More Online Exclusives!

Forcehunter

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering how this IS geared towards the collectors, we may have a shot of getting guys like the COBRA Soldier or VIPER in single card form. We don't have to worry about Wal Mart's b**ching about bad guys don't sell.

But the other side of the coin is that just cause we want a thing and think it would be the smart move for Hasbro doesn't mean that's what they are going to do...no matter if it is marketed to Collectors. I for one would love to see new sculpt 6-pack army builders, but I'm also not counting on it. The same could be said for ARAH single packs. Some really want it and think it would be the best thing Hasbro could do, but at the same time that doesn't mean that's what they are going to do. The best course of action would be to hope for them, but not to count on them coming anytime soon.

But the other side of the coin is that just cause we want a thing and think it would be the smart move for Hasbro doesn't mean that's what they are going to do...no matter if it is marketed to Collectors.

That's what people said about single packs in general, yet here we are... single packs. Even though they're just JvC, they are single packs. One could assume that big retailers really wanted Joes in 2-packs for the higher price point. Not to mention, it was probably the only way to sell some of the crappier figures.

Yea, anyone who wants RAH single packs are just hoping (just like when everyone hoped for single packs in general), but when people say RAH shouldn't get single packs at all, then that's total BS.

Not to mention, it was probably the only way to sell some of the crappier figures.

so are you saying Hasbro came up with the 2 pack idea so they could intentionally make crappy figures and pack them with good figures to get rid of them? if they were so worried about being able to sell crappy figures so they went with the 2 pack format to be able to sell them, why woldn't they just make these crappy figures good, as it probably cost the same, from design to production, to make a good figure as it does a crappy one.

I'm not quite following the logic of your statement. it seems to imply Hasbro said, "hey, we're not so sure we can make every figure good so let's go with a double pack format, so if a particular figure stinks it will sell."

hardly seems logical Hasbro anticipated making bad figures, or even intentionally made bad figures, just so they could go with a 2 pack format.

hardly seems logical Hasbro anticipated making bad figures, or even intentionally made bad figures, just so they could go with a 2 pack format.

I'm not saying they purposely made bad figures. However, given their seemingly mandatory 2-pack situation, and the knowledge that some figures are gonna sell better than others, the pairing of the figures are far from random.

I wouldn't personally buy any single carded old sculpt figures. Old sculpt had it's time, it's pretty much over now. You can have your six packs and what not, but let my generation have our figures.

I wouldn't personally buy any single carded old sculpt figures. Old sculpt had it's time, it's pretty much over now. You can have your six packs and what not, but let my generation have our figures.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Hey we RAH collectors deserve new single packs too.

I would buy them with the quickness.

I shouldnt have to buy figures that i dont want to get the ones i do.

You do have your figures they are two packs and thats how they started ours started with single packs so hence dont our generation have more right to them.lol

I think this whole comment is silly.

it doesnt matter if they are single or multi-packs they are still GI joe right?

@firedevil@

I just had to have a little fun with this.

Brad

I still can't believe some of you guys wanna pay 5-6 bucks for a single carded ARAH when you can get 6 for 20 bucks in a 6 packs. Trust me you guys wanna trade and they throw all the new figures in Six packs and comic packs and you guys take the overpriced single cards that's fine with me. =P

Besides the CIF and PP2, I don't think I've ever wanted each and every figure that came in a 6-pack. But hey, I'm speaking for myself.

That aside, I think Cobra army builders are perfect for single pack, as the last few Cobra 6-packs have shown that pure army builders will be few and far inbetween, if they'll happen again at all.

Well what I mean is the figures won't be painted like the orginals, proablly won't come with their orginal gear, proably won't have classic card art and will be overpriced. With new figures there is none of those concerns cause they are all new.(well expect overpriced.) I can't help but think of the old saying "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it."

I think Hasbro has really gone a little downhill on their selections and paint schemes for the TRU 6-Packs.I have not obtained a 6-pack (heh) since the Infantry sets and the attempts with the recent Winter Ops and Imperial Procession just make me disappointed because they could've been so much better.I mean come on.....Crimson Range Vipers?

The way Hasbro goes nuts with the "Crimson" it's not so "Cobra elite" anymore...it's more so like "Cobra generic".

Personally....I'd rather keep the focus and all the good ideas on all the new stuff coming out.And if this is a legit list of what's to come,I'm damn well pleased.

Well what I mean is the figures won't be painted like the orginals, proablly won't come with their orginal gear, proably won't have classic card art and will be overpriced. With new figures there is none of those concerns cause they are all new.(well expect overpriced.) I can't help but think of the old saying "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it."

I think THAT is just as much speculation as the possibility of RAH singles. Hasbro has to know that we want figures that resemble the originals (especially army builders).

Well what I mean is the figures won't be painted like the orginals...

Close like the Comic packs or something nice would be fine. The recently E-Bay'ed Cobra Officer is... "good enough".

... proablly won't come with their orginal gear...

I think at this point, original gear is a bonus, and that having good gear would already be a miracle. In the case of Cobra army builders... just like the Joes have their default M-16, M-16/M203, Colt SMG and M4 SOPMOD, Cobra could have the 2-3 AKs used recently, and the Viper rifle issued as default to any releases of Cobra Officers/Soldiers, Vipers, CGs and whenever they don't know what to do. Those are safe bets. Would get generic but better than another Baroness rifle or Crimson Twins pistol or the craziness that is Hasbro improvisation.

proably won't have classic card art...

