Hasbro Copied Bootleg Joes?!?!?!?!?

Ren

I think the graphics on the new cards, is still more of an explosion looking, ball of flame, whereas the knock-off card is just a "glow" like you mentioned.

Either way though, you can't copy off something that was copied of you, to begin with. That'd be like saying that Hasbro got the molds (back) from India, and are now making "knockoffs" of Funskool figures! ^_^

yeah, that is definitely an explosion on the new Joe packs. but even so, Joe can't ripoff the design from a company whose own design was a rip off of Joe.

I like the tag line: Those Guys from The other galaxy

I can almost see 2 old ladies walking down the street and the commandos running past one of them and knocking her over and when she askes her friend who they were her friend replies 'Those guys from the other galaxy,Mabel.'

Obviously the "Power Commandos" copied G.I. Joe in more ways than one. Not only was the card art a knock-off but look at the logo: the font is similar and the three stripes are all blue instead of red, white and blue. Also even the figures name font and the title in the upper left is similar to the RAH Joes. COME ON!!!!!!

Honestly Ren, how could you even say Hasbro copied them, when the "Power Commandos" are such a blatant rip-off to pass as G.I. Joe figures? Go to YoJoe.com's figure archive and look at all carded figures from 1982 through the rest of the 80s and early nineties. Seeing that the knock-off didn't show up until 10 years after the original carded Joes, Hasbro's design was ripped off.

That card of the bootleg from 1992 was copying the original 80s gi joe figures cards, and with hasbros new line they are just make the cards like they were in the 80s.

I have no idea how you thought that the new single packs are copying a bootleg from 1992

:rolleyes: Geez guys, lighten up, just making a little conversation, I even put coincidence in the thread header, it's no big deal, let's can the theatrics.

THEATRICS??? @hmmm@

Tis but an illusion, of thy glowing background my love! To explode, or NOT to explode....THAT is thy difference in the minds of fans!

ophelia4.jpg

@lol@ How's that?

:rolleyes:  Geez guys, lighten up, just making a little conversation, I even put coincidence in the thread header, it's no big deal, let's can the theatrics.

Well it was fairly obvious it WAS coincidence, at least to anyone with an ounce of common sense. Dont blame us for you not excercising some basic common sense before posting half baked nonsensical theories.

Even I of all people give Hasbro's Joe department more credit than that. Good Lord.

:rolleyes:  Geez guys, lighten up, just making a little conversation, I even put coincidence in the thread header, it's no big deal, let's can the theatrics.

Well it was fairly obvious it WAS coincidence, at least to anyone with an ounce of common sense. Dont blame us for you not excercising some basic common sense before posting half baked nonsensical theories.

Even I of all people give Hasbro's Joe department more credit than that. Good Lord.

Half baked nonsensical theories is how the world WORKS!!!!! @firedevil@

But even power commandos artwork is better than the crap on the new Hasbro

cardbacks..ugh, can't they hire a real artist to paint some pics?

But when it comes down to it, Doc Evil, at least I post threads, and I guarantee 99% of the threads I post are interesting and informative, whereas you just like to sit around and complain a lot about everything, yet never bring anything useful into any thread. You should rename yourself Doc Minor Annoyance, not Doc Evil. If you wish to personally attack me, you

should do so via pm, so I won't have to constantly burn you in front of the forum.

Half baked nonsensical theories is how the world WORKS!!!!! @firedevil@

But even power commandos artwork is better than the crap on the new Hasbro

cardbacks..ugh, can't they hire a real artist to paint some pics?

But when it comes down to it, Doc Evil, at least I post threads, and I guarantee 99% of the threads I post are interesting and informative, whereas you just like to sit around and complain a lot about everything, yet never bring anything useful into any thread. You should rename yourself Doc Minor Annoyance, not Doc Evil. If you wish to personally attack me, you

should do so via pm, so I won't have to constantly burn you in front of the forum.

I doubt that was an attack, he was just saying, "C'mon, DUH!" lol. you came back with the attack, either way, just lighten up.

To be honest i ignored this thread for awhile cause it was so obvious. It's not how many threads you post, or even how many are intersting, it's your overall activity in the community, I know doc more than you, and don't appreciate an attack on my net Buddy.

Even he wanted to say duh.. then he would have said duh.....this qoute pretty much sums up Doc Evil philosophy about posting comments....

One of my hobbies as a bitter failure is (complaining)[ed.] about anything and everything. As such, it is important that I surround myself almost exclusively with things I hate. Out of the 500 or so CDs I own, I like maybe six songs. I only watch movies that I think will give me something to complain about later on, and before you bring it up wise guy, no I'm not going to see the new Star Wars movie. I saw the last two. I can complain about Episode III on general principle and save myself ten bucks.

He started it, I ended it, and then you chime in and bring it up again...jeez, I post a thread to brighten your day,get attacked, then I end it, and the Reverend decides to gang up...just drop it, and I will consider this thread a huge mistake, and continue to post the delightfully whimsical threads for the rest of the joes fans out there. VH's post was a funny good natured post, yours and Doctor Gloom's were just wrong. Now settle down, we're all Republicans and Republitarians here, well, most of us.

Even he wanted to say duh.. then he would have said duh.....this qoute pretty much sums up Doc Evil philosophy about posting comments....

One of my hobbies as a bitter failure is (complaining)[ed.] about anything and everything. As such, it is important that I surround myself almost exclusively with things I hate. Out of the 500 or so CDs I own, I like maybe six songs. I only watch movies that I think will give me something to complain about later on, and before you bring it up wise guy, no I'm not going to see the new Star Wars movie. I saw the last two. I can complain about Episode III on general principle and save myself ten bucks.

He started it, I ended it, and then you chime in and bring it up again...jeez, I post a thread to brighten your day,get attacked, then I end it, and the Reverend decides to gang up...just drop it, and I will consider this thread a huge mistake, and continue to post the delightfully whimsical threads for the rest of the joes fans out there. VH's post was a funny good natured post, yours and Doctor Gloom's were just wrong. Now settle down, we're all Republicans and Republitarians here, well, most of us.

#WTF#