realism.

I'll be getting these. Finally the Punnisher can punish the Dreadnok scum who are seceretly working for KingPin to gain access to COBRA Tech.

When are these figures being released, and where? Maybe someone will answer this question for me...lol.

These are due out in July/August at your local comic shop and TRU.

If they were avalible at Wal*Mart instead of being lame TRU exclusives i'd be all over em, but since i don't have a TRU no thanks.

Though its true some would work well with Joes, Captain America, Hulk, Ironman hehehe.

Maybe they will sell good enough for WM to notice and then they will ask for em hehe.