Los5o7's Return To Customizing

los5o7

Greetings all, after being on an extended hiatus from customizing, I've finally cleared the dust off the ol workbench and have resumed work on some previously abandoned WIP's which I will be posting pics of in the next week, thought i'd post my previous customs for those of you who may not have seen them before, and hopefully generate a little bit of interest.

THE FLASH

flash008.jpg

JANGO FETT

jangofett10.jpg

PROFESSOR ZOOM

profzoom010.jpg

SUPERMAN V1

supesv1008.jpg

BATMAN BEYOND

batmanbeyond011.jpg

DR FATE

drfate015.jpg

MARTIAN MANHUNTER

jonj015.jpg

more pics of these customs here: http://www.cr6productions.com/custom.html

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, a peak at some upcoming customs.. bring on the wips!

we'll start off with the first two of the new batch.

I've been waiting to customize this one for quite awhile, truth be told, it's one of the projects that got me started, it'll no doubt be my first of many attempts at doing him. I'm sure it's pretty evident who it is.

wipgal1009.jpg

This one started out as an experimental Jim Lee cyclops, but along the lines I kinda got the urge to follow some artistic license, (props to LC for pushing me in the right direction on this one!). I'm going to go ahead and leave the full skull cap on him, and change the outfit underneath all the accessories a bit.

wipgal1010.jpg

Hope you enjoy, more wips coming this week!

I like that Hawkman!

Napier_WG - Thanks for looking should start having finished pics sometime next week!

Skipperbecks - Thanks! that was my first attempt at hawkman, i'll be giving him another go round sometime this year!

here are some group shot pics of all the current Wips:

wipgal3013.jpg

wipgal3015.jpg

wipgal3016.jpg

wipgal3010.jpg

in preparation for getting these customs ready for posting, got a nice little treat, check out these photo albums for a "behind the scenes" peek of these customs at various stages of completion.

http://www.cr6productions.com/development/...p1gal/album.php

http://www.cr6productions.com/development/...p2gal/album.php

http://www.cr6productions.com/development/...p3gal/album.php

http://www.cr6productions.com/development/...p4gal/album.php

I LOVE that Colossus...What kind of paint did you use to get him so shiny?

thanks! I used foil tape that I found in the hardware section at Wal-mart, not sure what the stuff's used for but it worked just fine!

thanks for looking!

I just primed them this weekend, and I'm currently trying to work out all the little imperfections that primer brings out, so I should begin painting them as early as tonight. I had wanted to be done with them this weekend, but because I wasn't as careful in the begining phases with them as I should have been, I have to make up for it, by going back and redoing somethings.. lesson learned?

better to take the time and do it right the first time, than to have to go back later and do it again @hmmm@

Final priming stage, these are all in the painting stage at this time, except for colossus who is still getting worked, and reworked..

wipgal5032.jpg

wipgal5025.jpg

wipgal5019.jpg

wipgal5004.jpg

wipgal5006.jpg

wipgal5009.jpg

wipgal5013.jpg

wipgal5029.jpg

wipgal5037.jpg

There are looking great so far. I like that you're able to do some sculpting - it's really looking good, especially your Cyclops. I really love the WIP shots myself, so thanks for having so many. I have a couple of questions for you:

- Are you using Aves Apoxy Sculpt? If so, how do you like it compared to other stuff you've used? It looked like you were really able to get nice detail work.

- What kind of primer is that? What makes you like it best?

Thanks!

Shawn

*UPDATE*

Psycho_JOhnny,

Weapon-X is done.. need to touch a few things and snap pics and get him posted.. prolly see him up by the end of the week at the latest...

cobia123,

Thanks so much, I was kind of hesitant doing a batman since there are so many good ones out there right now, but then again, he's one of those customs that defines people as a customizer, and a character that I think everyone should tackle at some point, plus there's so many takes on him it's almost impossible to do the same one twice.. so i went ahead and made my attempt, had to start him over twice,lol..

h3llfish,

Thanks so much, I've been working up to doing more sculpting on my customs, and decided to step it up with this batch, they're all for the most part experimental exercises in sculpting.. like training of sorts, I'm pretty content with how the sculpting came out, not totally %100 happy with it, but being my first real attempt at it.. i won't be too hard on my self..

now to answer your questions..

- Yes that is Apoxie Sculpt, the only other stuff i've used is super sculpey, contour putty, and epoxy putty, the last two of which I still use for bulking and spot filling... compared to sculpey? Apoxie blows it away, I kept hearing about how good this stuff was and how awesome it was and decided to try it out, and man.. i tell ya, it's the stuff.. no baking, good long working time, and ya only need small bits for detail.... I endorse it all the way and really don't see myself ever using anything else, unless they come out with a clay that sculpts itself..

-The primer is Krylon sandable grey primer, I like it best because it really brings out all of the imperfections in a figure, if you take a look at that last picture of colossus, you'll very easily see the grooves aren't completely filled in and there are some rough spots on the boots, this stuff is awesome for that, there is white, and i haven't tried it yet, but i hear it's really useful if you're gonna be painting bright colors.

look out for Weapon-X coming to a forum near you this week!

thanks for looking!