Definitive Version Of Each Core Character?

BlueFootedBooby

I know this topic is mentioned from time to time, but I haven't seen it lately and was wondering if anyone would like to share their opinion on what they think the definitive version of each core character is.

If you have custom ideas, that would be awesome too! (i.e. my definitive Baroness is the VvV black body version with the comic pack head.)

Mutt---DEF version

Shockwave---DEF version

Duke---first Battle Corps version aka v3

Roadblock---either Anti-Venom or v3

Low-Light---v5 I think(he came with Sure Fire)

Barricade---Anti-Venom

Hawk---Talking Battle Commanders(i don't care if he's blonde)

Eel---Electric Eel v2(sting raider driver)

Firefly---Comic pack version

Serpentor---ditto

Moray---Electric Eel v3

Zartan---v1

Destro---Spytroops version

Crimson Guard---the TRU version

I have more to name but too many to list.

Snake Eyes- VvV Wave 7

Duke - VvV Wave 7

Scarlett - amalgamation of single pack and VvV wave 5

Jinx - VvV wave 3 with Akima head from Titan AE

Gung Ho - VvV wave 7

Stalker - VvV wave 3

Kamakura - VvV wave 4

Lady Jaye - ???

Flint - ???

Cobra Commander - Spy Troops wave 8 with VvV Wave 7 head

Destro - ???

Baroness - Single pack with comic pack head

Storm Shadow - Ninja Boxset

Firefly - BTR

Viper - VvV wave 7

Zartan - ???

I agree mostly with:

Snake Eyes- VvV Wave 7

Duke - VvV Wave 7

Scarlett - amalgamation of single pack and VvV wave 5

Jinx - VvV wave 3 with Akima head from Titan AE

Gung Ho - VvV wave 7

Stalker - VvV wave 3

Kamakura - VvV wave 4

Lady Jaye - ???

Flint - ???

Cobra Commander - Spy Troops wave 8 with VvV Wave 7 head

Destro - ???

Baroness - Single pack with comic pack head

Storm Shadow - Ninja Boxset

Firefly - BTR

Viper - VvV wave 7

Zartan - ???

I like the VnV Zartan wave 1, I've done customs to with: Flint, Baroness (same recipie described except with blu uniform), Scarlett, and Gung Ho (I don't even use this figure except for parts) Bombstrike (paint modded) is and probably will remain my Lady Jaye until DD writes her into the script. Wave 7 Duke is now my default Duke, Stalker is good and I'm good with Firefly. This last wave was pretty right on. I call it the commerative/farewell Wave.

I used nail polish to remove the paint on each piece and painted my own details on the figure. I'll try to get a picture later.

Essentially I used the pieces closest to her original uniform.

I used the tan boots, blue legs and waist. Tan chest and lower arms, and blue upper arms.

Does anyone have a pic of the Baroness switch-out? I'd love to see that.

I guess no glasses?

For the core characters, I'd say it's V1 almost every time, except for Hawk (V2) and maybe a few others. I'd also go with the comic pack Storm Shadow and Firefly, except that they're really not that different from the originals, just a little more nicely painted.

I don't think we've gotten a definitive Lady Jaye or Scarlett, though - if they release that comic pack Scarlett, we might, and all Lady Jaye would need is a good hatless cartoon-style head sculpt, and we'd be golden.

Do you think the new Zarana comic pack head would look god repainted on a Lady Jaye body?

Hard to say, but I doubt it... If that's what you're planning to do, I'd wait a while - I wouldn't be surprised if they do give us a "comic-pack" Lady Jaye (as long as it looks like the cartoon - I'm just assuming she didn't wear the hat in the comic).

I used nail polish to remove the paint on each piece and painted my own details on the figure. I'll try to get a picture later.

Essentially I used the pieces closest to her original uniform.

I used the tan boots, blue legs and waist. Tan chest and lower arms, and blue upper arms.

I would like to see this too.

Draven

IMO, definitive versions truly haven't been done since the original RAH figures, besides some of the recent comic 3 packs.

IMO, definitive versions truly haven't been done since the original RAH figures, besides some of the recent comic 3 packs.

That's true for some figures, but not as much so for others:

Dr. Mindbender RAH < Dr. Mindbender VvV

Original Eel < Electric Eel v2 (this one is probably the most disputed lol)

Shipwreck RAH < Shipwreck Spytroops

Snow Serpent RAH < Snow Wolf