Bend-ems And Why Am I The Only One

leonardo

Bend-ems were NEVER popular to my recollection. I remember the Justoys Star Wars bend-ems collecting dust on KB toy racks back 10 years ago, and that's when they were relatively new. Now they sell for .99 cents on ebay if you're lucky.

I love Bendy toys, but have they gone the way of the dodo? Are they all but extinct save a few bendy lines like Simpsons?

They've never been the best detailed figures, but they are fun, and hopefully some day someone will incorporate bendy figures back into something fun and original. Maybe someone could do bendy happy meal figures for properties like Batman or something.

What do you guys think of Bendys, anyone else here like them besides me?

Here's some lines I remember that were Bendy (most by Justoys which seems to be long gone):

WWF Bendy Figures (12 waves of bendys, must have done pretty well up until Jakks became the WWF figure maker).

Star Wars (these really aren't that bad, they were the only Star Wars figures out at the time, and they are better detailed than some of the POTF2 figures, and still retain a classic look to them).

Marvel (I've seen Capt America, Wolverine, Spider-man, and the Hulk, by far wolverine is the worst because he doesn't have claws).

Simpsons (These are probably by Playmates or a subsidary of Playmates, I own a Bart Simpson, and have seen the whole family sets at a comic store around me).

The Tick

Any more that I probably missed?

• 4 weeks later...

I used to love bendy toys when I was a kid. I remember this one line that actually went so far as to create an action toy line based on bendies. It had vehicles and everything. There were no action figures - just bendies! Check it out...

http://membres.lycos.fr/toys80master/galaxieindex.htm

I do now and have always hated, to my recollection, bendy things. They don't stand they don't pose well, and metal parts can come out and stab you.

Oh my god Ook!  That line was awesome!  I had all of the figures but never came across the castle.  I still have them tucked away somewhere at my parents house.

Oh crap, tell me you have extras of the red and green monsters! @bananna@