The Ultimate In Green Goblin Customs!

Preventer MK II

I actually like Green Goblin's new costume. I guess it just gets a lot of flack b/c Ramos was the first person to draw it, and his odd style gave Mr. Osborn a certain something that didn't sit right with many of the fans. Lately though, other artists have taken cracks at it, each incarnation doing something slightly different to put it one tier above the previous one. Without that, I would've never even attempted this custom. There's certain aspects of certain renditions that I prefer, so for this custom, I spliced a bunch of them together.

Goblin1.jpg

It's mainly a combination of Ramos and Dodson's designs, with some personal tweaks of my own. I didn't like othe detailing either of them did on the sleeves and pant legs of the costume, so I removed the details entirely. The base figure is an F4 Reed from series 2, with a Sinister Six Green Goblin head (thanks stef!). The boot flares, kneepads, and satchels came from the SMC GG, and the shoulder pads are XMC Tiger Stripe Wolvie's pads sculpted over. The tattered shirt parts and the lower portion of the chest armor are vinyl sheets, so I could retain some poseablility. I also borrowed something from Silver Surfer, but we'll get to that in a second :P

The glider I took striaght from Dodson's rendition, only b/c the design was something similar to a redesign of the glider I had devised back in high school. I took the glider apart, and sanded off the bulky toe section, and sanded and resculpted the missile portion of the glider, as well as drill a hole into the bottom to accomodate an action stand. Dodson's design had the head of the glider inexplicably floating in mid-air, so I used some twist ties to support it in front of the glider. With the main engine done, I focused on the wings, tearing apart Silver Surfer's board and transplanting parts of the metal portion to be laid onto the stirrups of the glider. I then took the stirrups from Hawkeye's Atomic Steed and put them where the old ones were on the glider, to ensure Norman could stand on the glider in some capacity.

Glider1.jpg

But for the coup de grace, I transferred Silver Surfer's magnets over to Norman, ensuring that the only way this Goblin was dismounting is if I knocked him over.

Goblin2.jpg

And an obligatory action shot. Sorry for the blur.

Goblin3.jpg