Ebay Items And Packing *rant Warning!*

Mr Nobody

Sorry, folks, but I really need to get this out of my system *rant alert!* @soap@

I just bought a vintage MISB 'Magnum P.I.' figure & car set for a pretty substantial 3-digit price, and paid a decent 2-figure amount for shipping/handling. I received it in a extremely weak (read OLD & WORN) cardboard box, with 5 balled-up newpaper pages for 'padding' WITH A 1/3 OF THE ROOM TO SPARE IN THE BOX! Seriously, I'd've had a harder time ripping a paper grocery bag open than I would this box! Just because you don't own the item any longer is NO EXCUSE to pack it like $#!t! to the next guy! @grumpy@

Another one was for about a dozen figures of similar sizes that should've been sent in a package the size of a shoebox. I received these in a box about 1 & 1/2 times the size of a 'Big Mac' container (NO padding at all!), all in the same baggie wrapped/taped solid as though it were a brick of heroin! #WTF# was this guy thinking?!

There have been others of late, but these are the 2 that really stick in my craw. I myself have NEVER boxed ANY item this sloppily when selling or trading, and I would think people would ship items the way THEY would want things shipped to them, but I guess that's too much to expect. <_<

Honestly, the thing some people do to pocket a few dollars! Is it really worth the karma? @rolleye@

Rant complete. Thanks for your attention.

when I sell stuff I sometimes do use recycled boxes (sometimes I can be a tree hugger) but only if they are in good condition and sturdy. as far as packing I use peanuts and bubble wrap. I do use (clean) paper sometimes depending on the item and if I feel that the paper will protect the item well enough. but if someone is spending a but load of money than I will go out of my way to make sure it is overly well packed.

I hate when people use weak, flimsy, used boxes then stuff it full of old plastic grocery bags as packing material. that's how my Tak reissue Optimus Prime came....on top of that it took 11 days to get to me when I made an immediate payment and paid $15 for shipping. lucky for that seller that it was still in perfect condition otherwise he would have felt my wrath in more ways than one

I hear you guys, I got a package from aguy in a trade like one month ago and the guy was suppose to send me 2 boxed items and several looe ones, the moron took the loose ones and packed them in a plastic store bag. Yeah, he did it.

Well I don't agree with people giving bad packaging, but what can you expect, not everyone is an expert. If anything is damaged your frustrations can be understood but it is an ameature packing job that big of a problem?

when I sell stuff I sometimes do use recycled boxes (sometimes I can be a tree hugger) but only if they are in good condition and sturdy.  as far as packing I use peanuts and bubble wrap.  I do use (clean) paper sometimes depending on the item and if I feel that the paper will protect the item well enough.  but if someone is spending a but load of money than I will go out of my way to make sure it is overly well packed.

I hate when people use weak, flimsy, used boxes then stuff it full of old plastic grocery bags as packing material.    that's how my Tak reissue Optimus Prime came....on top of that it took 11 days to get to me when I made an immediate payment and paid $15 for shipping.  lucky for that seller that it was still in perfect condition otherwise he would have felt my wrath in more ways than one

Same here, I also try to reuse packaging and packing materials, too, but this was blatantly negligent! I also use plastic grocery bags, but they are usually a 'layering' between the zipbagged figures and the packing material (styro-peanuts, bubblewrap, and yes, also newspaper at times, but I'm not so lazy I can't put ENOUGH in to properly pad items). I can't even leaving feedback on these because I don't want the retalitory negs!

And YES, Adamantium, it IS that big of a problem! If you'd shelled out a lot of money for an item you really wanted and the seller pulled this kind of stunt on you, you'd be crying foul as well. For the stuff I usually buy, amateurs don't deal in these, ONLY people who know what they're selling, and they should act accordingly if they want to stay in business, IMO!

Ok , not really my area. Packaging doens't really bother me because I open everything anyway, but I can see your point.

Didn't think much about packageing, till today went to the p.o pick up my stuff, wow i got a doozy, this one was messed from teh Royal Mail, it is rewrapped in plastic, with an actual

Our Sincere Apologies letter, saying how they accidentily damaged the package while in the mail. Not going to fault the shipper, but man this one was ugly thank god the actual product wasn't messed up, but still. People should learn to take a little more care in shipping, as was stated earlier, send it the way you'd want to receive it.

I keep all my packaging from when I order stuff or trade, and reuse it. Usually use packing peanuts.

same here

I keep alot of packing material, if I don't have any I'll go down to the local thrifty nickel paper and grab a whole bunch of their free paper to use. I always try to make sure that everything sent will have room incase of a mailing crush of the box the item is sent in.

I recieved crap too, once I recieved a jafco black g1 optimus prime and the guy had it half sticking out of a box with brown paper wrapped all around it. Primes's packaging on one end was crushed but thankfully it atleast didn't hurt the toy. I wasn't wanting it loose but oh well atleast I got it.