Ue Star Wars Dvd Boxset

azrael23

I stumbled upon this information concerning the Ultimate

Edition SW and changes for 2006.

An article on comingsoon.net has detailed information about changes to the Star Wars films for a boxset including all six films which is set to be released in 2006. Lucas has stated the so far confirmed changes for the prequels are minor but the original films have again been changed .Below are the confirmed changes :-

THE PHANTOM MENACE:

Some scenes with Jar Jar Binks have been trimmed slightly

ATTACK OF THE CLONES:

Noises Yoda makes while fighting Dooku changed

REVENGE OF THE SITH:

No changes confirmed yet

A NEW HOPE:

The 'Imperial March' music has been added to Vader's first appearence

When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin’s theme music can heard in the background and when Obi-Wan starts talking about Vader for it too change to the Imperial March

Luke’s lightasberis blue throughout the film

In several scenes where creatures are seen (e.g. The Cantina)some have been replaced that are featured in the prequels

The bleeding arm Obi-Wan slices off a creature in the Cantina does not have blood seen on it

Just before the Death Star destroys Alderaan there is a new scene added where different places on the planet can be seen along with Bail Organa & his wife

Some of the Death Star’s computers and screens ahve been improved

The opening text crawl has changed

Luke looks sadder when Biggs dies and sheds a tear

Luke only hears 'run' after Obi-Wan is killed

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:

Some shots where Taun-taun’s can be seen have been changed so the Tuan-tuan’s have more movement and look more realistic

While the battle of Hoth is going on Imperial ships land near the Rebel base and a few more shots of ships flying and being destroyed have been added

The monster in the asteroid looks more relistic

Some of the views of Bespin (for example the background where Luke Is holding on to the metal poles beneath a building) have been improved to look more realistic and ships can be seen flying around in the distance

RETUEN OF THE JEDI:

Yoda dies and disappears leaving his clothes behind like Obi-Wan

In the battle on Endor more Ewoks and Stormtroopers can be seen and are seen dieing. Members of Han’s team can be seen fighting as well.

Vader uses the force to reclaim his lightasber after he throws it at Luke and the sound of him turning it on again has been removed

Also in the article there is a list of other changes that are planned but not been started on yet. These are below :-

THE PHANTOM MENACE:

A Scene involving Bail Organa

ATTACK OF THE CLONES:

None

REVENGE OF THE SITH:

No Plans at present

A NEW HOPE:

The duel between Vader & Obi-Wan is slighgly longer as there are plans to add shots of the lightsabers clashing and the two enemys moving about more. Lucas is considering using music for the scene as well.

Just after Owen & Luke buy C-3PO & R2-D2 Lucas is debating whether to have a flashback scene to where Luke is talking to Biggs. They talk about mainly Biggs joining the Rebel’s and Luke saying that he’s stuck helping his Uncle on Tatowine

When the Millennium Falcon esacped Tatowine the plan is to show it breaking through the atmosphere of the planet and to see some close of shots of the ship as it is doing this

There is a rumour that there may be a new scene included where before the medal ceremony at the end the Rebels are remembering their friends that died in the attack on the Death Star. Luke and possibly some of the other chracters can be included in the scene by using the facial movements from other scenes and photo relistic technolgy other the top of other actors

The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:

A scene where Yoda is teaching Luke how to fight with a lightasber made possible by Luke wearing a helmet while training

A scene where Stormtroopers bring Vader the box containing the parts of C-3PO; they ask him what to do with it and Vader says to leave the parts in the cell with the others

A slightly longer lightasber duel between Vader & Luke on Bespin with more moves

The Wampa scenes to be edited and restored into the film as well as new scenes. We see a Wampa being brought into the Rebel base and locked into a room with other Wampa’s. Later C-3PO knocks the sign off the door the Wampa’s are behind stating their there and when the Stormtroopers enter the base they open the door only to be attacked by the Wampa’s who then can be seen escaping as the Millennium Falcon blasts off out of Hoth.

RETUEN OF THE JEDI:

The lightasber duel between Luke and Vader to be slightly longer and have more movement.

