Favorite Saber Battle?

Prime2099

Now that most of us have seen Episode 3 what is your favorite lightsaber battle out of all six movies?

For me it has to be the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan VS Darth Maul in Episode 1. The saber battles in Episode 3 were awesome but there's something about that battle in E1 that makes it my favorite.

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul battle is my favorite.

Then it is probably Yoda/Anakin vs Dooku AOTC, Obi-Wan vs Anakin in ROTS or Yoda vs Palps in ROTS.

Without a doubt the Darth Maul vs Qui gon and Obiwan. It had everything- energy, speed, skill, and hatred. Especially the last fight between Obiwan and Maul. CLASSIC

Second- Darth Vader vs Luke in ESB. Darth Vader was getting angry at Luke for making him fight so long he release his anger. @loll@

Third- Yoda vs Darth Sidious. Very good battle.

1. Obi vs Ani

2. Luke vs Vader

3. Yoda vs Palp

4. Ani vs Count Duku

5. Obi vs Gen G

I say Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ. If you want to see two guys going at it in a swordfight, thats the move you look to. Swordfights dont need to have spectacular acrobatics in order for it to look well made. Thats the reason why I like Return of the jedi.

The Episode I fight was on the other hand well done, and I applaud George Lucas for hiring a fight corridinator and trying something different. But the actual fight scenes suffered from too much of a delay between the acrobatics, the two scenes with the ray sheilds, and that pit that Obi-Wan almost fell into.

The Fight in ESB was good, but too phsycological. and when Luke lost his hand, it just turned pathetic. In all sorts of ways. Even on Vaders part. When Vader brought up the fact that he was Lukes father in 1980, we thought that was so cool! But now it turns out to almost be a sign of weakness. because all six plots were written in order. And according to the script that we just saw in Episode III, when Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, he lost any shred of humanity that he once had. He was essentially Palpatine's personal kiling machine. So now that Vader brought up the fact that he was Lukes Father in 2005, I was like ....uh, why did he do that?!? Didnt he want to become Darth Vader because of the power the Dark Side of the Force promised him? Thats not cool. Accepting the fact that your Anakin Skywalker...You know....Luke Skywalkers father, is accepting your humanity again. You are essentially relenquishing the fact that your no longer the most powerfull entity in the galaxy.

I disagree. He was always human, just with more hate in him. He was getting old and it was almost time for him to go so he wanted to pass his legacy on to his son rather than someone else. Plus at the end you see him not really wanting to die again by killing the emperor but it was too late, so at least his son, his new legacy would live on.