Well, I Found My First "switcharoo" Today...

Devilbat

I went to Target today, and I thought I'd check out the Joe section. I did find the new comic three-packs, which none of them were on mint cards, and most of them had bad paint jobs, but anyway...that's neither here nor there. I came across a Wave 7 Gung-Ho/Viper pack, but I was suprised to find the Viper had been replaced with the sucky VvsV Alley Viper!! I had to really look close to find any signs of tampering. Someone did a really, really good job of repackaging the figure. The only tell-tale sign was where the original tape had been removed on the back and there was a smudge of adhesion. And you could only see that when the card was tilted up into the light. I didn't look to see if the front of the bubble had been tampered with. Anyway, someone had done such a good job that I thought it was a factory mistake. I just thought it was an interesting find and thought I'd share...

Imo I hate when I see this but it has been happenin a lot as of late. There is a few comic pack # 21s wit the red ninja missin and put in its place is the firefly from the crimson 6 pack.

I went to Target today, and I thought I'd check out the Joe section. I did find the new comic three-packs, which none of them were on mint cards, and most of them had bad paint jobs, but anyway...that's neither here nor there. I came across a Wave 7 Gung-Ho/Viper pack, but I was suprised to find the Viper had been replaced with the sucky VvsV Alley Viper!! I had to really look close to find any signs of tampering. Someone did a really, really good job of repackaging the figure. The only tell-tale sign was where the original tape had been removed on the back and there was a smudge of adhesion. And you could only see that when the card was tilted up into the light. I didn't look to see if the front of the bubble had been tampered with. Anyway, someone had done such a good job that I thought it was a factory mistake. I just thought it was an interesting find and thought I'd share...

At least the set was replaced with another army builder. I seen the same pack some time ago and the trooper was replaced with a Mirage. LOL

Yeah, I came across a Wave 7 Snake Eyes pack with this problem. They replaced Snake Eyes with either the VVV Wave 1 or with the Snake Eyes from Wave 4 with the cycle. Of course they managed to take Timber too. The dumba$$es.

yep, i hate them with a passion. man, i want to crackdown on these cheats.

this is of course An advantage to getting all your Joes from a reputable online store (or in my case stores): this sh*t just doesn't happen to me....

of course we'll just ignore the fact that if it wasn't for thoise stores I wouldn't be able to persue this hobby at all given that Hasbro UK canned the line early last year (though it's hard to really blame the stores for not wanting it seeing how badly it rotted pegs over here: theres still a substantial number of JVC Wave 1 and Wave 6 packs (mainly Duke Vs CC, Depth Charge and Dart Vs Mindbender) in my local TRU, marked down to £1.99, and showing no sign whatsoever of shifting)

Yes they're cheats, but as long as the employees are too stupid to look at the package and realize one of the figures doesn't match the package, then it'll continue to happen.

Yeah, I used to run into this all the time when I worked at TRU. Since everyone knew I collected Joes (And Star Trek at that time, but no one ever tried to swap those) if there was ever a question about a return on these items, they'd call me. Heck one day I had a guy ARRESTED because he litteraly threw a fit in the store, he even took a swing at me.

Real mature those figure swappers @loll@

Yes they're cheats, but as long as the employees are too stupid to look at the package and realize one of the figures doesn't match the package, then it'll continue to happen.

i know you didn't really mean all store employees buddy. I just happen to work for ToysRus and i don't tolerate it. but yeah there are those that work for dollar and don't understand the audacity of what reputation it gives them. whenever i catch a shoplifter or stop a cheat, i just think of how many other people would have missed them , and let them get away with it, I just can't stand the thought.

Dang Devil Bat.

Know how you feel. I think I was the first to ever mention the phenomenon on the boards, and its been a HUGE problem in my neck of the woods for quite some time. Three pack switches with off brand joes in thier place. Two packs switched out with 2$ single pack joes in thier place. Its a damn shame what some people will do in order to get thier figs. We need to join together and stamp out this Joe Switch Syndrome(J.S.S)! Tell the store employees/managers, let them know that JSS happens in your town! Lets take a stand and have the last 3 3/4 joes go out in proper order!

YO JOE!

FAKEOR

Yeah, I hate this stuff. It just irks me that someone's got the gall to pull something like that. It truly disappoints me. I mean, yeah, there are other crimes that are considered much worse (yes, I consider it a crime, however harmless), but to swipe a figure and return the set with an older figure is a lie. These people are basically saying they're returning a set of figures and getting money back for it when they kept one of the figures. It's wrong. I don't care how they justify it in their own minds, it's wrong. Why go through so much trouble in repackaging a figure so meticulously and risk being banned from stores just to get one friggin' figure? These guys want 'em that bad?? Really?? Sheesh...

