Sw Fanfilm "duality"

Mr Nobody

I don't know if this has ever been posted here before, but you should definitely check out this fanfilm called 'Duality'.

http://www.crewoftwo.com/movie/index.html

This one is awesome in my opinion. This has to be among the better made fanfilms where SW is concerned.

Not a waste time, you won't be dissappointed! :)

There's been a thread on this in the last few weeks already.

But I'm inclined to agree, for a fan flick it's pretty damn fine - beats quite a few of the saber fights in the films!

Decent enough for a fan made film. My only two gripes were the fact that it screamed "fanboy" and the fight scenes.

The people who made it tried way too hard to make everything look "extreme" and "over the edge". It came across as more flash than functionality. No real-life grit to it.

The fight scenes were some of the worst I have seen as they were slow and lacked the feel of realism. They looked like they were major novices in the way they fought and handled the light sabers and that they had no true combat training. Their acrobatics were not choreographed well into the fight either.

But, I don't want to seem overly critical as I did think it was neat to watch. They did a good job in terms of how it all came together.

Decent enough for a fan made film. My only two gripes were the fact that it screamed "fanboy" and the fight scenes.

The people who made it tried way too hard to make everything look "extreme" and "over the edge". It came across as more flash than functionality. No real-life grit to it.

The fight scenes were some of the worst I have seen as they were slow and lacked the feel of realism. They looked like they were major novices in the way they fought and handled the light sabers and that they had no true combat training. Their acrobatics were not choreographed well into the fight either.

But, I don't want to seem overly critical as I did think it was neat to watch. They did a good job in terms of how it all came together.

I can't stand people who go picking apart things like this. Give credit where credit's due ffs!

Fight scenes some of the worst you've ever seen? Have you actually watched any of the SW movies?!!

Well, I apologize if you thought I was trying too hard to pick things apart as I even stated that I didn't want to be overly critical. Overall I thought it was entertaining and had some good ideas.

I also have been teaching martial arts for quite some time now and am also a student of Modern Arnis (Filipino stick and blade fighting) as well as Renegade Jeet Kune Do and Kelly Worden's Natural Spirit styles. I can tell you with assurity and experience that Lucas's attempts at fight realism are MUCH closer than what "Duality" accomplished.

Wow these were great fan films. I like how both sith kill each other in Duality. Contract of evil was even better. I wish this kind of stuff was inserted into the Phantom menace. Darth Maul wins the prize as the most under used bad guy. At least these films give us a something to fill in those much needed blanks.

I have to agree with Colirio and CC on this one . . . the CGI was pretty good . . . but the whole thing was just . . . I don't want to say dumb, but it was pretty cheesy, definitely a fan boy film. I can see where some people would like it, but there really wasn’t any acting (there was . . . but it was horrible)

I just felt like I was watching two grown men pretend to be serious actors pretending to be jedi/siths or whatever they were, not a star wars amateur film.

That sucked. The CGI was amazing! But the fighting and costumes were terrible. The guys pretty much stood in one spot and tried to fight, if they speeded it up a bit it would've looked better, but the guys should've worked alot longer on the fight scene. The costumes were not very good either. One guy had a paintball mask which wasnt modified very much(the reason why i knew what it was). The other guy had face paint and swimming goggles it seemed like. I think they wasted their time, man the CGI was great, but the fight scene sucked and was not good. They needed a good fight scene or fighting skills (work on it more) to get a good film

I like how Maul believes himself to be the chosen one.

Agreed, I liked Maul performance. And at least he didnt say "at last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi".