Show Your Ml Collection Here!

MLCollector13

FN crazy!

& man... the YA boxed set is such a tease!!

We still need another boxed set out with the rest of the team :D

Some updates:

Avengers.jpg

Defenders.jpg

YoungAvengers.jpg

Monsters.jpg

NewX.jpg

Muties.jpg

Brotherhood.jpg

NewDisplay2.jpg

Thats it for now, more to come.

Wow, amazing new pics...

Fantastic Magneto pose on the roof there, with the Brotherhood. He looks very political up there.

Good to see the likes of Leader, Kingpin and Strucker on that roof.

I'm surprised Cap isn't in the center of the display. I would have swapped Cap and Thor's spots. What's your reasoning?

Also intrigued that Havok was so marginalized. I expected to see him land in the Storm/Rogue/Gambit area, since this version of Havok is more identified with the X-Men than the "miscellaneous mutant" group you have going on the side there.

Have you thought about centralizing Watcher/Death/Thanos on the roof, and using the other wing roof for a Sinister Six display? Sort of having a balance of the two complete major villain teams on the roof of each wing. I know that most of your Sinister Six characters are off in the alley display, but maybe you could swap some out. How did you decide which Spidey villains to use in the main display and which for the alley?

No Giant-Man on bended knee in the staircase? Or did you not get all the Wal-Mart wave yet? I see Warbird is still MIA at least.

Eager to see the updates after you nab ML13!

Wow, amazing new pics...

Fantastic Magneto pose on the roof there, with the Brotherhood. He looks very political up there.

I'm surprised Cap isn't in the center of the display. I would have swapped Cap and Thor's spots. What's your reasoning?

Also intrigued that Havok was so marginalized. I expected to see him land in the Storm/Rogue/Gambit area, since this version of Havok is more identified with the X-Men than the "miscellaneous mutant" group you have going on the side there.

Have you thought about centralizing Watcher/Death/Thanos on the roof, and using the other wing roof for a Sinister Six display? Sort of having a balance of the two complete major villain teams on the roof of each wing. I know that most of your Sinister Six characters are off in the alley display, but maybe you could swap some out. How did you decide which Spidey villains to use in the main display and which for the alley?

No Giant-Man on bended knee in the staircase? Or did you not get all the Wal-Mart wave yet? I see Warbird is still MIA at least.

Thor gets front and center because I love Thor. Before he was behind the rest, which worked with his towering height. Not only is the new Thor not as tall, but the shape of his cape makes it difficult to pose him back there. So I moved him front and center. I was just thinking, actually, about moving Cap to the center, but height-wise I think Thor looks better there. Eh, I could change my mind.

Havok got stuck there because I don't know scatta about Havok, and given his scowl thought he was a villain and put him up on the roof. Then someone eduficated me on Havok, so I moved him ground floor. You feedback may influence his position. Not everything is set in stone yet. I had taken the afternoon off of work to obstensibly work on the house before a potential buyer showed up. But I just couldn't help sneaking down and opening up new figs. I had planned to put the Young Avengers closer to their idols too, but moving the Defenders took more time than I had (since Surfer is flying). I'll still rework the placement of figs, especially when 13 comes in a couple days.

Giant Man isn't in yet because some sick bastart stole the Warbird that is rightfully mine out of the WalMart display before I arrived at dawn. So, if you have a Warbird, send her to me!

I don't plan to have the Sinister Six up on the other wing, since most are relegated to the alley. Basically I built the alley because SMC was churning out too many villains, and 2nd tier Spidy villains were dominating the rooftop. Goblin, Ock, and Lizard stayed because to me they are the most iconic Marvel villains of his, and people like Sandman and Rhino stay because they are general threats, not just Spidy's. Hmm, I do like the idea of the Sinister Six up there though, I just don't know how'd I'd put in the alley then.

Wow, amazing new pics...

Thor gets front and center because I love Thor. Before he was behind the rest, which worked with his towering height. Not only is the new Thor not as tall, but the shape of his cape makes it difficult to pose him back there. So I moved him front and center. I was just thinking, actually, about moving Cap to the center, but height-wise I think Thor looks better there. Eh, I could change my mind.

Havok got stuck there because I don't know scatta about Havok, and given his scowl thought he was a villain and put him up on the roof. Then someone eduficated me on Havok, so I moved him ground floor. You feedback may influence his position. Not everything is set in stone yet. I had taken the afternoon off of work to obstensibly work on the house before a potential buyer showed up. But I just couldn't help sneaking down and opening up new figs. I had planned to put the Young Avengers closer to their idols too, but moving the Defenders took more time than I had (since Surfer is flying). I'll still rework the placement of figs, especially when 13 comes in a couple days.

Giant Man isn't in yet because some sick bastart stole the Warbird that is rightfully mine out of the WalMart display before I arrived at dawn. So, if you have a Warbird, send her to me!

I don't plan to have the Sinister Six up on the other wing, since most are relegated to the alley. Basically I built the alley because SMC was churning out too many villains, and 2nd tier Spidy villains were dominating the rooftop. Goblin, Ock, and Lizard stayed because to me they are the most iconic Marvel villains of his, and people like Sandman and Rhino stay because they are general threats, not just Spidy's. Hmm, I do like the idea of the Sinister Six up there though, I just don't know how'd I'd put in the alley then.

See, with such dedication to your display, I just assumed you knew about all the characters. That's funny about Havok.

In that costume, I identify Havok with the 80s crop of X-Men which spanned from Storm to Rogue, to Psylocke, Colossus, Dazzler, Longshot, Gambit... He existed very early from what I can recall, and the comic that came with the figure might shed more light on that. I figured you kept him away from Storm and Kitty because the figures would all be too dark next to each other. Not that you asked for my input, but by now I'm sure everyone can tell I give it anyway...

