More Online Exclusives!

Forcehunter

I personally think RAH style repaints are VERY over rated. I would much rather have all new sculpts. But I am inclined to agree. That is far too many new sculpt figures for hasbro to release at once...

I agree - quality over quantity. We've got so many of these 6-packs, but really the only good ones were the Cobra Infantry and CG sets. We don't need repaints of EVERY figure - just a select few, and keep 'em good!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be very surprised if the single carded figures where ARAH style. Having this many new sculpts ready doesn't surprise me in the least. First off the next theme was pushed back so that 3V figures would still be on the pegs when the video came out, then the Hiatus happen. So we should be on like wave 3 or 4 now if the line was still in major retailers. They came 2 to a pack and as we have already seen some are repainted, resculted, Frankensteined figures,(CG, Medi-Viper) so that cuts off the time as well. So it's competely plauseable to have this many new sculpt figures ready to go. Plus we don't know that all of them are "NEW" some might be frankensteined like the CG or have only slight mold changes like Medi-Viper.

It's nice to see that if EEJ says something you don't like, he's the biggest liar outside George W Bush, but if he says something you do like, then he's right up there with sex. Make up your minds.

I read all the responses posted, after Stevy posted the link, and I'm not following where you're getting THAT kind of indication from?

Who was sucky sucking on the EEJ info pipeline? @hmmm@

I read it, and have no more faith in anything stated therein, than I did before! I'm all about SEE IT FIRST these days, considering all the past BS that goes down about such info.

Hell, take the whole "hiatus" fiasco for example? :rolleyes: What a waste of brain cells that whole thing was.

On a side note, keep your political persuasions to yourself here....please!

#US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1#

Yeah, the $6.99 thing would be quite discouraging for a single pack, and I'm sure they'll use the excuse we pay that for one figure already, when we army build (pay $6.99 because we want only one out of the two figures in the pack) but that's just a downside to army building and part of the expense in doing so.

It wasn't just army building. When I was buying JvC and some of those RAH 2-packs [that weren't army builders], most of the time I still just wanted one of the figures. Very rarely did I want both figures, army builder or not. The two notable exceptions were SE/SS [no-brainer] and that Duke/Ripper.

Agreed! We got stuck with the repaint scenario as well, where one figure would be something new and the other a stupid repaint.

Some all-new figures totally sucked too, not just repaints. And some repaints were better than the original. So really, it's all a mess.

I personally think RAH style repaints are VERY over rated. I would much rather have all new sculpts. But I am inclined to agree. That is far too many new sculpt figures for hasbro to release at once...

I agree - quality over quantity. We've got so many of these 6-packs, but really the only good ones were the Cobra Infantry and CG sets. We don't need repaints of EVERY figure - just a select few, and keep 'em good!

It depends on you collection. If people don't have alot of these molds yet, then almost every 6-pack or comic 3-pack is new stuff.

And "keep'em good"? Highly unlikely with Hasbro. Every set has had some terrible flaw. Crappy weapons for the CIF and Firefly for the CG set, for example.

And I'd much rather have all RAH figures, but lucky for all of us, there's something for everybody. No need to get greedy.

Oh right, wasn't it Scarlett, Breaker and hologram Cobra Commander?

There are so MANY items they could do through the website, not even counting NEW stuff (like the single packs). That comic pack, wave 6, wave 7, the H.I.S.S. IV remold, the Ice Saber, the Quickstrike, the current Target exclusives, the new Desert Coyote and the Venom Chamber. MAYBE even the 6-packs (CG, Greenshirts, etc.).

Yeah thats the one. I think it was supposed to be with Comic #9. I was really looking forward to that CC, plus the Breaker wasnt too bad and niether was the Scarlett, if memory serves.

And Stevy, I think the Target Exclusives alluded to were the ones that eventually got released at TRU as well: the Storm Shadow on Ninja Lightning, etc.