A few cool changes, but most are not

really needed. Hopefully there will be alot of special features

I would prefer that rather than change them any further.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they're doing some of these things, others I'm not so happy about. I don't think changing lines or anything like that is necessary. Less Jar Jar = MUCH better. I'm also glad that the blood effects are gone from lightsaber injuries. That never made sense to me, even when I was four. Lasers and extreme heat immediately seal blood vessels after they make an incision which is why laser surgery is becoming more and more popular where applicable. The resulting wound would be more "charred" looking like in the prequels as opposed to looking like your arm had just been lopped off with a machete. More emotion over the death of Biggs seems neat. It seems like they introduced Biggs for the hell of it before. His death didn't seem to phase Luke at all and made their friendship unconvincing. The Alderaan scenes sound interesting; I can't wait to see them.

The Wampa scenes to be edited and restored into the film as well as new scenes. We see a Wampa being brought into the Rebel base and locked into a room with other Wampa’s. Later C-3PO knocks the sign off the door the Wampa’s are behind stating their there and when the Stormtroopers enter the base they open the door only to be attacked by the Wampa’s who then can be seen escaping as the Millennium Falcon blasts off out of Hoth.

Out of all the scenes...this is the one that I really do hope is added. It was already filmed [some of it I think was on that CD release umpteen years ago...] so it's not like he's adding something "new".

As for the other ones...I don't really care too much one way or the other to be honest. Though, I'd prefer that he not add anything new that isn't from old footage edited out back in 78, 81, and 83 respectively.

That one with Luke shedding a tear...that's rather craptastic. @grumpy@

I dunno about this. Why in heaven's name would he change the movies so soon after putting out the DVD's?

Also... although I'm all for having musical continuity, weren't there reports that John Williams was upset at Lucas monkeying with the soundtrack? Honestly.. If Lucas is really gonna change so much, musically (And please, don't put the imperial march in at that first appearance, it's too strong), then please let it have Williams's blessing.

Edit: Oh, and I hope they go through and replace all the "sparking" lightsaber scenes with shots of it melting/gooifying what is nearby. That is one of my favorite scenes from Ep 3 -- Greivous's whirling devrish of lightsabers putting perfectly symmetrical scorch marks in the ground.

some of this stuff sounds great and all but where is Lucas going to get all this "new" old footage of Luke crying over Biggs's death?

some of this stuff sounds great and all but where is Lucas going to get all this "new" old footage of Luke crying over Biggs's death?

It is becoming an almost frighteningly common occurance to face-map over actors... It started with Jurrassic park, has grown into Forrest Gump's scenes, and has re-incarnated the Duke and the dude from Bullett, it's only a matter of time before you could maybe bring Humphrey Bogart back from the dead for a leading role...

I just hope Lucas gets the principal's permission for -these- changes, using their likenesses and such. That gets into touchy territory. I'm sure Harrison ford wouldn't mind (they are working on Indy), but the others (or their families, in some cases) would be a bit harder.

The updating of computer screens and interfaces should've happened with these last DVD releases.

A lot of these scenes seem a bit more work then one would do for a simple DVD release... A lot fo these seem to be extremely time consuming and I really doubt they've been done for the upcoming release, or if they've been done at all.

They need to replace that awful Yoda puppet in Phantom Menace to a cg version that matches Eps. 2 and 3.

Word up.

The Yoda in Ep 1 looked like he was on crack or something.

Yeah, a lot of these so-called "confirmed" changes sound a lot like the supposed changes made to the other DVD release...

In several scenes where creatures are seen (e.g. The Cantina)some have been replaced that are featured in the prequels

The bleeding arm Obi-Wan slices off a creature in the Cantina does not have blood seen on it

Damn you Lucas; why not do what Spielberg did and replace all the guns with walkie-talkies??

This is a bit much, and he really does need to leave the original trilogy alone.

it will never end. also expect changes for the 30th anniversary of a new hope.

@loll@ .......................haha

Well let us hope that this will be the final special edition and

no more changes are made thereafter, or Lucas might as well remake

the whole original trilogy altogether.

it will never end. also expect changes for the 30th anniversary of a new hope.

@loll@ .......................haha

Well let us hope that this will be the final special edition and

no more changes are made thereafter, or Lucas might as well remake

the whole original trilogy altogether.

seriously. no joke.

there will be a special edition of the phantom menace as well around that time. but definetely count on a extended edition of a new hope.