Discovery Channel And Collectors

POP NATION DICOVERY

Discovery Channel’s new show “Pop Nation� is looking for pop culture collectors (extreme and amateur) as well as buyers of these collectables!

I am working on a TOYS AND SCI-FI episode!

We are focusing on the era from 1960’s to late 1980’s. We will be filming in 4 cities over the next few months including LA, Baltimore, Austin and Portland.

If you or anyone you know is interested in showing off their collection, having an item appraised or buying items, please let me know. ALSO…we are looking for people who are desperate for an item to complete their collection.

For our extreme collectors, we want to visit their homes/etc. where they house their collection. If you have a mailing list or web site that you can pass this along on it would be extremely helpful. They can either contact me directly at this email or go to http://media.dsc.discovery.com/fansites/po.../popnation.html There, they can register for one of the events.

Thanks for your time and any help that you can provide would be a tremendous help.

Lucilla D’Agostino

ldagostino@ttpro.net

Should be a cool show keep us posted but none of the citys posted I live in :( . I would love to see a show on that kind of stuff. I have a pretty good collection all in boxes and totes lol. :)

When were you planning on filming? I'll be moving to the L.A.-area (Santa Barbera) around the end of August, and all my loose figures, and a few select MOC ones will be joining me, as well as pictures of the REAL MOC collection left for safe-keeping elsewhere.

-Kevin

Hey, I e-mailed and she e-mailed me back for more info. Maybe I can be published instead of televised?

Somehow I think that Nomad and Gemini Matrix are going to get some air time.

Call me crazy!

no never @smilepunch@

What about that guy here recently that had the converted nintendo display as his display case.....

That was KrimsonGuard666. A great army builder. I think it would be a good match up with Nomad. Also, can't forget Royal Marine's BAT army.

horay an show on the discovery channel! something to get even more elderly people out there hunting for toys to sell on ebay :S

If I understand it correctly you can only take one item so bringing an army building will not work. So a great collection has to be narrowed down to what you can carry. Tough for me to win as I have a huge collection not just one thing.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding the website because I live near Baltimore.

Thanks

Tim

aww man, it's like the shows on sunday mornings where some old lady brings in some clock that she found in a dumpster and it ends up being owned by DaVinci and is worth like 12 million dollars.. just with toys and other "cool" items...lol... I thought they were looking for cool collections...

yeah you guys need to branch out to other cities

then again, if I do it Ill have to seriously get to work on my bonus roomm....Ive gotten behind in the past few weeks with displaying stuff