30 figures released per year seems like less than usual, but at the same time it would be nicer on the wallet, as long as all was still available and such.

the current Target exclusives

What Target exclusives?

As far as the comic packs- those are the two packs we saw on MC:

Flint/Hawk/TR and CC/Zarana/Zartan

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get another pair of comic packs before Christmas.

I may be mistaken as I've only ever seen them at Target, but I meant the basic vehicle sets. Kamakura with the bike, Sand Viper with the Air Assault, etc.

It would be a miracle if Hasbro did RAH figures in the singles, but alas, they have stated that the only RAH figures we will get will be in 6-packs, or comic packs. Still, Hasbro hasn't said "never". The COBRA Infantry has me wondering....

No single cards will be RAH, tahts why TRU does its 6 pack exclusives. Did hasbro ever do VvV 2 pack of rah joes? nope.

Plus i would never want to see the new single packs with any rah figures

Actually they did my friend. Remember this:

Cobra Viper/Alley Viper 2 pack

But there werent many of them I dont guess. Should be though...I wish they would put the RAH vipers on single cards, but unles they are like 3 bucks, i wont get them

No single cards will be RAH, tahts why TRU does its 6 pack exclusives. Did hasbro ever do VvV 2 pack of rah joes? nope.

But there werent many of them I dont guess. Should be though...I wish they would put the RAH vipers on single cards, but unles they are like 3 bucks, i wont get them

Yes, true but i dont count it was a wave, since it wasnt a wave of new molds (some got o rings). it was more of a thing for the collectors

I read it, and have no more faith in anything stated therein, than I did before! I'm all about SEE IT FIRST these days, considering all the past BS that goes down about such info.

Watch it man - you keep that attitude up, and I might have to start scraping up some respect for you ;):P

Yes, true but i dont count it was a wave, since it wasnt a wave of new molds (some got o rings). it was more of a thing for the collectors

I see what you mean.

Yeah, I dont think hasbro would ever give us the RAH singles anyway.

Guest A-MAN

They'll do whatever they can to milk 3 3/4" fans now since the 12" collector money well has finally dried up. That's the bottom line. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, depends on how much one is willing pay. @smilepunch@

I seriously doubt that any of the single cards will be RAH

Draven

I agree, and I doubted even before EEJ that we would get some 30 figures at once, it just isn't feasible from a manufacturing standpoint.

Again, we will probably have 4 waves of 6 figures spread out from July to spring next year, and before anyone says anything about it still being too many new figures (I know someone will):

Between January and August of last year, we got roughly 3 waves of figures, of which, about 28 of which were new molds.

I seriously doubt that any of the single cards will be RAH

Draven

I agree, and I doubted even before EEJ that we would get some 30 figures at once, it just isn't feasible from a manufacturing standpoint.

Again, we will probably have 4 waves of 6 figures spread out from July to spring next year, and before anyone says anything about it still being too many new figures (I know someone will):

Between January and August of last year, we got roughly 3 waves of figures, of which, about 28 of which were new molds.

Yep I agree with that too.

:)

Draven

I read it, and have no more faith in anything stated therein, than I did before!  I'm all about SEE IT FIRST these days, considering all the past BS that goes down about such info.

Watch it man - you keep that attitude up, and I might have to start scraping up some respect for you ;):P

beerchug.gif

No single cards will be RAH, that's why TRU does its 6 pack exclusives. Did Hasbro ever do VvV 2 pack of RAH Joes? nope.

Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it never should. That's like saying JvC should never have comic or army builder packs, 6-packs or otherwise.

If Hasbro has any brains, they'll release Cobra Soldiers/Officers, Vipers or whatever good army builder as single packs. They'd sell better anyone would be willing to admit. Marquee characters might do well too.

I meant popular characters like SE, SS and the like. Guys you know are gonna sell if they were single packs. Mostly for the Joes though, since we know Cobra army builders are gonna do good regardless.