The Burning Question..................

KENNY GUIDO

Yesterday, NEW YORK NEWSDAY posted a nice little story on the final movie.

but, they were left with a puzzling question.......

Remembrance of things past: In "Return of the Jedi," Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother. Leia says, "Just a little bit. ... She was very beautiful, kind but sad." But after "Episode III," we discover there's no way she could have any memory of her mother -- not unless there was some fairly potent ginkgo biloba in that galaxy far, far away.

ok, heres my 2 cents.........

perhaps because she has jedi blood in her that she can retain the slightest memory of her lifes events

or

they spoke of her adoptive mother and that she was sad?

heres a few more comments that were madE:

The little droid that could ... do a lot more: Without revealing too much, everyone's favorite droid, R2-D2, displays some previously unseen abilities to get out of a sticky situation early on in the movie. Why didn't he use those skills to smoke a few of those awful Ewoks in "Return of the Jedi"?

Episode III destroys Episode V: "Ultimately, I'm really making [the prequel] trilogy under the assumption that people will see it I to VI," Lucas told Premiere magazine in its May issue. But if future generations do watch the series in chronological order, the critical scene in "The Empire Strikes Back" -- in which Darth Vader reveals that he is Luke's father -- loses its climactic punch.

I think it's the whole Jedi thing, and Leia "sees' her that way...

The way I see it, Luke has these same images of his mother too, but is unsure and probably knows little or nothing about her... he just found out about Leia, so maybe she knows more... when she saya what she says in RotJ, maybe luke doesn't press it or anything, cause he basically saw the same thing...

a sad Padme, :)

R2... I'm sure there's things that we'll never see R2 do, but he can... and burning poor little ewoks... that's just sick, lol...

As for watching the movies straight through... us as fans, or people that have seen it already, it doesn't really matter, cause we already know, I know I plan on showing it to my son when he get's older like this:

4,5,6...1,2,clone wars,3

Lucas stated that this is the way he wants people to watch it... and I'm sure 90% of us parents that plan on introducing it to our kids.. will do it that same way ;)

Maybe there were security cameras?

I think they are joking, Obviously this is a minor line Lucas thru in 20 yrs ago not having complaete planned out the ore-quals. The best explanation is she senced her mothers feeling in the whom and carried those vague memories into adulthood. Or she had force visions of the past like Anakin had dreams of the future of his mother suffering or Padme dying.

Yesterday, NEW YORK NEWSDAY posted a nice little story on the final movie.

but, they were left with a puzzling question.......

Remembrance of things past: In "Return of the Jedi," Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother. Leia says, "Just a little bit. ... She was very beautiful, kind but sad." But after "Episode III," we discover there's no way she could have any memory of her mother -- not unless there was some fairly potent ginkgo biloba in that galaxy far, far away.

ok, heres my 2 cents.........

perhaps because she has jedi blood in her that she can retain the slightest memory of her lifes events

or

they spoke of her adoptive mother and that she was sad?

heres a few more comments that were madE:

The little droid that could ... do a lot more: Without revealing too much, everyone's favorite droid, R2-D2, displays some previously unseen abilities to get out of a sticky situation early on in the movie. Why didn't he use those skills to smoke a few of those awful Ewoks in "Return of the Jedi"?

Episode III destroys Episode V: "Ultimately, I'm really making [the prequel] trilogy under the assumption that people will see it I to VI," Lucas told Premiere magazine in its May issue. But if future generations do watch the series in chronological order, the critical scene in "The Empire Strikes Back" -- in which Darth Vader reveals that he is Luke's father -- loses its climactic punch.

No it's not padme she is refering to it's Bail Organ's wife. She knew herself as Leia Organa If she knew padme she would know her name was Skywalker and never would have kissed luke in ESB.

I think it's the whole Jedi thing, and Leia "sees' her that way...

The way I see it, Luke has these same images of his mother too, but is unsure and probably knows little or nothing about her... he just found out about Leia, so maybe she knows more... when she saya what she says in RotJ, maybe luke doesn't press it or anything, cause he basically saw the same thing...

a sad Padme, :)

R2... I'm sure there's things that we'll never see R2 do, but he can... and burning poor little ewoks... that's just sick, lol...

As for watching the movies straight through... us as fans, or people that have seen it already, it doesn't really matter, cause we already know, I know I plan on showing it to my son when he get's older like this:

4,5,6...1,2,clone wars,3

Lucas stated that this is the way he wants people to watch it... and I'm sure 90% of us parents that plan on introducing it to our kids.. will do it that same way ;)

I'll do it the same way as well. In myopinion it only makes sense to do it that way.

she is talking about Bail Organa's wife 'nuff said.

Some people claim to remember the time of their birth, so that's what I assumed she meant. Leia was very vague about it.

I doubt she meant Organa, Organa was smiling when she got Leia, and she didn't actually know any of the people killed.

it's not Organa, Leis's known to be the adopted daughter of the Organa's and Luke asks her if she remembers her REAL mother ;)

Yeah, Luke says "Your mother, your real mother".

Maybe Luke was more connected to Anakin and Leia was more connected to Padme. That could explain why Luke forgave Anakin so easily and Leia hated him for a long time. Leia remembered her mother more than Luke because there was more of a conection between them.

n

Just because one kid remembered something does not mean the other has to remember it also.

security cameras?

what about them?

i dont get it....

Remember how Obi-Wan rewatches the holographs of Anakin's slaughtering of Younglings? Same cameras were probably in the twin's birthroom. My guess. And with Bail Organa's connections, Leia would have probably had access to them later when she grew up.

damn this is getting too easy. lol