Which Subgroup From Rah Was A Good Idea?

Cobra Command

Which do you think was a better idea?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think was a better idea?

• Tiger Force
    • Python Patrol
    • Night Force

My vote goes for Night Force. I always liked the look of the figures and vehicles and the theme made sense to me. The rest had really wierd paint schemes that were not very military or stealthy or anything that could remotely make sense to me as a kid.What about you?

Yeah, Night Force for sure. These figures actually looked good (well, most of them) - some of them even looked better than the originals!

Python Patrol has a certain charm, for some reason - must be because it's Cobra and they can get away with it. Tiger Force was a good concept, but was not executed as good as it could have been.

Python Patrol till the day I die.  Although I still haven't figued how they intended to tow the ASP.

Forgot about the ASP :rolleyes:

I didn`t mind the repaints too much when I was a kid because it gave me a chance to get some figures that I missed out on before like Flint, Duke, Copperhead and Falcon. Still have no idea where my original Duke went. Ever lose a figure only to find it years later buried in the yard somewhere? That`s where I found Major Bludd

@smilepunch@

Yeah I had the TF Flint for the longest time, and didn't even realize he was TF. I just thought his pants were camo'd. Oops. Oh well, I think back on all the Python Patrol I had when I was a kid, and how hard it would be to build that collection up again.

I too have to say Night Force. My only complaint about the Night Force 6 pack is that they didn't stick with the same color theme of the originals. Mostly black with a little green and gray.

Personally, I would have made them all solid black with a few gray highlights, kinda like Snake-eyes v2.

You know, here's something interesting about the Python Patrol...

When I was at Ft. Benning, they let us go to the infantry museum there. One of the displays was of a night vision goggle defeating suit that was meant to be worn over the uniform... but the pattern on the suit was almost EXACTLY that of the Python Patrol! It was black with canted green criss-cross patterns.

What does this mean?

PYTHON PATROL IS REAL!

Tom

I've actually seen that camo in person Tom. There was a fella' I met that was from Australia who have just gotten out of the service there, and he had a jacket in that pattern.

Back on subject, while the Python Patrol, Tiger Force & Slaughter's Marauders were all good at doing their jobs (brightening the "green area" of the shelf and making old molds pay off), the Night Force figures were simply the best looking. It's a shame that Cobra never got an equivelant.

I was just looking at yojoe.com at the pics of the differant figures and there isn`t one that I saw from Night Force that looked bad. Most were improved with this scheme. I really liked Python Viper and Copperhead. What were they thinking with the color schemes on Slaughters Marauders anyway? That blue looks stupid.

I really liked the idea of Python Patrol back when they first came out, but I remember thinking they would have looked alot better in the color scheme of the vehicles (black, red, yellow)

I'm glad they saw this too, and when they made the 6-pack, they when with those colors (well, changing yellow to gold was smart)

Python Patrol till the day I die.  Although I still haven't figued how they intended to tow the ASP.

Forgot about the ASP :rolleyes:

I didn`t mind the repaints too much when I was a kid because it gave me a chance to get some figures that I missed out on before like Flint, Duke, Copperhead and Falcon. Still have no idea where my original Duke went. Ever lose a figure only to find it years later buried in the yard somewhere? That`s where I found Major Bludd

@smilepunch@

That's what happened to Croc Master's crocodile for me. . . .and now his top is all lime green.

I loved them all when I was a kid, but Night Force is the only one that really made sense. Sure, Tiger Force was supposed to be wearing a new kind of Camo, and Python Patrol was supposed to have stealth technology, but Night Force worked because all they needed was dark clothing.

One thing I never understood is why Low Light and Snake-eyes were never part of Night Force. I guess they saw the sub-group as a chance to get characters who were not already dressed in dark clothing in a dark color scheme. But then, why did they add Dusty to the Desert Team?

I've always been cool with most subgroups. But looking back, Nightforce definitely has aged well. Python Patrol is pretty close, but Tiger Force doesn't seem to make much sense.

Nightforce=Night attacks and such.

Python Patrol=They had that stealth technology going for them.

Tiger Force=As I remembered in the commercial, they used captured Joe and Cobra vehicles to make the toughest force ever???

Don't get me wrong though, there was some appeal to this group, it just didn't seem to be a useful group.