Giltyone,

There's no reason to start behaving like an emotional little child. We all know that you're just angry because there are literally hundreds of people doing exactly what you'd like to do. You're going out there, spending your hard-earned dollars on packs of useless GI JOES simply to get those one or two that you really needed. Granted, what these switchers are doing is illegal -- there's no debating that. However, the fact that you make very little money, and are unable to use your wits, is far more sickening than the illegal stuff these switchers are involved in.

Well, until they start single-carding again, your complaints will continue.

People are committing auto insurance fraud on a daily basis, and as a result of that you're probably paying more than you're supposed to for your premium. But are you complaining about that? Of course not. You're complaining about something that means next to nothing.

Get a life, get a real job, and stop writing stupid #$##.

Giltyone,

There's no reason to start behaving like an emotional little child. We all know that you're just angry because there are literally hundreds of people doing exactly what you'd like to do. You're going out there, spending your hard-earned dollars on packs of useless GI JOES simply to get those one or two that you really needed. Granted, what these switchers are doing is illegal -- there's no debating that. However, the fact that you make very little money, and are unable to use your wits, is far more sickening than the illegal stuff these switchers are involved in.

People are committing auto insurance fraud on a daily basis, and as a result of that you're probably paying more than you're supposed to for your premium. But are you complaining about that? Of course not. You're complaining about something that means next to nothing.

i dont see anything of the such in his comment I think you should lay off the caffine or somethin'.Damn.

Giltyone,

There's no reason to start behaving like an emotional little child.  We all know that you're just angry because there are literally hundreds of people doing exactly what you'd like to do.  You're going out there, spending your hard-earned dollars on packs of useless GI JOES simply to get those one or two that you really needed.  Granted, what these switchers are doing is illegal -- there's no debating that.  However, the fact that you make very little money, and are unable to use your wits, is far more sickening than the illegal stuff these switchers are involved in. 

People are committing auto insurance fraud on a daily basis, and as a result of that you're probably paying more than you're supposed to for your premium.  But are you complaining about that?  Of course not.  You're complaining about something that means next to nothing.

Get a life, get a real job, and stop  writing stupid #$##.

Sounds like gorgon here is a switcharoo bandit. Devil has more than enough right to compalin about joe swapping on a joe board. Yeah auto insurance, rape, internet fraud and the such happen all the time but we arent talking about it on here. I myself make more than enough money to satisfy my own joe needs, I also have a life as well, but I agree with Devil 100%. I look at it like this, if you wanted the figure bad enough u would have just bit the bullet and bought the entire 3 or 2 pack. There's no reason to return the unwanted figure with another crappy figure and then ruin it for someone else. Oh and by the way Devil wasnt acting or whining like a baby, he was just stating how he felt.

Giltyone,

@loll@

I sense a troll. A well spoken troll, but a troll nonetheless.

If the employees are too stupid or careless to do any thing then I say its time for some justice vigilante style @rambo@ @rambo@ #tank# #tank# #tank# #tank# #tank# #tank#

lol.. I found something worse that switch-a-roos today, three packs at grocery store, all with the figures cut out... @hmmm@ all still hanging on the pegs, lol

Now that is evil.

lol.. I found something worse that switch-a-roos today, three packs at grocery store, all with the figures cut out... @hmmm@ all still hanging on the pegs, lol

I found something worse than that.....when I stopped at TRU yesterday like I do every friday, i found two crimson guard 6 packs....both packs had every crimson guard, firefly and twin switched with different characters in them. Im sorry but if you were a employee and saw that u had to be either really stupid, lazy, or an inside man. It mad me really mad. Thats while Im so glad that joes will be sold online now.

I saw a Bombstrike 2 pack with the Bombstike head switched with the Baroness's head. They even sharpie colored bombstikes hair in the bubble picture black!

I tis also Hasbro's fault in a way. I mean ppl have been doing switches since JVC, but could possibly only one or two switches before the employees get suspicious of the boxes. However, because of the "resealable cards," one can just buy 5-6 sets and switch it without anyone being the wiser. I think Hasbro got wise with their star wars figures and actually glue the card besides taping them.

Imo, I think Hasbro should put some thick plastic seal(as thick as the bubble) on the card where it should say not valid to return if open or whatever. That way it would stop ppl who does this sort of stuff.