Hasbro Does Want The Extra Ss Figs Back!!

Arashikage Storm

I called hasbro concerning the fact that my letter said 5 and i had received only 3 also. The guy at Hasbro asked how old the child was... or if i was a collector. I said collector.. he said " of course".

Well thats not right either....the age of the recipient shouldn't matter. It sounds like he intends to handle your case differently since u told him u were a collector....they might have been more willing to let it go if it was a kid.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually Hasbro is being a bit... well, without class.

Here's the deal, when a company sends you something in the mail, even by mistake, that you did not order or agree to buy, it's YOURS. Legally, Hasbro can't do jack sqwat about it. In fact, I don't think they can legally discriminate against you in the future if you don't pay up or return extra figures.

They made a mistake and are now asking for you to pay for their mistake.

I did get extras -- I'm not sure if I'm going to send them a check, send back the figures, or just keep them. Legally, I'm entitled to keep them. Ethically, I should probably send them back. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do here.

actually, I think the opposite is true.. it is VERY classy.

They might not be able to do anything legally, but they are hoping that true fans will do the right thing. If you respect GiJoe and what Hasbro has done for you, then I think there is only one choice.

There is NO cost being passed along to the fans. If you send it back like they said, you lose nothing.. if you decide to pay for them, you get what you payed for and actually gain by not having to send in the points as well.

If it wasnt for the fact that others wouldnt get them i would keep them all. It wouldnt being stealing as the figures are free. Hasbro would simply have paid the 2.95 shipping and handling in error. A free figure is a free figure wether i paid shipping and handling or not.

well, actually the figures cost them right... and they make you buy stuff to get them with the battle points... so they are hoping that deals like this will get them customers.. if people can't get their figures, there is less incentive to buy.. they will lost business if people decide to keep the extras.

and they also lose money by shipping more than somebody paid to ship

I like how they claim it could cause a shortage, but if you want to give them money its ok to keep em all. Its cool your gonna return em, but at the same time Hasbro should be able to handle these things better. Sounds like alot of people are getting this letter.

I got the three SS's Unmasked, that I ordered, TODAY !!!

I only got three I ordered. One for each of my boys, and one for myself. However, one of the SS's came with two swords and four sais.

Should I return the extra sword and sais, or should I keep them and allow someone out there to receive a SS Unmasked without any weaponry? Hmmmm.

I called hasbro concerning the fact that my letter said 5 and i had received only 3 also. The guy at Hasbro asked how old the child was... or if i was a collector. I said collector.. he said " of course".

So i am waiting to hear back about the fact they think i got five. Xhairs... i'll let you know when i know something.

thanks i would really appreciate that cuse i really would like to know were thay got that # from.

Here's the problem I'm having:

Back when the Agent Faces figures were shipped, I got my two I ordered, but one of them had two right arms (!). So I sent it back with a letter explaining what the problem was and asked for a replacement. No answer. Fast forward to the SS Unmasked offer. I gathered up the necessary Battle Points and money, but I typed a second letter explaining what had happened with the Agent Faces figure replacement I never received, and I said that I would happily accept a second SS figure to replace the Agent Faces figure I never got back. So what do they send to me in the mail? One SS Unmasked figure. I mean, yeah, I was going out on a limb to ask for a SS substitute figure since I admittedly couldn't very well prove I had sent the defective Agent Faces figure back, or that I had even ordered two in the first place. And I'm by no means out much money at all, but I did lose Battle Points, and I never did get a replacement for the defective figure. It just sucks to get stiffed by a major company who could very well afford to replace one little ol' figure that they put together wrong in the first place. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? Should I contact customer service at Hasbro? Or would I even have a leg to stand on so to speak not having any proof I even ordered two figures? *sigh*

If it wasnt for the fact that others wouldnt get them i would keep them all.

keeping them doesn't keep anyone from getting them. if it did, Hasbro wouldn't provide the option of keeping them. Hasbro only said that to appeal to your emotions and hope you'd feel guilty enough to either pay or send them back. unfortunately the option to keep them and pay contradicts their initial assertion that they needed them to fullfil other orders. if that was the case they would have only asked that you send them back.

This is exactly the kinda of problems ppl will face when buying from Hasbro directly ... doubt they have any infrastructure/system set up for processing orders ... Yet ... :D

Looks like Snakes, Storms, Spirits, Dukes gonna so F bz writing emails that Cobra gonna take over the world ... :D :D :D

Hasbro probably pays like .10 per figure actual shipping charges. They get a bulk rate out he wazooooo. I think its not cool to claim the 2.95 is for the infamous" shipping & handling" Just tell us from the begining the figure isnt free ... it cost 2.95. We know figures dont grow on trees and fools gotta make a profit.

