S.a.w. Viper: Cobra Heavy Weapons

Alyosha

Here's another figure that has been sitting around waiting to get finished and sold. This particular version is based somewhat loosely on the artwork seen in the Devil's Due Handbooks to GI Joe. I wanted to find a use for these parts that have little else that you can do productively, and they fit together very well for SV. I extended the torso with milliput, sanded the joints exstensively, did several mods/sculpting to the helmet, and sculpted kneepads to fill in the joint at the knee. I also opted to use copper metallic as a trim color even though we would probably never see that from Hasbro (but it was nice for a change).

SAW_Viper_action.jpg

SAW_Viper_rt.jpg

SAW_Viper_lt.jpg

SAW_Viper_back.jpg

helmet-Grunt (modded)

head-Grunt (modded)

chest-Red Spot (modded)

arms-VvV Heavy Duty

waist-JvC Wild Bill

thighs-JvC Cobra Commander

feet-JvC Mindbender (modded)

gun-Roadblock's mini-gatling

This figure should be going to live with TNI resident all around good guy, Admiral Hunter who has already expressed interest in him. If that changes, he will be available at that time. Thanks for looking, and please leave a comment or critique.

If Admiral Hunter changes his mind, I'd love to have it. He's pretty damn cool. What other figures are you working on?

Yup, that's Kevin for you. Always gets the best deals. :P

Anyway, Aly, it looks great. I'm still amazed by what you can do.

Very Cool. Thanks for posting this figure for us, as I am sure everyone, including myself, enjoy seeing your awesome customs. Off topic, I hope things are going well for you, and I hope your job situation improves, if it has not already. God bless you man!

Todd

Shakka85

What other figures are you working on?

First of all, thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

In no particular order, the next ones finished will be:

Alley Viper (Bumblebee Viper)

Leatherneck (card art version from the TRU MCC)

Shockwave (Teknokyo style)

Mercer

Road Pig

Techno-Viper

VvV Alley Viper reworked

Are you going to let Leatherneck keep his moustache, or are you going to make him brown headed and clean-shaven?

I don't know HOW you can keep parting with these works of art man? I know the situation requires it, but damn...as much work as you put into all those, and how awesome it is for someone else to be able to benefit from it, it's still kinda depressing.

I don't know HOW you can keep parting with these works of art man?    I know the situation requires it, but damn...as much work as you put into all those, and how awesome it is for someone else to be able to benefit from it, it's still kinda depressing.

VH- Don't be depressed for me. Maybe this is what needed to happen. I am not making a fortune, but I am staying afloat right now. I don't like selling them, but you do what you have to survive as the situation dictates. My only regret is that I didn't get to take pics of everything that I've done recently together with the other customs all at the same time.

RM- I am excited about this one also. I preveiwed the helmet a long time ago, and got a lot of good feedback. He is prolly third on the list to get done right now behind Mercer, and Bumblebee Viper. The bad thing is that I am out of the Tamiya Purple spray I usually use and the store I used to buy supplies at is no longer open.

Falcon- No 'stache for the 'Neck right now. I am basing it exactly on the card-art and he doesn't have on there.

VM- Yeah, Roadpig is another one of those customs that's been sitting around waiting for paint & mods for a long time. It'll be good to ge thim done finally. I did all those 'Noks for my buddy Matt's dio for the Con last year, and it was always stange to me that he was missing.

CC- I am actually working on a Commisioned Serpy (DD Style) for resident good guy Die Fighting X. It's kind of a secret, so I am withholding pics until it's closer to being done (which is going slowly right now since i am having to concentrate on all these othre pieces).

Alyosha bro hope everything is going better and the figures you are putting out there are kick ass as always.

I think tek hit the nail on the head bro you should customize full time,i know there are alot of figures I would pay to have you make and i know alot of other members as well.Your work is that damn good and worth every penny.

Some thing else to think about make a "How to Custom" video and sell it,I bought one of these years ago about painting game minatures and really liked it.You could do all kinds of step by steps and help out alot of people who want to break into doing customs.

Sure, but it might take a while. There are a couple or three guys ahead of you. E-Mail me and we'll talk. hit_and_run@comcast.net

Alyosha bro hope everything is going better and the figures you are putting out there are kick ass as always.

I think tek hit the nail on the head bro you should customize full time,i know there are alot of figures I would pay to have you make and i know alot of other members as well.Your work is that damn good and worth every penny.

Some thing else to think about make a "How to Custom" video and sell it,I bought one of these years ago about painting game minatures and really liked it.You could do all kinds of step by steps and help out alot of people who want to break into doing customs.

AL i would def buy the vido and maybe some customs if i get the cash so bekker is right on the money there.

What other figures are you working on?

First of all, thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

In no particular order, the next ones finished will be:

Alley Viper (Bumblebee Viper)

Leatherneck (card art version from the TRU MCC)

Shockwave (Teknokyo style)

Mercer

Road Pig

Techno-Viper

VvV Alley Viper reworked

Nice work al! I couldn't even tell who's helmet that was! I like the "peach" fuzz! I did a version of that leatherneck too already Ill send u pics. Lmk what u think! And again I gotta ask where is chuckles I need ideas! LOL