New Comic Pack Dreadnoks On Ebay

Duck Face

originally posted by kjaer21

Which Marval issue do you think that the Buzzer, Ripper and Thrasher is based on? I have no clue?

I would guess #51 because Buzzer and Ripper are pictured without Torch. And while Thrasher is not on the cover, the Thunder Machine is. And Thrasher originally came with the Thunder Machine back in the day.

They may deem him too obscure to warrant having 2 new action figures out in the same year.

@loll@

Yeah right! Ive seen more obscure characters released twice in a year by Hasbro (Ripper, Mirage)

That's not quite correct. Ripper was released in 2003 alongside Duke followed by another two pack with Roadblock in 2004. Mirage was indeed available twice in 2002. I personally don't consider any pre 1988 Real American Hero character to be obscure but I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro views individual Dreadnoks as too unimportant to receive 2 new molds per year.

OmegaHarbinger

Kinda annoyed Torch is MIA. I mean, they don't have the mold probably, but they didn't have any of the Oktober Guard molds, they merely kitbashed all the bodies but Horrorshow's. Same with Flagg, and the Baroness, Destro, Red Ninja...none of which were "comic book" accurate molds. Heck, they didn't even try hard with the Baroness. Her original outfit would actually be better represented by using Scarlett v1's body.

I think it's a little more likely that Hasbro overlooked Torch since he was already included in the 2005 Valor Vs. Venom lineup. They may deem him too obscure to warrant having 2 new action figures out in the same year.

OmegaHarbinger

Nope it was the loss of the original mold that has no Torch in it. It would just have been costly to great a new head, chest, etc.

Draven

Well, they would have remolded the head anyway. I don't think it would have been too difficult to frankenstein a body (presuming the "right" parts were available).

Personally, I think it was just easier to JUST do a head (Horrorshow was a special case). That has been the only change made (though I could be mistaken), with the rest of the body being complete.

Kinda annoyed Torch is MIA. I mean, they don't have the mold probably, but they didn't have any of the Oktober Guard molds, they merely kitbashed all the bodies but Horrorshow's. Same with Flagg, and the Baroness, Destro, Red Ninja...none of which were "comic book" accurate molds. Heck, they didn't even try hard with the Baroness. Her original outfit would actually be better represented by using Scarlett v1's body.

I think it's a little more likely that Hasbro overlooked Torch since he was already included in the 2005 Valor Vs. Venom lineup. They may deem him too obscure to warrant having 2 new action figures out in the same year.

OmegaHarbinger

Nope it was the loss of the original mold that has no Torch in it. It would just have been costly to great a new head, chest, etc.

Draven

Well, they would have remolded the head anyway. I don't think it would have been too difficult to frankenstein a body (presuming the "right" parts were available).

Personally, I think it was just easier to JUST do a head (Horrorshow was a special case). That has been the only change made (though I could be mistaken), with the rest of the body being complete.

Yes that is why we are not getting a Torch. Horror show was the special exception. They don't see Torch as worthy of fan demand I guess. Oh well I want one.

Draven