I think they ask for age for 2 reasons.

1. statistics. they want to know who is buying GI JOe.

2. legal reasons.

I got the number off of the hasbro web site under customer service.

Right there I would have said "thanks for the free figures assh*le" and hung up. They should be thankful that you are even entertaining the idea of sending them back and giving them a call to make sure your both on the up and up. Instead they are implying that just because you are a collector that you are more likely dishonest and trying to jack them. Thats BullSh!T

Anyone who got extra figures has every right to keep them if they choose. And yes it DOES cost them something to return them. I didnt get any extras but if I did, it would be a MAJOR pain in the butt for me to get to the post office and box them up and return them to sender. I work five days a week, my wife works five days a week, we very rarely ever have a day off together and if we do its Sunday. We have only one car, so when I get home from work she takes off to work and I am at home with a 5 year old an infant and no car. Scheduling simple things like haircuts, grocery shopping, ect occupies MOST of any free time we have left. Heck the other day I took an hour of vacation so I could leave work early and go get my comic book!! Heh. So yeah if they had sent me extra figs it would have been a great feat of moral integrity for me to make the time to find a way to mail them back. And in all fairness its not something Hasbro has any right to expect me to do. They can ask and HOPE for the best. But I agree even that is tacky... The appropriate thing to do is to find where the error was in their system. If someone in their company was responsible through negligence, reprimand them. Fix the loophole, cut their losses. MOVE ON.

Phanstar

all that being said tho... Man I would really want one of those letters. :)

DOH!

Phanstar

Anyone who got extra figures has every right to keep them if they choose. And yes it DOES cost them something to return them. I didnt get any extras but if I did, it would be a MAJOR pain in the butt for me to get to the post office and box them up and return them to sender. I work five days a week, my wife works five days a week, we very rarely ever have a day off together and if we do its Sunday. We have only one car, so when I get home from work she takes off to work and I am at home with a 5 year old an infant and no car. Scheduling simple things like haircuts, grocery shopping, ect occupies MOST of any free time we have left. Heck the other day I took an hour of vacation so I could leave work early and go get my comic book!! Heh. So yeah if they had sent me extra figs it would have been a great feat of moral integrity for me to make the time to find a way to mail them back. And in all fairness its not something Hasbro has any right to expect me to do. They can ask and HOPE for the best. But I agree even that is tacky... The appropriate thing to do is to find where the error was in their system. If someone in their company was responsible through negligence, reprimand them. Fix the loophole, cut their losses. MOVE ON.

Phanstar

legal right, yeah... moral right, no way.

and like the letter said, just mark your packages "return to sender and leave them for your mail-carrier"... takes about 20 seconds and costs you nothing.

Gee, I just wrote "Return to Sender" on the boxes of the 5 extra I got and stuck them back in my mailbox. Was I supposed to take them to the post office?

As for the letter, I think its neat how they always get creative with them.

Ok I never thought about just writing return to sender on the package and setting it in the mail box. The way the first poster repeated the letter it sounded more like they were asking you to mail them back with a postage due sticker or something... That makes a little more sense..... Thats no cost to me then. I'll buy that.

Phanstar

I still disagree that you are morally wrong if you keep them. I mean sure you are doing a GOOD thing to send them back. But I dont think you are doing a bad thing if you keep them either. I mean heck how many days before the letter did most people actually recieve their extra figures? 3-7 days or more? Thats plenty of time to say to a friend, Hey I got double my order, sure you can have one, or whatever. Then you get a letter saying BTW we need that back? Oops? Not your fault. Not your problem.

Phanstar

I still disagree that you are morally wrong if you keep them. I mean sure you are doing a GOOD thing to send them back. But I dont think you are doing a bad thing if you keep them either.

Sure. You're keeping goods you did not pay for.

Here's the deal: you are the only one that will know if you have done what is 'morally right.' Unless you make it a point to post here and say: "I kept all my extras and there's nothing you can do about it!" Other than that, I personally don't care what anyone does with their extras. Send em back, keep em, trade em away, put em on eBay. Do whatever you feel is right for you. Since I won't know what you do, it won't change my opinion about anyone. I just think it's ridiculous that this post turned into a moral dilema about something that is really on the personal level.