There's the 70s crop of X-Men that would be Nightcrawler/Wolverine/Storm/Kitty/Colossus, and then Colossus could be the bridge to the 80s group for Rogue, Havok, Gambit, and the upcoming Psylocke and Longshot. Then Bishop, Cable, Deadpool, X-23 and Sasquatch. You think you can squeeze Captain Britain in there somewhere near Kitty, Colossus, and Nightcrawler and have a little pocket of Excalibur characters? You know Captain Britain is Psylocke's brother, right? So perhaps once Psylocke comes around Britain can go near her? Captain Britain, to me, is pretty much nothing if not surrounded by Excalibur.

Oh I wouldn't move the Defenders! Hulk is a good bridge between the Avengers and Defenders and Namor/Surfer are good connects to the FF. The Young Avengers are hardly important enough to marginalize two major teams of big name heroes like the FF and Defenders! Don't do it man, you must be stark raving mad!

WISH I had a Warbird... or ANY of the Wal-Mart wave. But being in NYC/Queens doesn't leave me in any easy travelling distance to a store, and I'm financially challenged, so I'll see what credit can get me this Saturday, IF I can get my friend to drive me. It's a production, and who knows if the store will even have any left when I finally make it there.

I really think the Sinister Six would have a nice look up there, and it would balance the X-villains (Brotherhood) that are on the other wing. I do get where you're going with Watcher and Thanos (and Death) being a little Celestial, and deserving of being "set apart" from the rest, but those characters can also be a sort of "crown jewel" in the center of the rooftop, while the villains balance either side.

If you do the Sinister Six (Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Sandman, Vulture, and Electro) on that wing rooftop, then you could do the regular rooftop with a lineup like...

Left side if facing the display: Rhino/Lizard/Super Skrull/Absorbing Man/Abomination/Leader/Ultron/Bullseye/Kingpin

Center of display: Watcher/Death/Thanos

Right side if facing the display: Dr. Doom/Red Skull/Strucker/Taskmaster/Loki/Apocalypse/Sinister/Lady Deathstrike/Omega Red/Juggernaut

I have no idea what you'll do with Blackheart. Shove him over in the alley!

For the alley:

Blackheart, Vengeance, Lizard (I don't think he's that necessary in the main display... what's he really contributed anyway?!), Man-Wolf, Morbius, Carnage, Venom, Shocker, Kraven, Scorpion, Beetle, Hydro-Man

You know of course that I only go on about these things because I'm living vicariously through you.

Some updates:

Avengers.jpg

Defenders.jpg

YoungAvengers.jpg

Monsters.jpg

NewX.jpg

Muties.jpg

Brotherhood.jpg

NewDisplay2.jpg

Thats it for now, more to come.

Oh man, YOUR the guy with the greatest display of (not just ML's but) toy's I've ever seen! I totally envy your skill my man, you made all that? I would KILL for a set up like that! I’ve been an admirer of your display for some time now, I’m particularly impressed with your Iron Man mirror display, so bad ace! Your going to have to start adding to the display man, Toybiz is filling us up with mad figures this year! Your the man whom inspired me to put blades coat on Red Skull (thank you, he looks SO MUCH better).

$500 & I'll pm who ever waitings adress :)

LOL

just kiding :D

I'll give you $600.

Better hurry, I just found a buyer for my house last night. I won't be at this address much longer.

This is my collection as of today.

Did not photo the

error series 8 ult. cap,

dark phoenix,

angry bullseye,

green hulk and

unmasked wolvie.

storm (black costume) and black panther werent displayed either but they're opened and stuff.

MarvelCollection001.jpg

MarvelCollection002.jpg

MarvelCollection003.jpg

As of next week *cross fingers* I shall be buying some WM wave+Young Avengers. birthday money soon wooooot

DSmith,

I used your advice to tweak the order of my mutants. It actually works pretty well. I still have Capt Britain way down at the end for now, but that could change.

Yeah, I was just never an X-Men fan as a kid, so I don't know them as well. I was all about Avengers, Defenders, Spider-man and Fantastic Four back in the early 70s. I think X-Men became the face of Marvel about a decade later.

Waiting

if you wana read some early stuff ... well sorta early...

they just put out a unnacnny xmen hard cover which contains a large chunk of some of clarmonts best works :)

its like 50+ issues or something :)

Allso, you must have ahugeee comic collection!! It must be impressive with all those spiderman and avengers and such

Met awsome pics punk :)

DSmith,

I used your advice to tweak the order of my mutants. It actually works pretty well. I still have Capt Britain way down at the end for now, but that could change.

Yeah, I was just never an X-Men fan as a kid, so I don't know them as well. I was all about Avengers, Defenders, Spider-man and Fantastic Four back in the early 70s. I think X-Men became the face of Marvel about a decade later.

Wow, thanks! I'll now forever feel a deeper connection to your display, having helped with the arrangement. Can't wait to see more pics, I guess once you complete the Giant-Man series and receive ML13! Pyro is going to look AWESOME up there with the Brotherhood, I promise!

DSmith,

Wow, thanks! I'll now forever feel a deeper connection to your display, having helped with the arrangement. Can't wait to see more pics, I guess once you complete the Giant-Man series and receive ML13! Pyro is going to look AWESOME up there with the Brotherhood, I promise!

ML13 arrived last night. The display is so full of fanstastic new figs, its hard to go to bed at night. The brotherhood is on the roof of the right wing along with Pyro. I really love all of ML13. OK, Lady Deathstrike I'm luke warm on, but the rest of the figs more than make up for it.

Awesome setup bro!