Danica Patrick Places 4th

Ghosts of Razgriz

• 3 weeks later...

Now believe me, I am not sexist in any way, I believe girls can do whatever they want, but listen up. Danica Patrick is a rookie I understand, but her being female has no significance at all when it comes to racing . Women in golf is remarkable cause thats a sport that involves strength, a women competing with a man in basketball would be significant because that also depends on physical strength, but I do not see in what way a women would have any disadvantage when driving a race car. When driving a car, all you are doing is pushing down the gas pedal, breaking, steering, and whatever else necessary to keep your car moving. The sport does not require any physical features really, and seems to me that it would be just as competitive between men and women. So someone, please tell me, what is so significant about Danica?

..just my opinion on things..

Actually driving a race car be it F1 or Indy does do alot of punishment to the body, and all drivers in these 2 series are in great physical shape, they put up with alot of G's, dehydration is a serious factor when driving these types of vehicles. If you ever get a chance check out some of the races, they show the amount of force put on a body whille driving. It takes alot of skill that many people just couldn't perform up too. The fact that she is driving so well says alot about her conditioning in a sport that's primarily male driven. So for a woman to do well driving is great considering there aren't many at that level of racing.

I'm not a race fan by any means, but I've heard some good stories from some of the best race car drivers in history and it DOES take a LOT of physical strength and stamina to do what they do. I believe it!

I've heard of race car drivers who almost lost control of their cars at top speed and nearly broke their arms just trying to keep it under control. If being a professional race car driver was such an easy thing to do then finding good drivers wouldn't be so hard, and there are very few who make it to the level of being an elite.

I would never want to be a race car driver. That's one of the most insane things anyone could ever do for a living. A woman racing against the men and being competative IMO is a lot harder than people think. She deserves all the credit that she gets.