What's The Best Deal You Ever Got On A Transformer

Mike

What's the best deal you ever got on a transformer toy? Gifts don't count.

Mine would be, I think the G1 MIB complete Skylinx I got for $51 dollars 2 years ago.

well....recently picked up e ironhide for only 20 bucks... and e grimlock n beach comber for 20 were cheap too i guess... but beside those ... been ripped off way too much... damn the aussie price for toys

The first two Transformers I ever got back in 1984. My best friend Willy Diaz gave me Hound and Ratchet. Thanks Willy!

My most recent great deal I got was a lot on ebay with 2 Soundwaves both had everything except 1 missile (who needs 3 anyway!), and a Topspin and Twin twist in EXCELLENT condition. The lot cost me I think it was...$25 + shipping.

I was able to sell one of the Soundwaves off for what I paid for the entire lot, so basically I got a near complete Soundwave and Topspin & Twin twist for free. :D

My parents used to give me MISB G1 TFs for free....those were the best deals  ;)

Until you ripped them open.... @loll@

I always rip mine open. I don't believe in MISb. I'm a MISB-infidel :D

What's the best deal you ever got on a transformer toy? Gifts don't count.

Mine would be, I think the G1 MIB complete Skylinx I got for $51 dollars 2 years ago.

I'll give you $52 for it :)

That is a good deal!

Best TF deal for me, would be g1 omega supreme for $30 mint with everything but loose! How could I pass up! Though he was missing a yellow clip but pftt...

Hmm. Well about 3 years ago I got a case fresh MISB reissue Ginra for about $30.00 shipped. About 4 years ago I got an awesome MISB G1 Kup for $30.00 at a comic shop. This thing was perfect! I sold it awile later for $50.00. Ah well. Also just recently got a bunch of Hasbro reissues off Ebay for around $10.00 each after shipping.

When I was a kid, one time when I found the then-new Powermaster Optimus Prime, my dad found out I wanted it really bad, and to my suprise he bought it for me. Wasn't my birthday or anything. That's a cool memory for me. And there was this other time a friend of mine wanted some of my older G.I. Joes, and he bought me a couple of brand-new Headmasters I wanted to soften me up for a trade. (He was an only child and had money.) I've regretted trading some of those figures over the years, but I really think I came out on top on that deal.

As an adult I guess the two best deals I got were getting a TRU Commemorative Edition Optimus Prime for twenty-five bucks new at a convention and an Armada Unicron for the same price at a KB. The Prime had been opened, but he had never been removed from his twisty-ties, nor had the labels been applied. And at the time he was going for upwards to sixty/seventy bucks on eBay. I thought that was a pretty good deal. And I still see Unicron from time to time for his regular fifty-dollar price tag.

I may have gotten better deals, but those are the two I remember off the top of my head right now.

Probably a boxed Grand Max for about $380 (shipped from Japan). Still need a part here or there though - but otherwise, great shape.

My best deal was simultaneously buying all three Firecons mint on C8.5 cards for $14 each and all 3 Sparkabots mint on C8.5 cards for $15 each back in 1999. Six sealed Transformers from 1988 for $87 is not bad at all. I was pleased find an Action Master Jackpot MOC for $14 in 1998 as well.

OmegaHarbinger

e omega i got mispriced at kb for $36 or so

20th prime for $50 before it came out due to a shippin error by bbts

for free, i found an armada deadend minicon [the one that came wit unicron] in my tru parkin lot

minor scratches, but hes ok

A few more great deals I got...

Bulkhead and Landmine 2 pack for $14 at Walmart.

An E-Unicron for FREE! :D

Most of a Piranacon I got in a $20 lot (that I didn't even know were there when I bid on the lot) that I ended up selling for $50.

Several E-combiner limbs that the girl at the register somehow didn't ring up.

An E-Ultra Magnus for $18 at Target LONG after they were gone from stores and were already fetching $70+ on ebay.

A complete g1 Abominus for $35 on ebay and a near complete Computron for $30.

That's about the best of them as far I can remember.

@smiletransform@