Ultra Sa Clonetrooper Custom

Mr Nobody

I know, the 'pose' isn't exactly complimentary, but I wanted you to know what I was trying to do, so @nana@ j/k

A sidenote: I didn't realize this until I started taking it apart: the AT-TE gunners body is one molded piece! It was a real pain getting the section of the abdomen out that keeps the legs attached.

can you post us the parts that are used, I'm interested.. my buddy is trying this, though haven't heard from him, he's supposed to cast me some super-duper poseable clones, but I haven't seen them yet... is that the tank gunner chest, if so, was it hard to do the should pieces?

thanks!

-Joe

Arg.

I'm trying to do this to. Using the a #41 from the belt up, and a gunner from the belt down. But I can't find another gunner figure anywhere. I used the only gunner I had to make a more posable clone commander.

I may have to invest in casting supplies.

Finally, we get to see the perfect Clonetrooper. My lazy butt has been waiting for someone to do this for months. Now, when is someone going to make custom gun turrets without using the hinges from the "clone pilot w/gun turrets hinges." Great job good sir!

can you post us the parts that are used, I'm interested.. my buddy is trying this, though haven't heard from him, he's supposed to cast me some super-duper poseable clones, but I haven't seen them yet... is that the tank gunner chest, if so, was it hard to do the should pieces?

thanks!

-Joe

Nope, not the AT-TE, this the quickdraw clone's torso and arms, with the mechanisms removed and the hip area hollowed out for the AT-TE leg setup

f3c0fa04.jpg

Here's the parts list:

--------------------------

head/helmet/neckpeg = AT-TE

torso = QD

arms = QD

thighs/hip core = AT-TE

lower legs/knee articulation = QD

Here you can see what 'fun' I had trying to get that chunk out of the AT-TE crotch away from body (again, the body is one big lump of molded plastic). Afterwards, I had to 'widdle' it down to fit into the QD body while retaining enough 'meat' to keep the hips in. There's a little too much 'play' in it inside the QD body now for my tastes, but it will probably be glued in place when I finish it up.

f3c0fa05.jpg

Here's how the AT-TE parts break down:

f3c0fa01.jpg

Here it is with no glare:

f3c0f9fc.jpg

The two major hangups I can forsee are that the neckpeg will not have a lot to hold on to I glue it in place (that connector plug you see between the arms keeps the right arm from being loose inside the body, due to the action feature), and that I really hate how stubby the AT-TE thighs are and would like to somehow attach the QD legs to the hip setup. In retrospect, it would've probably been easier just to attach the QD arms to the AT-TE instead. But, I like the shiny look of the QD, so that's what I'm going for. :)

those last few pics remind me of the old marvel iron man toys lol, with all the snap on accessorys, ah what fun :) Perhaps hasbro should put out some build you're own trooper/mixmatch packs :D

I don't know about perfect, though. Still don't have an articulated waist. ;)

Hmnmm.. too much work.

My idea is to remove the belt from a #41 (unlike the QD's the belt on the #41's is a seperate piece) and cut him in half where the belt was. Then cut the gunner in the same spot. Glue 'em back together then glue the belt back on to hide the join. It worked for a clone commander, should work for the #41.

I just haven't found another gunner yet.

Screw it, I'm quitting for the time being. It's done for now:

f3c064ec.jpg

f3c064e9.jpg

Turns out the pegs for the QD lower legs were thicker and shaped different than the ones for the AT-TE and I didn't feel like dealing with them, so I stuck the AT-TE legs back in and glued it up. I tried a bunch of different poses and couldn't find that didn't look goofy, so here's a goofy one for goofiness sake:

Judo Kick!:

f3c064eb.jpg

Opinions? Judgements?