If they can do what they do for the JvC singles, I'm sure they can scrap something together for RAH card art. Either original (I'm sure some a resourceful person could get their hands on the original) or they could illustrate something new. It's done all the time anyway.

I think THAT is just as much speculation as the possibility of RAH singles. Hasbro has to know that we want figures that resemble the originals (especially army builders).

True, but their track record has shown that they seem gunshy about painting a figure in it's orginal RAH colors. They more then likely want to preserve the collectors market, instead of bringing it crashing down. Course there are pros and cons to keeping it in place, but as a rule they don't seem to want to paint a figure exactly like the orginal, even with it's different legs they have yet to repaint the Viper in 86 colors and they had plenty of chances to do it. So it's a slippery slope, do you make some collectors happy by releasing ones that look just like the orginals, but risk angering others that made their collects worth less. Hasbro has never said they wouldn't do almost exact copies of the orginals, but there track record makes me think they won't do it....or else they would have done it by now.

What they could do is give a figure like the viper a new head, much like they did with CG and then they could give it almost exactly the same colors, but then you'd have live with a Viper with a huge helmet, and it wouldn't look like the rest.

If they can do what they do for the JvC singles, I'm sure they can scrap something together for RAH card art. Either original (I'm sure some a resourceful person could get their hands on the original) or they could illustrate something new. It's done all the time anyway.

I should have been more clear. I mean they won't have the same exact card art as the orginal ARAH heros had. They'll have have the new card desgin with new art on it to represent the figure. That matters to some fans, but I guess you're not one of them so that is a moot point for you.

What they could do is give a figure like the viper a new head, much like they did with CG and then they could give it almost exactly the same colors, but then you'd have live with a Viper with a huge helmet, and it wouldn't look like the rest.

If it even looks halfway decent, people would flock over it. The new heads on the Cobra Soldier/Officer and CG's goes to show that people would go nuts over them.

And while they wouldn't match up exactly with everyone's existing collection, fans will just handle it like they did with the Cobra Soldier/Officer and CG's... just buy more and ignore/pretend.

If Hasbro really has to add a new head sculpt, I rather they resculpt and add more detail to the Viper head/helmet (much like the upgraded heads of SS v1 and FF v1 for the comic packs). Removeable helmets are not the way to go 100% of the time.

I have not obtained a 6-pack (heh) since the Infantry sets and the attempts with the recent Winter Ops and Imperial Procession just make me disappointed because they could've been so much better.I mean come on.....Crimson Range Vipers?

Personally....I'd rather keep the focus and all the good ideas on all the new stuff coming out.And if this is a legit list of what's to come,I'm damn well pleased.

Imperial Guard actually

And I picked up the Winterset today and despite the equipment selection I found it to be a pretty decent set.

True, but their track record has shown that they seem gunshy about painting a figure in it's orginal RAH colors. They more then likely want to preserve the collectors market, instead of bringing it crashing down. Course there are pros and cons to keeping it in place, but as a rule they don't seem to want to paint a figure exactly like the orginal, even with it's different legs they have yet to repaint the Viper in 86 colors and they had plenty of chances to do it. So it's a slippery slope, do you make some collectors happy by releasing ones that look just like the orginals, but risk angering others that made their collects worth less. Hasbro has never said they wouldn't do almost exact copies of the orginals, but there track record makes me think they won't do it....or else they would have done it by now.

I should have been more clear. I mean they won't have the same exact card art as the orginal ARAH heros had. They'll have have the new card desgin with new art on it to represent the figure. That matters to some fans, but I guess you're not one of them so that is a moot point for you.

I like your suggestion about the 86 viper and it makes scence to make a new head and re- lease it. I think also what would look cool would be a removable helmet too.

If Hasbro really has to add a new head sculpt, I rather they resculpt and add more detail to the Viper head/helmet (much like the upgraded heads of SS v1 and FF v1 for the comic packs). Removeable helmets are not the way to go 100% of the time.

Well it was just an example of a change to the sculpt, but I don't know how well changing the Viper Helmet would work. If you change it too much it won't look like a Viper.

I could see hasbro doing a removable helmet viper figure in the future...since they seem to be doing more of figures like that lately.

True, but their track record has shown that they seem gunshy about painting a figure in it's orginal RAH colors. They more then likely want to preserve the collectors market, instead of bringing it crashing down.

I was thinking about it and I remembered someone's comment in another thread about it. While it would be cool if they DID repaint them in "classic colors" it isn't a necessity. I can't see them trying to save the secondary market as we aren't buying from THEM, so why would they really care so much? Course, you could be right, after all, they HAVE had the opportunity to do a classic Viper or Headman or Mirage.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd just like to see figures with all (well at least most) of their original parts and, hopefully, with all/most of their original equipment. I understand that there might be some lack of access to "realistic" looking weapons (even if they have the molds), but their are plenty of figures with unrealistic weapons AND equipment that wouldn't be a problem (presuming they have the molds available).

And even then, other companies (Corps, for example) use realistic looking weapons all the time.