Saw The New 6 Packs Today

Crimson Twins

Well, I was window shopping in TRU today (cause I'm broke), and I came across the Imperial Procession set, and the Winter Operations. I have to say, these are two of the ugliest 6 pack sets I've ever seen. The Imperial set really ticked me off. As an army builder, I was going to buy several of this set for the 'crimson range vipers'. But when I saw them yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to even think about buying a set. Those pieces just don't seem to match up to me. Maybe they would look better if they were all done in the same colors, but with arms being a different colors from the torso, and the torso being different from the waist and legs, it just came off as looking like crap. Then there was CC. With his black lower arms?! Did I miss something here? What is that black supposed to match? The only decent figure in the whole set was the Baronnes, and she still looked odd with the little neck that didn't quite seem to fit her body.

Then there was the Winter set. I was going to try to get this set, if only for the weapons. I couldn't bring myself to have 6 pieces of useless, 'winter' soldiers. I think the character choice turned me off more than anything. Snake Eyes? Backblast and Short Fuze? These guys fit in an arctic team about as well as Firefly does in the Crimson set. What about Blizzard or Sub Zero? I know Avalanche was a BF2000 guy, and he really looks OK as one of those type characters, but just doesn't fit as an arctic guy to me. I think 'Frostbite' was the only one I could buy as a winter soldier. And while Mirage has a neat little gimmick going for him now, he just doesn't seem to fit in this set.

These are all my opinions, and I'm sure I'll hear about how great these guys are from the people that already shelled out $40 bucks for the two sets. Me personally, that $40 can be spent on something much better.

yup i agree with you both theyre really bad. if they did them like the card art colors they would of been great.

I thought about doing a Snake Eyes custom based on the card art. I think with a VvV Frostbite boday, and the Single Pack Snake Eyes head, you'r have a pretty acurate LBC.

On another note, the Winter Set looks more like an Urban set to me the more I look at them.

I was all Gung Ho about the I.P. until I had it in my hands. The cheap choice of paint really hurt these figures. They look like Funskool not Hasbro. On the Flipside the Art is among the best Ive ever seen

Well, I agree on a lot of points here but I must point out that I beleive the Snake-Eyes in the Winter Ops pack to be one of the best figures that I've seen in a long time. You can even forget that it's supposed to be an Artic version and use him for Urban warfare.

yup i agree with you both theyre really bad. if they did them like the card art colors they would of been great.

I thought about doing a Snake Eyes custom based on the card art. I think with a VvV Frostbite boday, and the Single Pack Snake Eyes head, you'r have a pretty acurate LBC.

On another note, the Winter Set looks more like an Urban set to me the more I look at them.

that would look pretty good imo let me know if you try it. i would but i used my 1 frostbite for my frostbite custom.

I bought them both, but they both arent really that great. The crimson range vipers are VERY, VERY mediocre, and the whole set isnt very "crimson" if you know what i mean. More like maroon. On a side note though, the weapons in the arctic set are pretty sweet.

-saboteur

Call me crazy...........go ahead but I really like the WInter set from what I have seen.

The Crimson set is a iffy one to me. I too would have prefered just a straight Range Viper mold use.

Draven

I've seen both sets, and quite honestly I think they're okay...not great. In the Winter set, I love the Snake-Eyes and Blizzard figures, but that's about it. And I can live without the Imperial Procession set; it's not all that bad, but the "throne" and flags looked cheap to me, although I kinda liked the Baroness and Cobra Commander figures pretty well.

My problem is that I passed on the Crimson Command sets, and now I can't find anymore. (sob)

Call me crazy...........go ahead but I really like the WInter set from what I have seen.

The Crimson set is a iffy one to me. I too would have prefered just a straight Range Viper mold use.

Draven

You're crazy. I think you're just saying that because you went and ordered one from Amazon. Now you're trying to make yourself think it was a wise purchase. @smilepunch@ Or something like that.

Jase

=w=

I like the sets quite well. Some of the glimmer faded on the winter set once I got it home and checked it out (still havent opened it yet though), But its still a nice set I think.

And I love the art of Baroness, CC, and the troops on the back of the Imperical Procession set

Draven

You're crazy. I think you're just saying that because you went and ordered one from Amazon. Now you're trying to make yourself think it was a wise purchase. @smilepunch@ Or something like that.

Jase

=w=

@hmmm@ Maybe.......... @loll@

I do really like the SE, Blizzard and Snow Job though.

Draven