Alan Scott

LiquidMetal

I'm groggy as hell...but I was just wonderin'....why is Alan Scott still around??

Do Green Lantern fans really need him??

Hall Jordan is back....that should be enough for the GL enthusiasts.....right?!? :huh:

There's also John Stewart, Kyle Rayner (who some people hate but is okay with me :) ), and Guy Gardner....

Oh yeah, there's Kilowog (sp?) TOO....you could go on and on with Corps members (I think)....

@hmmm@ How many Green Lanterns are there supposed to be, total, anyway, in the Galaxy?? Thousands?? Millions?? :unsure: @smilepunch@

I just wonder why they keep Alan around when there are all those other, younger guys to patrol the galaxy, save the day, etc, etc....

I don't hate him or anything like that!!! ;)

I guess you could wonder the same thing about Jay Garrick....but, unlike the GL situation, there aren't a TON of Flashes out there

They could at least update/upgrade Alan's costume.....that would help, IMO!!! :D

Just some scrambled thoughts....

What do YOU say??

#US1#

Well without Alan you have no begining. I think Alan is awesome in JSA and is still a big gun, even with Superman around. I hope they use Alan even more in the current series. Love to see some Hal and Alan team ups. Plus why not have him around? - Christopher

Well without Alan you have no begining. I think Alan is awesome in JSA and is still a big gun, even with Superman around. I hope they use Alan even more in the current series. Love to see some Hal and Alan team ups. Plus why not have him around? - Christopher

I guess you might be right!!! :)

#US1#

Alan Scott isn't connected to the Corp really. So him being around doesn't really matter to the other GL's. I personally like the character and he is unique. The only thing he has in common with the other GL's is the name really. I honestly can't picture the JSA without Wildcat, Green Lantern, Flash, or atleast a Hawk.

Alan rocks , he's like a green lantern but not , his powers are abit different than normal GL's as I think his powers come directly from the starheart and not the power battery (is that right?) his powers consumed him and he is pretty much made of green flame now , that explains why he' still alive. They tried updating alan's costume a few years back and it was horrible , like alot of comic characters i think alan's costume is best left as the original.

He changed his name back to Green Lantern in JSA #50 and forged the starheart which was removed from him into a ring.

He changed his name back to Green Lantern in JSA #50 and forged the starheart which was removed from him into a ring.

Good info, which kind of backs up my point of there being TOO MANY Green Lanterns (IMO)!!!

Thanks!!! :)

#US1#

Good info, which kind of backs up my point of there being TOO MANY Green Lanterns (IMO)!!!

Thanks!!! :)

#US1#

There's supposed to be alot of GLs (gotta have the Corps) .

Alan isn't Corp.

7200? What for? Kinda stupid if you ask me. Wasn't bad enough to have 3600 people/beings running around with the same powers,now they want to double it?

Bear in mind, the 3600 protected the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. There are 3600 sectors and there was one for each. Often that was not enough. Now they are forming small teams of two per sector. It's like a cop and his partner. I like the idea a lot. The thing to remember is just because there are 7200 Green Lanterns, we will never see all of them. A lot of them will be out in deep space and never have any interaction with the main characters the series follows. There have never actually been 3600 uniquely created and identifiable Green Lanterns. Even in the big Corps scenes they were short a few thousand (what artist is going to draw that). My advice is to not worry about it. It won't really affect anything in the grand scheme of things (other than allow Earth to have TWO Lanterns.

7200? What for? Kinda stupid if you ask me. Wasn't bad enough to have 3600 people/beings running around with the same powers,now they want to double it?

According to ###### Johns and DC they are doubling the numbers because there is much more evil in the universe. So now they need 2 GLs per sector.

Really doubling the numbers and putting 2 GLs per sector is just an excuse to keep John Stewart on Earth [and in JLA] because if they kept the old version John would have to leave earth.

I must admit, Kyle was laying down the law in Rann/Thanagar War # 2. He was kind of acting like a real tough guy taking on the Khunds and the L.E.G.I.O.N. I guess it has finally happened that Kyle has grown as a character and grown up in general. I hope he stays this way.

I must admit, Kyle was laying down the law in Rann/Thanagar War # 2. He was kind of acting like a real tough guy taking on the Khunds and the L.E.G.I.O.N. I guess it has finally happened that Kyle has grown as a character and grown up in general. I hope he stays this way.

Although the immaturity was fun, I am pleased to hear that. I may have to go and pick up the Rann/Thanagar War issues to read about this.