Why Are Korean Tf Toys So Cheap On Secondary Marke

DarkGalvatron

Does anyone know why Transformer Korean TF toys are so cheap on the Secondary market/Ebay/fan conventions?? Compared to the USA,Japan & UK Transformers.

Before anyone says that's because the seller is from Korea/Hong Kong. I'm talking about USA based sellers selling Korean/Hong Kong TF Takara liscensed toys from USA addresses. I also talking about the USA Based Ebay sellers selling Japanese,UK & USA Transformers from USA American based addresses.

I gather the Korean Transformer toys are Liscensed & made by Takara. I'm talking about the Real liscensed Takara TF Korean/hong kong Versions. I'm not talking about all the KO/Bootlegs & Fake TF toys on those super cheap huge card boad boxes/blister cards.

Does anyone have a clue why the 1997-2004 real Liscensed. TF/BW Takara patent Korean/Hong Kong TF toys never went up in value. why are these toys still selling at regular non-scalper/secondary prices???

While the 1997-2004 Hasbro USA & UK & the 1997-2004 Japan Takara TF toys have doubled+trippled in price.

Is there something wrong with those Korean Takara liscensed TF toys from 1997-2004. are the toys missing toy catalogs or instructions or weapons????

IMO,It appears there's nothing wrong/missing with Korean/Hong Kong Takara Liscensed TF toys from 1997-2004.

About the only instance I've heard of is as follows: The Korean/Hong Kong BW2ND God Neptune was missing his combiner accessories.

It just strikes me as odd why a Korean/Hong Kong Takara Liscensed Gigastorm/trypticon is selling for only $40 on the secondary market ebay. while the Takara Japanese BW2ND Gigastorm is selling for $100+ on ebay.

The quality I would guess, Korea has different quality control standards, namely lower, thus making the toy cheaper. Most Korean Transformers also use cheaper packaging.

Not quite my man, the Sonokong TF's are awesome. the quality is great and the packaging is pretty cool (Big Convoy packaged in Bot mode). Don't hesitate to buy a Sonokong (Korean) TF the are officially licensed Takara products and are awesome.

The quality I would guess, Korea has different quality control standards, namely lower, thus making the toy cheaper. Most Korean Transformers also use cheaper packaging.

Have you ever seen/held one?

'Cause neither my Big Convoy, God Ginrai, Lio Convoy nor Shadow Panther (all Korean versions) look or feel at all "cheaply made".

The God Ginrai looks and feels just as good of quality as the partial Powermaster Prime I have.

I have Big Convoy and he rocks. Never held a Japanese version but he seem to be good enough quality. The inner packaging does feel cheap though. Like recycled plastic or something

'Cause neither my Big Convoy, God Ginrai, Lio Convoy nor Shadow Panther (all Korean versions) look or feel at all "cheaply made".

The God Ginrai looks and feels just as good of quality as the partial Powermaster Prime I have.

You sound silly, of course I've held one, I have several, and the quality varies, almost all of my BW2 figs are Korean, but I have two Lio Convoys, with the Japanese one being slightly better, paint wise and joint wise.

All I know that in plastic, they are the same, but paint-wise, they suck compare to the japanese ver. Out of half of the korean ones I have, Big Convoy and Brave MAximus have crappy paint jobs.

My BC's paint is perfect, and appears to be identical to the "real one's" pics. :huh:

I got the Trypticon oh I'm sorry...Gigastorm Neo something force version... From Korea, His paint is fine, walks fine, looks just as good at the original, the box was cheap thin cardboad, but Trypticon is Awsome. I even got a trashed original and swapped out the The guns and stuff on his mouth/nose. He here is in my collection:

triplethreat.jpg

All I know that in plastic, they are the same, but paint-wise, they suck compare to the japanese ver.  Out of half of the korean ones I have, Big Convoy and Brave MAximus have crappy paint jobs.

My BC's paint is perfect, and appears to be identical to the "real one's" pics. :huh:

I know I am not the only one who has a shobby painted convoy snce others on this forum mentioned the same thing. The korean version might have a higher majority of mess up paints over the japanese/american ones unless someon can confirm that the paint jobs from Takara and Hasbro are horrible

I know that Brave max has the backward sticker.

brave max only has the faction symbol upside down. you never even see that unless he's in city mode. who diplays a maximus in city mode? my big convoy is perfect, the only difference i could see was the blue on the head is lighter than the takara version. i can live with that. i eventually need to get myself a gigastorm, i love his reptilian scales and the large predacon symbol on his ramp. looks so much better than trypticon IMO.

I got Stampy, Break, Cohadra and a Microman mecha from Korea. The plastic is just as good as Japan or the USAs

i think korean licensed tfs are just the same as takara quailty

i had some hasbro stuff that felt cheap.. universe jets come to mind

and i had some takara stuff that felt cheap too

not as cheap as knockoffs mind u

brave max only has the faction symbol upside down. you never even see that unless he's in city mode. who diplays a maximus in city mode? my big convoy is perfect, the only difference i could see was the blue on the head is lighter than the takara version. i can live with that. i eventually need to get myself a gigastorm, i love his reptilian scales and the large predacon symbol on his ramp. looks so much better than trypticon IMO.

I must have a curse in gettin the first two korean TF figures since both Brave Max(spike or whatever the little guy's name in car robots) and big convoy have crappy paint jobs...though my penguin and deadend two pack were painted nicely