Tollbooth: Combat Engineer/seabee

Alyosha

Here's a custom I never thought I'd do. Who in their right mind would want a Tollbooth update (besides myself and GilT)? Actually, this is one of several in my quest to do some customs that you might not see every day and it also a addresse the blatant shortage of support personel for the GI Joe team. As a kid, I always thought the Ol' Chuck X. (for nothing) Goren was about as ugly as a figure could be, but as an adult I thought that it was very clever of Hasbro's designers at the time to include combat support personel as a driver for the cool Toss-n-Cross vehicle (which had TONS of play potential as a kid). So basically what you get is an homage like this one here:

Tollbooth_front.jpg

Tollbooth_side.jpg

Tollbooth_back.jpg

head-Chap Mei construction worker (modded)

chest-Dart (modded)

bandanna-Chap Mei construction worker (modded)

upper arms-Flint

lower arms-Shipwreck

waist-Recondo

thighs-Grunt (modded)

feet-Shipwreck (modded)

sledge hammer-original Tollbooth

rifle-M 4 carbine with XM 17 shotgun underbarrel

I hope at some point to be able to cast this head to use later for a Hartop custom figure. Thanks for looking, and please take a moment to make a comment or critique!

This figure is for sale in this thread located in the sales/trade forums here.

HAH! The fact that you could redeem a figure like Tollbooth, just demonstrates your AWESOMENESS as a customizer! ^_^

That's excellent man! The details are sharp and tight!

I'm glad that you guys like him. I was a little trepidatious about doing such an odd figure, but am very pleased with the final product. If he doesn't sell, it won't hurt my feelings a bit as he's kind of grown on me.

As for the orange helmet, I was going to change it, but decided not to since it was a visual identifier for the character (kind of like SS always wearing lot's of white). Otherwise, it's a bullet magnet.