It Has Begun

Crimson Twins

Local Wal-Marts where I live haven't stocked Joes very well in two years. Often they didn't carry them at all. No doubt as part of their "bully Hasbro until Joes are made OUR way" strategy.

I wonder about the closet G.I.Joe collectors, who don't have access to a computer, that don't even know about the online store?

They're screwed, especially the ones in smaller towns where Wal-Mart is the only one that would carry them.

Well, anytime you meet a fellow Joe collector in the aisle, make conversation and bring it up.. Then again it comes down to a matter of one being able top adapt. Those who cannot, will not continue collecting.

BUT...hopefully Hasbro has anticipated collector demand and will have plenty available to everybody. I sure hope so...

I would hope so, too. But, the reality of the case assortments leads me to believe that if you don't get your CG's quick, you won't get them at all.

wasn't there an issue (maybe 1-2 yrs ago) that hasbro wanted to stop selling their joes to walmart. Walmart was basically forcing them to sell the figs for way under retail and that hasbro would make little to no profit on the figs? hasbro agreed to send more to target and tru in way of exclusives and such. My walmart used to have a ton of joe stuff and then basically kept only the 12" figs and 1 peg full of the 3"3/4 after this happened.

walmart has been known to do this with other items in their store (particularly food items). i think they forced vlassic pickles bankrupt (the original company was bought by another one, so they are still in the supermarkets today) because they wanted them to sell their product for some low price and the company basically lost a ton of money for the amount of product produced. I guess hasbro did not want to forced into the same situation.

I remember last year hearing about Wal-Mart selling Joes at a reduced price in an attempt to 'cheapen' the product. I don't know how much truth there is to it, but Wal-Mart is the first store in my area to drop the Joe line for good. They've got no listing of them on the new planograms I've seen. And they've taken down the peg labels that had Joes on them, and given them to the Corps. Maybe Wal-Mart thinks losing Joe is not a big deal. And in the grand scheme of things, G.I. Joe was not keeping Wal-Mart afloat by any means, so I don't think they'll be missed all that much. Unfortunately. But this could be speculation, and they could surprise us all by being the ones with a huge amount of stock of the new stuff. Highly unlikely, but a man can dream can't he?

Hasbro is already advertising the online store in the newest toy magazines, and guess what they have on the advertisement?

Limited Quanities

@grumpy@

I don't mind ordering them online. My major concern is not being able to look at the paint aps before buying.

Gah! I hadn't considered that Jase! That's one thing I did like about buying at brick-and-mortar stores, the option to pick out the best-painted figures in person. Oh well. But y'know, last time I ordered Joes online, I ordered Wave 7 from Entertainment Earth, and I was concerned about the paint apps. But suprisingly, every-single two-pack had great paint jobs. And I find usually the problems with paint apps tend to be with the TRU exclusives and not as much with the regular figures. I guess I'll let you guys know when my order arrives sometime in July.

P.S. My order includes two Crimson Guards. And I'd eventually like to have at least twelve. Do you guys think that's a reasonable army-building number? And do you think it'll be hard to get ahold of that many?